PDA

View Full Version : Attractions You Downright Refuse To Do

AvonleaCF
07-09-2013, 01:17 PM
And I don't just mean "I'll skip it," I mean you absolutely, 100%, won't go on no matter what.

For me they're:

- Tower of Terror (can't deal with the drops)
- Rock'n Roller Coaster (did it once; never again)
- Teacups (nausea)
- Astro Orbitor (nausea)
- Kali River Rapids (I actually love this ride, but hate being soaked. Wet undies make me miserable)

Splash Mountain depends on my mood at the time. Usually once per visit, sometimes not even once. I really hate drops. But I love Space, Thunder, and EE.

And then of course there are attractions I've never done, and doubt I ever will, but it's not like I'd refuse kicking and screaming if someone in my party wanted to experience them (like American Idol Experience and the Playhouse Disney show).

Something for everyone, right?

Dopey's Girl
07-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Teacups, Astro Orbiter, and Primevil Whirl. No spinning for this lady!

DonLefNY
07-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Teacups and Astro Orbiter.

disneymom15
07-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Teacups, Stitch, ToT(once was enough), Mission Space.

Dulcee
07-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Mission Space :sick:

Ms. Mode
07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Mission Space: Gave us all a headache
Stitch: Never again!
Primeval Whirl: Last time scared me!

PS> I agree about the wet undies too!

DisneyGiant
07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Mission Space - the scary side. No way, No how.

I never did Alien Encounter. I don't like to be scared.

I have also never taken the train in the AK to that animal learning section whatever its called. I don't like the wild critters all that much.

I think I've done or do just about everything else.

Oh - no Richard Petty driving experience for me. I don't know for the life of me how NASCAR is considered a sport. :blush:

BWayGrl
07-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Star Tours - tried the original one and I got so nauseous. I don't think I'd survive the new version!

Stitch - I haven't done this one at all. I'm just still bitter about Alien Encounter being gone.

Mission Space - I've only done the Green version. Too afraid I'll get sick on Orange.

Christine
07-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Fun question!

Everest
Mission space
Hall of presidents

Dulcee
07-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Hall of presidents

:confused:Why not??

JMTStone
07-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Stitch. Bleh

And I love Stitch the character

Other than that..... I'm IN:number1:

kurt
07-09-2013, 03:25 PM
mission space
primieval whirl
teacups
anything that spins fast:sick::ack:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-09-2013, 03:26 PM
I have a fear of heights so I don't do

AK-Everest
DHS-rockin roller coaster or Tower of Terror
Epcot-mission space
MK- Splash Mountain Space Mountain or Astro Orbitor

LauraF
07-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Do parades count?

I really, really, am sick of being shoved around in the heat by aggressive people lacking boundaries. I don't dislike parades as an institution, but it's not worth the aggravation to either put the aggressive folks in their place, or find another spot.

Instead, I go on everything else during parade time, or just stroll around and enjoy the chance to breathe.

mamatedd
07-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Stitch. I hate it, and my whole family loves it. I happily wait outside. ;)

MNNHFLTX
07-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Stitch for me too. I won't ever do it again. :nono:

Lights, Motors, Action--once was enough.

snuggs30
07-09-2013, 05:11 PM
I don't like the treehouse! I think its stupid and boring. Primevil whirl makes me sick:ack: Stitch is stupid. Backlot tour at studios is a waste of time. Conservation station-just think its a waste of time. Sorry don't mean to sound like a grumpy person, but those are worthless. :thumbsup:

ransam
07-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Stitch i will never go on again, ever.

there are rides i may not like, but i'll go on. But stitch is the only one i will not go on.

Melanie
07-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Roller Coaster - done them both many times, but something finally clicked a few years ago and now I'm out. It's not worth getting all worked up about these rides.

Scar
07-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Last trip I decided I would never do Space Mountain again, well, really my back decided for me.

Unless one of my nieces or nephew asked me:

Playhouse disney
Dumbo (or any the spoke rides)
Stich

retiredfigment
07-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Primeval Whirl - DD had a headache for two days after that. Beside bouncing around, we were 4 to a car and very scrunched.
Can't do TofT - bad for back.
Splash Mountain, wish there was a way to do and skip the drop, so do once every other trip.
Have never been on the water ride at AK. Keeps saying we will try, but like the previous message, don't like wet undies.

ANG
07-09-2013, 07:22 PM
ToT. Makes me sick every time, so no more.

disney obsessed
07-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Teacups and astro orbiter.

Don't usually do space mountan or big thunder, they give me a headache, but i don't "refuse".

tiggerbuddy
07-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Hmmm..Surprised no one said Imagination since Dreamfinder was "retired"...

Swiss family treehouse...Boring:mickey:

Christine
07-10-2013, 12:14 AM
:confused:Why not??

Did it once- more than enough for my crew

:sleepin:

merciantinkerbell
07-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Teacups and primeval Whirl. Can't do that fast spinning without things getting "colourful" :ack: Also Rock n Rollercoaster, did it in Disneyland Paris some years ago but now the body won't appreciate it! Mission Space - saw pictures of the ride vehicles and looked waaaaay too claustrophobic. Suppose all this makes me a bit of a wuss!!

azcavalier
07-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Teacups
Country Bears
Playhouse Disney
The Voyage of the Little Mermaid (DHS)

Dulcee
07-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Did it once- more than enough for my crew

:sleepin:

That hurts my history buff side a little bit... but its safe to say my DH would probably agree with you lol

Oh and another vote for parades. I'm not a big fan, that however could all change once we have kids.

Melanie
07-10-2013, 09:07 AM
That hurts my history buff side a little bit...

Goodness, me too. ;) I guess you guys don't like American Adventure either? So many similarities. And some advice Christine, if you don't like Hall of Presidents, skip Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland, even if it's a Walt classic.

Christine
07-10-2013, 09:07 AM
That hurts my history buff side a little bit... but its safe to say my DH would probably agree with you lol

Oh and another vote for parades. I'm not a big fan, that however could all change once we have kids.

Sorry :) I promise I'm not unAmerican, I just had a really bad experience there. When I went, years ago, there was a group of yahoos that made it a deplorable "my team / your team" type arena. (They were anti George W. and they let everyone know it! This stirred up those who were either pro GW or those who were just respectful enough of the institution that they didn't want to hear it) and it was a very unhappy attraction to be in.

Instead of history in person it seemed more like a political debate & I don't like that.

I was going to answer your question re: this at first, bc I was afraid I would sound unpatriotic, but I tried to stay out of the political part :blush:

JMTStone
07-10-2013, 09:11 AM

I like parades when we're not there during prime time (we tried Thanksgiving week - oy vey).

When we do, we go extra early, get our Mickey bars and get good seats. And we also try to get to the "second" parade if there is one.

Invariably, 10 minutes before the parade starts, one of us will have to go to the restroom. When they get back, we're surrounded and there's no room for the person or persons who needed the "rest".

On the brighter side, we've had some room at the curb and invited a child who couldn't see to sit with us while their parents stood behind. They were so thankful, they bought my DD11 a light up toy. So there's still some pixie dust left!

WDWCrazyKaren
07-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Teacups
Astro Orbitor
Stitch (how stupid is that thing? I can't even call it an "attraction")

I have to drag my DH into American Adventure. I like it (and I love Voices of Liberty beforehand). My DH is very patriotic, loves his country and all of that, but he is Native American, and it really bothers him how they gloss over anything negative in the telling of American history. He'll go with me, but I get the running commentary throughout!

snowflakegirl
07-10-2013, 11:15 AM
There are things that I don't generally do (Country Bears, Playhouse Disney, American Idol, etc) but that I would do if someone I was with wanted too. I suspect some of that will change on our next trip (not til 2015 :-( ) since we'll be taking our then two year old for the first time.

The only things I actually refuse to do are Mission Space Orange (I think) because I've heard too many people complain of headaches and feeling sick and Stitch...but I've never actually been on it, I've just been bitter about the Alien Encounter being removed.

Belle of the Ball 051411
07-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Do parades count?

I really, really, am sick of being shoved around in the heat by aggressive people lacking boundaries. I don't dislike parades as an institution, but it's not worth the aggravation to either put the aggressive folks in their place, or find another spot.

Instead, I go on everything else during parade time, or just stroll around and enjoy the chance to breathe. This! Plus anything that spins fast.

NickD100
07-10-2013, 11:29 AM
Captain EO!!!!! I'd rather watch paint dry....

PlutoPlanet
07-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Stitch
Teacups
Astro Orbiter

Disneypixie513
07-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Stitch. No thank you. I'd probably feel claustrophobic.

I wasn't a fan of Dinosaur, but I could possibly be persuaded into riding it again. But it's doubtful.

Also, Kali River Rapids. I'm not a fan of being drenched.

#1donaldfan
07-10-2013, 12:50 PM
I have been thinking hard on this one and my answer is none !! I do most everything on a trip, even if I don't care for an attraction, if I can get out of the heat for a few I will !! I will say that I love the Norway ride in EC, but have NEVER stayed for the video afterwards.....haha:mickey:

bruin1344
07-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Universe of Energy (long, boring, and dated)
Captain EO (dated)

Nascfan
07-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I have two. Stitch and Summit Plummet.

Arielfan98
07-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Astro Orbiter (scared of heights) and Teacups (nausea)

JMTStone
07-11-2013, 07:30 AM
I have two. Stitch and Summit Plummet.

DD20 lost some of her bathing suit on the Summit Plummet.

AgentC
07-11-2013, 07:52 AM
I can't think of anything I would never do if someone asked me to go on it, but I do find there are things like Stitch that we almost never do.

I am close to retiring the teacups. My son is getting big enough to spin them pretty fast. After last time I definitely did not feel great. :sick:

Melanie
07-11-2013, 07:58 AM
I forgot about Astro Orbiters. That's another 'no way' from me. Way too high.

KylesMom
07-11-2013, 07:58 AM
I am close to retiring the teacups. My son is getting big enough to spin them pretty fast. After last time I definitely did not feel great. :sick:

Cindy, that is hilarious. When DS was strong enough to spin DH and I too fast, coupled with the fact that we no longer all 3 fit in a cup, we told him to go get his own. It's a much better experience! :D

Like others, while we visit some attractions sparingly, I don't think there is anything at Disney World that I would refuse to go on. However, I still refrain from the "Orange" team on Mission Space! :mickey:

DVCJohn
07-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Ok, everyone else has been too PC to say it so I wiil, I can not stand "IT's a Small World". Just typing this has that SONG is going through my cranium... I know it is a Disney Classic and I fully expect to get fried but it takes weeks for me to get that SONG out of my head.

LauraF
07-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Ok, everyone else has been too PC to say it so I wiil, I can not stand "IT's a Small World". Just typing this has that SONG is going through my cranium... I know it is a Disney Classic and I fully expect to get fried but it takes weeks for me to get that SONG out of my head.

The only thing worse is getting STUCK on that ride for a long period, when it either breaks down or someone needing help loads. Then it takes months to get rid of the earworm song! :whistle:

joanna71985
07-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I have a couple:
Stitch: have gone on twice (once when I didn't know what it was, and the second time for a ride challenge), and will not go on again (unless I do the challenge again)

ToT- I absolutely HATE this ride (I hate the dropping feeling). The only way I'll go on, is if I'm with people who really want to ride. But that is not that often

Donald Duck
07-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Tower of Terror: Don't like being dropped straight down over and over.

Rock 'n Roller Coaster: went on once and felt out of it for about an hour after I got off.
I liked the take off but didn't like being turned upside down many times in the dark.
Very disorientating.

cer
07-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I have a couple:
Stitch: have gone on twice (once when I didn't know what it was, and the second time for a ride challenge), and will not go on again (unless I do the challenge again)

I'm interested to hear about this ride challenge...

joanna71985
07-12-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm interested to hear about this ride challenge...

There's one for each park. Basically you go on all the attractions, and try to do it in the fastest time (I picked mine for Leap Day last year, which was the 24-hour event). It was fun!

Liselle
07-12-2013, 11:08 AM
For me it is Rock n Roller Coaster (Hurts my head)
Mission to Mars (I have mild claustrophia which is fine as long as I am moving but it broke down last time and I nearly had a panic attack so...no, no more of that one)
Dinosaur (that one beats me up)

cer
07-12-2013, 11:19 AM
For me it is Rock n Roller Coaster (Hurts my head)
Mission to Mars (I have mild claustrophia which is fine as long as I am moving but it broke down last time and I nearly had a panic attack so...no, no more of that one)
Dinosaur (that one beats me up)

Welcome to Intercot!!! Glad you're here! :mickey:

Main Street Jim
07-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Mission to Mars (I have mild claustrophia which is fine as long as I am moving but it broke down last time and I nearly had a panic attack so...no, no more of that one)I think you meant "Mission: Space", which simulates a trip to Mars :)

The attraction "Mission to Mars" has not been at Walt Disney World since 1995. It was replaced by ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, and is current Stitch's Great Escape!.

Kerry823
07-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Absolutely will not do Mission Space or Tower of Terror. Did Stitch once...will never, ever do it again. Stitch needs to be refurbed into something else.

WDWgoofy
07-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Like many others I avoid the hub and spoke rides.

I do not expect to ever do the Rapids again -- getting wet is onething, drenched to the bone:mad:

I will never ever do Stitch again.

I will never do the Country Bears again.

I will never ever do Captain Jack Sparrow again (what a waste).

Never done Sounds ... or Disney Playhouse at the Studios - don't expect I ever will.

Post 500:woohoo:

disneylovinmom
07-13-2013, 01:37 PM
I won't do Dinosaur, because dinosaurs chasing me really freaks me out, any rides that spin because it really messes with my equilibrium for hours after, Kali River Rapids, because I HATE to get soaked and have to walk around in wet clothes, and Stitch because it is just gross.

eire
07-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Stitch- just bad

Space Mountain- I got too old; actually my back did- serious back issues after my last time. Never again!

TikiLounger
07-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Stitch...and Astro Orbiter.

I'll never do Stitch because I'm just not interested, and Astro Orbiter really freaks me out. I'm not even afraid of heights, but the one time I tried this ride, I think on our very first trip, I decided that I'll never, ever do it again. Funny. I can do all the others, but this one got me.

Da Disney Outlaw
07-13-2013, 08:12 PM
ToT (Don't like the sudden drops), California Screamin' (NOT a roller coaster fan), Sun Wheel(me and heights do not mix) , Space Mountain ( don't like getting slammed around)!

texas211
07-13-2013, 09:48 PM
MK- Tree house, unless they put in an elevator.
-Stitch- the worse ride ever.

Epcot- Mission Space.. nope
AK- Potentially everything but Nemo, and Bugs Life.
DHS- RR, ToT... not going down the street.

mom2morgan
07-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Mission;Space!! I didn't THNK I had claustrophobia...until I went on that one. I'd say it was **** near a panic attack - like the poster above. It also made me so nauseous I had to spend the whole ride swallowing hard and praying I wouldn't upchuck on my family. On a similar note, Stitch also freaked me out because I was kind of scrunched down in my seat when the restraints came down, so I couldn't straighten up an had so stay in that scrunched and 'trapped' position throughout.

hauntedmansiongirl
07-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Tea Cups! Barf!!!

Captain EO- lame!

Sounds Dangerous- although it is never open anyway!

I really wish that they would change up the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. I don't think it has been updated in over 20 years!

Primeval Whirl- barf!

JerseyDad
07-14-2013, 09:05 PM
...refuse to do Mission Space ....regardless if it's the "tame" version or not.

....I worked with a woman who's dad works at WDW ....and ...I also worked with her husband. Since there's the 'family connection" they go to WDW often ...with "family discounts".

...well ...I was told that this woman's husband ...and her dad went on Mission Space together ...and when they got off they were screwed up for the whole day (although more 'salty' language was actually used).

....given that first hand review of the ride ...I don't even go near it.

SBETigg
07-14-2013, 11:44 PM
There is absolutely nothing I refuse to do. I have preferences and ones I would rather avoid, but I wouldn't rule anything out. The closest I come to a flat out no, though, is Primeval Whirl. It's a little jerky, not all that comfortable, and not a fun ride experience for me. But I would still do it if the people with me wanted to experience it.

K8screen
07-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Astro Orbiter. I love coasters, but somehow being up on that thing bothers me.
And, I am really sorry to say, but now, Space Mountain. It was always a favourite of mine, but after last trip, when I got 2 FPs for it as DBF doesnt do coasters, I couldnt believe how rough it was. I had bruises from the first ride and gave the second FP away.

Plex
07-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Any spoke rides
Teacups

Note sure it counts - but I will never waste my energy on Swiss Family Treehouse ever again.

waymickey
07-15-2013, 05:12 PM
No go rides for me are-
Mission space- got so sick it ruined an entire day.:ill:
Tea Cups- makes me very sick . The only way I go on is if I go alone and try not to spin at all.
Rockin rollercoaster- I love it but it does not love me. last time my neck hurt for about a week.:(

Primevil whirl- it is evil!

joanna71985
07-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Sounds Dangerous- although it is never open anyway!

Sounds Dangerous is officially closed

MrPeetrie
07-15-2013, 09:12 PM
I think if one of my kids wanted to ride something, I'd probably ride it as even the worst Disney rides are better than many rides elsewhere. That said, there are a bunch I'd PREFER to never ride again.

They are:
Astro Orbiter. Long lines even on slow days.
Primeval Whirl. Dizzy isn't fun.
JIYI. What happened to this ride?
Captain EO. Hee hee.
And lastly...

Note sure it counts - but I will never waste my energy on Swiss Family Treehouse ever again.

Me, too. I looked forward to visiting this Attraction after the refurb and boy were i and my entire family disappointed! Not likely to walk up the Treehouse again!!!

thejens
07-16-2013, 12:41 AM
The only ride I have never done is Rockin' Roller Coaster. Just scared of it. Sort of want to, but....
I am not a big fan of TOT or Everest due to drops, but could be cajoled onto these.
I guess I'd do any other attraction.

grumpyguy
07-16-2013, 11:01 AM
So many people missing out on SO MUCH AWESOMENESS!!!
I don't think their is one attraction I won't at least try....:mickey:

tjstrike
07-18-2013, 06:39 AM
Oh - no Richard Petty driving experience for me. I don't know for the life of me how NASCAR is considered a sport. :blush:

It's a southern thang... Y'all wouldn't understand. :blush:

As for the rides, haven't found one yet I wouldn't do again. A bad day at Disney is better than a great day at work !!

Giggy
07-20-2013, 08:30 AM
No attractions I refuse to do, I want to do everything! :mickey:

NJGIRL
07-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Tree House....one time thing

Tiki Birds......just annoying

Dumbo.........wait is just too long for such a short ride

Tea Cups.......makes me sick

Carousel........nothing special...on every boardwalk in NJ

Country Bear....too silly

I have others but will stop now.

Main Street Jim
07-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Oh - no Richard Petty driving experience for me. I don't know for the life of me how NASCAR is considered a sport. :blush:To be fair, at least in this thread, the RPDE isn't really an "attraction"; it's an "experience" that you do pay "extra" for. :P

My dad's owned a race car for nearly 40 years.

As for a sport: let's see.

43 teams. Driver, crew chief, car owner, pit crew, garage guys.

Competing against each other to be the winner.

140 degrees-plus inside the car. Four hours, sometimes more, for 500 laps or 500 miles (depending on the track). The longest race of the year is 600 miles.

Pulling three-g's in the corners constantly. Then if there's a wreck, you take a pretty hard hit at 150-plus mph.

You better be in good shape :)

Yes.

Race car drivers are athletes.

It ain't *only two teams* playing with a ball and/or stick.

How is *baseball* considered a "sport"? I'd rather watch paint dry...LOL

Snow's Mom
07-20-2013, 04:39 PM
I refused to see Indiana Jones again because I have seen it several times so I went elsewhere and they picked my son to be an on-stage extra! So sorry I missed that!

I've never been on RRC, never will. Not doing Space Mountain again, either.

Country Bears---never again, no matter how hot it is outside.

Is Stitch still there? I've heard so many bad things about it I've always skipped it. Will continue to do so.

masonlovesdisney
07-21-2013, 02:33 AM
Astro Orbiter is about it for me. Too old and too high for me to risk getting on it. Other than that I will ride ANYTHING. :mickey:

Kenny1113
07-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Me, too. I looked forward to visiting this Attraction after the refurb and boy were i and my entire family disappointed! Not likely to walk up the Treehouse again!!!

We call this one "the line ride".

I'm with others, there isn't much I refuse to ride. It was the tea cups :sick:, but my young niece sooo sweetly asked me to ride with her...so I did.

The Horned King
07-21-2013, 08:57 AM
For me, I won't even enter the Chester and Hester section of Dinoland. It is the most un-disney section of the park. Any park can buy an off the shelf coaster and stick it on a flat piece of concrete with a few cheap to build carnival games around it. (Which is what they have done). Other than extra capacity in the park I can't think of one good thing to say about it.

MrPeetrie
07-21-2013, 09:56 AM
...You better be in good shape :)

Yes.

Race car drivers are athletes.

I know it's off topic, but I've NEVER seen an out-of-shape NASCAR driver!

steamboat willy
07-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Anything that goes "round & round" i.e. TEACUPS and Primal Hurl.
But I'm good with up & down. All the mountais and RRRC.
I do EE at least once a trip, but I break into a sweat after zooming "backwards in the dark". Think I'm gonna try Dramamine this next time! :sick:

Giggy
07-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Is Stitch still there? I've heard so many bad things about it I've always skipped it. Will continue to do so.

Personally I'd strongly advise against skipping things because someone on here didn't like it. Always try it once as there is every chance you'd like it. :mickey: A lot of people do ride so presumably that means a lot of people like it. Remember it is just human nature that people tend to post more when they didn't like things than when they did... so opinion polls are often unfairly skewed.

As a family we have always enjoyed Stitch. In 2004 it was our last ride as they were doing a soft opening on our final day, the CM heard we were going to have to leave soon so they let us in. We thought this was a very nice touch.

Give it a try and make Stitch happy. :stitch2: