PDA

View Full Version : Age restrictions on rides

magicjasb
07-06-2013, 06:25 AM
I will be traveling to Disney this summer with my five children ages 4-15. I will be doing this solo since my husband of 20 years decided last Fall that the girlfriend would be the better option in life for him! This is a very much needed vacation for my 5 kids and myself. There is not another adult to go with us. We have been to Disney many times over the past and always managed well with 2 adults and children of various ages. What I am wondering though is if there is an age restriction for kids going on rides? My oldest is a very responsible 15 (almost 16) year old. Four of my five children are big enough for most if not all of the rides. My four year old is little and won't make the height requirements. Will I be able to send my four kids on a ride while I wait at the entrance? This is not something I would have typically done, but do not have the option this summer. I know we have been to parks other than Disney that younger children must ride with an adult. Thanks!!

VWL Mom
07-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Your 15 year old would be able to take the others, no problem. If there was something you wanted to ride too you could take advantage of the child swap (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=196010&highlight=child+swap).

magicjasb
07-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Thanks! We have used the child swap many times over the years and love it!

ANG
07-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Aren't the rides based on height and not age?

Polynesian Dweller
07-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Aren't the rides based on height and not age?

Mostly, but there is also an age limit to ride alone, must be 7 or older otherwise have to be accompanied by someone 14 or older. Also, now you must be 14 or older to enter the parks alone.

AllDisney
07-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Have a great vacation:thumbsup: