PDA

View Full Version : Building Recommendation for Poly?

mamatedd
07-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi all! I thank you, in advance, for your help! We have never stayed at the Poly before. I would love to stay in one of the refurbished rooms. Can anyone help me with a building to request? Thank you!

faline
07-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Don't know if the rooms are refurbished or not but our favorite building was Tahiti where we had a great view of the Magic Kingdom and could watch the ferry come in and out. It was a bit further from the Great Ceremonial House but quite close to the Transportation and Ticket Center.

mamatedd
07-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the tip, Faline! :thumbsup:

BTM
07-07-2013, 08:12 PM
We stayed in Rarotonga in May and the rooms were newly refurbished. Its right beside the Great Ceremonial House and is really convenient. No views to speak of but great location for quick access.

baldburke
07-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Don't know if the rooms are refurbished or not but our favorite building was Tahiti where we had a great view of the Magic Kingdom and could watch the ferry come in and out. It was a bit further from the Great Ceremonial House but quite close to the Transportation and Ticket Center.

Agreed! Poly isn't too big that it's too far to walk to the Ceremonial House. It is better to be close to TTC, plus it's close to a quiet pool and the bus stop. Great location!

disneygoofball
07-08-2013, 09:14 AM
We also stayed at Tahiti several times - it's our favorite. As has already been stated, it's close to the TTC, and it's really not far of a walk to the GCH. Because it's farther out, it's much quieter than the buildings by the pools. We also like it because it's not looking out on a parking lot, so the garden view (i.e. - cheapest) rooms still have a nice view. :mickey:

jperrot1
07-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Hawaii and Samoa are definitely complete. I think Tokelae, Niue, and Rarotonga are also complete, but I'm not positive. All buildings were scheduled to be completed by the end of this fall, but I'm not sure if they are still on schedule. You might already know this resource, but tikimanpages.com does a great job posting what is going on at the Poly.

mamatedd
07-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Thank you, Everyone for the feedback! In the end,we requested Hawaii. Let you know how it all shakes out in our trip report. So excited- our first ever trip without kids in 7 days!!!:cloud9:

mydisneygirls
07-09-2013, 11:14 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Hawaii is concierge level. Hope you are aware of this.

tikiman
07-09-2013, 02:56 PM
All should be done except Tuvalu is closed right now, Tahiti should close in a week and Rapa Nui might not be done at all but taken down from what I hear.