PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the DTD 360 Balloon

Terra
07-05-2013, 12:46 PM
My son really want to go on it. We go to DTD every few months. I have to be honest, I haven't stopped long enough to look at it or find out more. I can't get past the $15 per person. :blush:
Though the boys and I have APs, we are on a tight budget.

Has anyone here done it? How long does it last? Does it circle around in place, or can you walk around it to get the whole view?

We may surprise them with it in the somewhat near future.

Capt_redshirt
07-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Characters in flight a balloon on a tether which means its goes straight up and you can get a 360 view of the area. Its roughly a 10 min ride (2 mins up and down and about 5 mins in the air) on a clear day you can see most of the world with a good camera or binoculars. but here is the tricky part they measure the air speed very carefully the more windy it is the less likely they will have alot of people in the balloon

Melanie
07-05-2013, 02:36 PM
And more often than not, it's grounded for wind.

Altair
07-05-2013, 04:21 PM
We did it during the day and it was fun. It may be better at night though .:mickey:
The height it goes to depends on the wind, it only goes to the top with little to no wind and it doesn't take much to ground it.:(

Terra
07-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the input! I'll have to remind the tips. So $60 for my family for about 10 minutes of fun.
AT least it's making the magic come alive right! :blush::mickey:]

Altair
07-05-2013, 06:01 PM
By the way, it's $18 now. :(

Terra
07-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Yikes. Over $70 for 4 people for 10 minutes. I may want to rethink it. We could do lunch together and still have the boys buy a toy each for that, AND spend more time there.

KylesMom
07-11-2013, 08:11 AM
And more often than not, it's grounded for wind.

This is a huge point if you're planning your ride in advance. When I was down for ICOT15, my room at Homewood Suites overlooked DTD and the balloon. On one occasion in five days was said balloon up in the air that I saw. I would hate to have the boys disappointed if you had made concrete plans to go up and then weren't able to ride. I know I was disappointed that I couldn't go up each day because of grounding!