PDA

View Full Version : It's a Small World

tsantillo
07-05-2013, 03:10 PM
My sister recently visited "the World" with her family and noticed that some of the animatronics were not working. They don't visit often and it was very disappointing.

It's hard to get caught up in the magic when things aren't up to normal Disney standards.

Any thoughts?

Melanie
07-05-2013, 03:50 PM
This is a common complaint for the past few years for many of the attractions containing animatronics. It's sad, to say the least. :unsure:

Christine
07-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Yeah, if anything was to have to go down on that ride, you'd hope it'd be the audio! :whistle: :bang: :thedolls:

BuddyL4
07-05-2013, 04:13 PM
My o my Christine my brain just went numb thinking about it, oh NO now I can't get the music out of my head ARGH!!! :goof:

Melanie
07-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I LIKE the song. :D And can't wait to see (and hear!) it in Disneyland next month with the Disney characters. It brings the whole ride up a notch, IMO. Hopefully all the animatronics are working.

Quadstriker
07-05-2013, 04:21 PM
yeah, if anything was to have to go down on that ride, you'd hope it'd be the audio! :whistle: :bang: :thedolls:

ba-dum-ching!

Christine
07-05-2013, 05:37 PM
ba-dum-ching!

I'm hear all week, try the veal!:D

Itchy
07-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Maybe they are union and some of them were on break...;)

LauraByTheSea
07-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Although I haven't been in just over a year, for a couple years before that the ducks in Holland haven't had any sound. I know it's a wierd thing, but I love the sound the ducks make! The ones at the end still work, or did the last time I was there, but it really is disappointing... :(

JerseyDad
07-06-2013, 12:53 PM
....I'm kinda' leaning toward giving WDW a "pass" on a few Small World glitches. I'd think ...given the enormity of the attraction, that several of the animated figures could go "down" at any one time ...and given the short 'turnaround' between day's end and the next morning ....some things just can't be fixed in time.

....they are also not the really "high tech" animatronics that you'd see in say, Carousel of Progress ...and I'm thinking that there are more "things" (moving parts) to break-down.

ransam
07-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I can't wait to ride this. It's been like 7 months....

LudwigVonDrake
07-06-2013, 03:44 PM
There's no excuse for Disney not to keep things maintained…especially since they keep raising prices.

texas211
07-07-2013, 03:58 PM
I was once stuck for 30 minutes on the ride when it broke. If the ride breaks down the should cut the music. But I noticed several of the animatronics broke, or lights not working right. Some you can hear the motors trying to work, and nothing happening.

It's like the Tiki Room. Tons of broken ones in there (broken, or missing arms).

Giggy
07-13-2013, 06:11 PM
I can't wait to ride this. It's been like 7 months....

11 years for us! Our visits in 2010 and 2004 it was down for refurbs. Maybe next time? :mickey:

wdwaggie
07-18-2013, 01:21 PM
I agree, no excuses...there was s show once called Disney After Dark or something along those lines that showed all of the maintenance activities that go on when the park closes, paint touchups, light bulb replacements, animatronic wardrobe corrections, etc, but it seems that since the mid 80s to 90s, Disney has just quit caring about what set them apart from all other parks in the first place. Prices have to go up, that's inflation, but letting your quality slip through your hands is a poor excuse to run any business.