PDA

View Full Version : dining plan upgrade

VaderGirl
07-13-2013, 12:10 AM
can u upgrade the free dining plan to the deluxe & if so, how much per day/person is it?
Thank u

Capt_redshirt
07-13-2013, 04:05 AM
yes you can. exact cost for the upgrade is what ever the difference between the 2 plans. roughly its 44 to 50 dollars depending on if you are going durring peak or regular time

PlutoPlanet
07-15-2013, 11:58 AM
We did the Deluxe once. It's a lot of food. Too much for me. It was fun to go to restaurants like Citricos and Cali Grill, but for us, the Deluxe DP was one and done.

Dulcee
07-15-2013, 12:25 PM
You can. To figure out the cost just subtract the price of the regular plan from the cost of the deluxe. You pay the difference.

We did this for our honeymoon last december and while, yes, its a lot of food, we had a blast. Our WDW trips we do revolve around dining. We love trying the restaurants. I like signature restaurants and DH likes big breakfasts.

We also made it well worth it money wise. We booked mostly signatures for dinner (Cali Grill, Artist Point, Jikos and Narcoosees). We did several sit down breakfasts. And occasionally we did a sit down lunch, but that was pretty rare. Usually for lunch we used snack credits.

One nice thing on the deluxe plan was any extras at at a meal was rolled into our credits. Extra sides, juices, coffees, smoothies, all rolled right in. However, the one word of warning, when dining at lots of signature restaurants plan accordingly for tips. For two we usually came in at $200-250 for dinner.

A lot of people aren't fans of the dining plan here but if you plan out your credit use in advance a upgrade of a free regular plan to the deluxe can be well worth it!

VaderGirl
07-15-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm sure its too much. Just wish they left appetizers on n took of desserts. :(