PDA

View Full Version : maid service

locutus
07-09-2013, 09:26 PM
is maid service still included when you stay at a dvc resort? I just got back from Disney and stayed 8 nights and the room was filthy and no one cam to make up the room. Why am I paying such high dues for such lousy service (no service in my case)

dlpmikki
07-10-2013, 03:40 AM
If it was 8 nights you should have had housekeeping on 4th day. if it was 7 nights and 8 days you would only have had trash and towel.

VWL Mom
07-10-2013, 06:40 AM
Was the unit filthy when you checked in? Kind of curious why you didn't call down then and either be switched or have someone come up and check it.

As Mikki stated, if you stayed 8 nights in one room you should have had housekeeping on day 4, otherwise only trash and towel.

locutus
07-10-2013, 03:39 PM
it was for 8 days. ////////////////and I did call when we got our roombecause there was a open bottle of wine in the bedroom that spilled onto the carpet . they had to come up with a steam cleaner to clean the rug. and the worst part is I had to wait until 4 30 pm to get the room. Youd think it would be cleaned and if need be checked before I was given the room. And tho its not about the room, but the grounds were also all overgrown. I remember as a kid they were always out cutting the grass and trimming the shrubs when I was there,and the garbage cans at the bus stops were overflowing with trash drawing bugs. no nothing. Disney charges and arm and a leg but service I have to say has signiigaly decreases. I have to say I wasn't pleased. Have to start looking for other places for vacation

Aurora
07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Where did you stay?

faline
07-10-2013, 06:37 PM
On one trip, we had folks forget to do our room cleaning for us. We simply called housekeeping. They said they would come right up if we wanted it. Instead, we made arrangements to have the cleaning take place the following day. It all worked out.

locutus
07-15-2013, 11:52 AM
we stayed at Saratoga springs

PETE FROM NYC
07-16-2013, 05:33 PM
BLT is our home.
We had a split ressie last Sept .
We had the 1 BR for 10 nights, w/ the accompanying studio for 5 nights. The ressie somehow got it wrong. My room key and parking pass expired in 5 days, had to desk to get it fixed. Our guests left in 5 days. In all that time, we never saw any maid or trash/ towel service. When I asked at checkout, got told it was because of the split ressie and no one bothered to fix it after the ressie correction.
Now, when we go back 9/14 for 14 days, I will ask for a cleaning schedule upon check-in.

Hammer
07-17-2013, 09:40 AM
it was for 8 days.

If it was 8 nights you should have had housekeeping on 4th day. if it was 7 nights and 8 days you would only have had trash and towel.

As Mikki stated, if you stay 8 nights, you room is cleaned on day 8. As you stayed 7 nights/8 days, you should have gotten trash and towel service on day 4 only. Did you not receive trash and towel?

tink'72
07-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Just got back and stayed at our home resort of AKL we stayed 8 nights 9 days and received maid service day 4 (trash and towels) and a full cleaning right before we left. I do have to say however the maid on our floor was great. She stopped by the room each day to see if we needed anything.

Aurora
07-24-2013, 06:08 PM
As Mikki stated, if you stay 8 nights, you room is cleaned on day 8. As you stayed 7 nights/8 days, you should have gotten trash and towel service on day 4 only. Did you not receive trash and towel?

Just got back and stayed at our home resort of AKL we stayed 8 nights 9 days and received maid service day 4 (trash and towels) and a full cleaning right before we left. I do have to say however the maid on our floor was great. She stopped by the room each day to see if we needed anything.

Just to clarify, Mikki stated that your room should get a full cleaning on Day 4 of an 8-night stay. If your stay is 7 or fewer nights, you should get trash and towel on Day 4.

Either way, you should get some kind of service on Day 4. What you get on that day depends on how long your entire stay is.

Tink, since your stay was 8 nights and 9 days, you actually should have had a full cleaning on Day 4, not just trash and towel.

Here's info from the member site:

Trash & Towel Service

For stays of 7 or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:
Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace bath amenities as needed.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.

Full Cleaning Service

For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both. This process repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the vacation villa.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

faline
07-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Yes. That's been my experience. Full service on day 4 for longer stays. Trash and towel on day 4 for shorter stays.

Hammer
07-24-2013, 11:54 PM
I meant to type full service cleaning on Day 4, but it was past the time when I could edit the post once I noticed my error :oops: . As I've never stayed 8 nights, I've never had the full service cleaning on Day 4, only trash and towel.

tink'72
07-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Tink, since your stay was 8 nights and 9 days, you actually should have had a full cleaning on Day 4, not just trash and towel.

Here's info from the member site:

Trash & Towel Service

For stays of 7 or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:
Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace bath amenities as needed.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.

Full Cleaning Service

For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both. This process repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the vacation villa.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Really? Well that did not happen. Maybe they are cutting back on the maid service? :confused::confused:

ANG
07-26-2013, 08:02 AM
we stayed at Saratoga springs

We stayed at SSR last week and were very impressed by the grounds.

lightyearfan
07-26-2013, 03:22 PM
We stayed at SSR last week and were very impressed by the grounds.

our home resort is Saratoga and we've never had an issue with dirty rooms or bad grounds as a matter of fact we've stayed at several dvc resorts an have never had an issue, i would agree about rooms not being ready as we check in, except for when we stay at our home resort, it always seems to be ready.

VIctor:mickey: