PDA

View Full Version : What Do You PLAN To Do On Your First Day?

steamboat willy
07-07-2013, 06:49 PM
We leave in middle of the night 3:00 to 4:00 a.m. from NC for OUR 10 hour drive to DISNEY. We arrive after noon at our Disney Resort and we should be able to check right in!
After I get ALL my unpacking done, it's time for a :beer: out by the pool. We'll probably have our first Free Dining :eat: at our Food Court and enjoy it out by the Pool too.
Then were off to the Poly and catch our First of trip MONORAIL Ride around to Kingdom Loop. Maybe a little MK Resort Hopping then back to the Poly for the Electrical Water Pageant, a Mia Tia on the beach and Fireworks. :fworks:
Then it's back to ASMu :rocker:for a good nights sleep.
Tomorrow will be our First Day In The Magic Kingdom.:coaster:

Let The Magic BEGIN! :mickey:

What's your PLAN for your first day?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-07-2013, 07:17 PM
We arrive about 10:30am (as long as we don't wait too long to get our car off the AutoTrain), check in, and if our room is ready, we drop off our bags.

If not, we leave the car packed and in both cases head off to MK for lunch at Casey's. We take in what rides/attractions we can and then have dinner about 7pm.

Then it's back to the hotel for an early start the next day. (and the unpacking we left behind).

faline
07-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Depends on what time we arrive and what sort of tickets we have. It could be anything from go right to bed to head for the parks.

brownie
07-08-2013, 11:52 AM
It all depends on when we arrive and how the park hours are rolling. It will most likely involve us getting into at least one of the parks, usually the latest open park without extra magic hours.

AvonleaCF
07-08-2013, 04:40 PM
I almost always get flights that land at MCO between 12noon-2pm.

After the ME ride, I check in to the room (which has always been available), and then unpack (I choose to lug my own luggage so I don't have to wait for ME to deliver). I then explore the resort a bit and stop by the gift shop to pick up breakfast supplies for the trip (assuming I have a fridge) and maybe a few bottles of water and Diet Coke.

Once settled at the resort, I head to a park! I usually go to a park on arrival day, and for three trips now, I've chosen Epcot with an ADR at Biergarten. I like to have Spaceship Earth as the first ride of the trip, and the entertainment at Biergarten puts me in the Disney mood. Then I stroll WS at night and end with Illuminations.

I always go for a full week and I justify the arrival day park visit cause the difference between a 6-day and 7-day hopper is usually only about $10.

snowflakegirl
07-09-2013, 12:31 PM
We try to get a fairly early flight, getting into MCO around 10:00ish. We check in, explore the resort for a bit and potentially have lunch at our resort. Then we head to MK where we stay until our room is ready. Go back to the room, unpack and take a nap. Then it's dinner at Chef Mickey's followed by an evening at MK, including staying for Wishes is we're awake enough for it.