PDA

View Full Version : Spray Tan Before Disney Trip--Does It Hold Up?

mickeys_princess_mom
07-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Talk to me, folks! Going in August. :sun: Trying to be safer but would love to be tan. How well does a spray tan last? What about "glowing" and pool time? Is it a good idea? Don't want to look like a tiger w stripes.....:D

Christine
07-13-2013, 09:18 AM
I dunno- I haven't done a spray tan in around 20 years - do they still do it in a "phone booth" Type of thing? I did mine for prom and it was very even, you kind of turned like a rotisserie chicken while the jets sprayed you. It only lasted a few days and when I shaved my legs it left "polka dots" where the hair follicle is.

I would research whom you are going to use and see if chlorine will eat at it. Or sweat since it'll be August.

We have a patient that does it routinely and when he comes for blood draws and they Swab his arm with alcohol to clean it before the stick, orange comes off on the gauze.

So if the sprays are that easily removed, that'd make me leery.

Hopefully someone will be by with experience from THIS decade!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Oh, my goodness. Think that settles that! Never had one. Not sounding like a good idea! Thanks!

disneygirlie11
07-13-2013, 10:37 AM
I get them. I get the mystic tans. As long as you shave and exfoliate well before you get the tan & wait 6 hours to shower after getting it it should be fine. The tanner is actually black, so you won't get an orange look. When you get out of the booth you'll wipe down w a towel and make sure you do your legs first in case it's dropping! You don't want runs ;). But it will last about 7-10 days. I've never had spots from shaving before.

Christine
07-13-2013, 10:40 AM
I had spots from shaving after? Like reverse whilst spots?
Again, 20 some odd years ago.
Sounds like they've come a long way.

Maybe do a practice one before your trip?

brownie
07-13-2013, 04:31 PM
So if the sprays are that easily removed, that'd make me leery.

I'd be more worried if it wasn't easily removed!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-13-2013, 05:37 PM
I'd be more worried if it wasn't easily removed!

:high5: :yes:

KylesMom
07-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Checked around with the ladies at work, and while I couldn't get a large sampling of women who utilize spray tans, it seems that San Tropez Self Tan does pretty well. Doesn't come off orange on a towel, and it looks healthy and natural. :mickey:

minnie04
07-18-2013, 01:26 PM
I would try a lotion I have done them from time to time and they last a until to stop applying them. Start two or three weeks before vacation time. It should be even and look really nice by then. The sprays last a couple of days they look awesome at night, but day time you will look orange and streaky specially by the hands and feet. Jergens natural glow self tanner is a great lotion :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Thank you both, Ladies! I may try one of the lotions...Have seen the Jergens one and wondered. I mostly need for my legs to catch up with the rest of me. :blush: And if it would quit raining here, that would help!

DVC2004
07-24-2013, 05:01 PM
I spray tan all the time at a tanning salon. They have VersaSpa ( automatic Booth) but they useed to have Mystic Tan. Anyway, I have no problem with it. Usually for me the tans last at least 5 days. However, I do notice if I am going in the pool or hot tub it fades faster. I am sure the chemicals in the water leach it off faster. I don't use the creams and at home sprays- they are always streaky and unnatural and I can't reach all over for example my back. It's a waste of time and money. The booth provides an even spray and lasts longer.

If you get one shave, exfoliate, moisturize and then get it the day before you go.

DVC2004
07-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Also, VersaSpa if your Salon has it, does spray a fine mist. When it used have Mystic Tan, you had the drips and had to towel off. VersaSpa you don't need too. The excess will wash off in the shower that night or the next morning (wait at least 6 hours for the tan to fully develop).

mickeys_princess_mom
07-26-2013, 03:12 PM
:thanks:

Mickey's 4Walls
09-21-2013, 11:07 AM
The spay tan is ok if you don't sweat. It will come off on anything white or light. Lotion : Fake Bake. Use the lotion not moose. Exfoliate before! :mickey: