PDA

View Full Version : To expensive and to many Disney changes

special ed teacher
07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Just like most people who read these posts, I have taken my family to many Disney trips. I have been reading about all the possible changes with Disney and the increase in price with less to offer, and now I wonder if it is time to quit planning Disney trips. I loved Disney!

Kenny1113
07-10-2013, 04:49 PM
It is looking like it....
Especially when my kids are getting to an age where they enjoy the rides at Universal and Busch Gardens more. (Unfortunately for me, because I love the Disney touch and attention to detail)
I cannot justify the cost difference for that Disney magic that is seemingly dwindling. :(

4disneynuts
07-10-2013, 04:54 PM
I say NO it is not time to quit. If you are like my family we love Disney. We don't like the increases and some of the changes but the love we have for it outweighs those. I can't imagine our lives without Disney being a part of it. We have a lot of family and friends that say why don't you do something else or why do you spend the money to go there all the time. My answer to them is because we LOVE it. We have so many good memories with our daughters there. We feel like we are literally in another world. We like to have options and that is what Disney offers us. There is always something to do.:magic:

disneymom15
07-10-2013, 06:36 PM
I say NO it is not time to quit. If you are like my family we love Disney. We don't like the increases and some of the changes but the love we have for it outweighs those. I can't imagine our lives without Disney being a part of it. We have a lot of family and friends that say why don't you do something else or why do you spend the money to go there all the time. My answer to them is because we LOVE it. We have so many good memories with our daughters there. We feel like we are literally in another world. We like to have options and that is what Disney offers us. There is always something to do.:magic:
I totally agree with you. It's our happy place.

faline
07-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Everyone needs to make their own choices about where they spend their vacation money. Personally, I still enjoy the time I spend a Disney. Will I do all the same things I used to do? Perhaps not but I will still find ways to enjoy my Disney experience.

brownie
07-10-2013, 09:33 PM
It's going to have to increase a lot more before I'd consider not going. I'd probably draw the line when I'd have to consider a second job to fund Disney trips!

KylesMom
07-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Good point, Steve! While we've had to scale our Disney trips wayyyyyy back at this point, we were fortunate enough to be able to return each year from 2000 to 2011. Due to our house needing some major work combined with DS' school expenses and schedule, we don't have a trip planned - but I can't imagine quitting Disney. Too much a part of our lives!:mickey:

vizsla
07-11-2013, 05:28 AM
All the years we have been going to Disney the prices have increased as well as other theme parks in the area. Some service is not what it used to be but there is no other theme park that can provide the atmosphere that Disney can. We visit alot of other Theme parks and amusement parks around the country throughout the year and none of them can be compared to Disney. Disney is unique and we will always go there.

Mrs Bus Driver
07-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Just like most people who read these posts, I have taken my family to many Disney trips. I have been reading about all the possible changes with Disney and the increase in price with less to offer, and now I wonder if it is time to quit planning Disney trips. I loved Disney!

If you are starting to wonder then I would say its time to go somewhere else. You can always come back later when/if there have been improvements. There are plenty of places to go on vacation. So go and enjoy yourselves, you may find some place else to love/like. :mickey:

Katzateer
07-11-2013, 08:46 PM
I go on vacation to relax. Disney feels like home - our needs have changed over the years but I still enjoy our trips. It is more about relaxing now that our kids are grown but I still feel the magic every time I walk down Main Street!

Tekneek
07-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Everyone is going to feel differently about this kind of thing. We used to love going and planning the next trip. Now we're thinking this next one is going to be our last for a long time, perhaps forever. Planning for it isn't as much fun as it used to be. Everything is way more complicated than it once was (and is about to be even more complicated if we get lumped into FP+) and way more expensive.

As Disney nickels-and-dimes and forces over-planning of minute details, it takes more of the joy and magic out of the whole experience. Additionally, guest service isn't what it used to be. I understand many are just as happy, if not happier, than they've ever been with WDW. It's just not the same for us. The challenge for us is keeping our heads up because this trip means so much for one of our daughters (a birthday trip promised to her years ago).

Altair
07-13-2013, 09:31 AM
As dedicated off-siter's, our Disney trips are about as cheap as they can get. We'll wait and see how these changes affect our park experience. I will say one thing though, if "Magic Your Way" pricing goes away, so will we. :mickey:

mom2morgan
07-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately, for us, it is not going to be a matter of "if it's worth it" - it is going to very soon be too expensive for us to go. At all. And that is going to break my heart.