PDA

View Full Version : New Morrocan Restaurant

Sunshine1010
07-05-2013, 03:25 AM
I have read that there is a new Morrocan restaurant opening. I think it's called "Spice Table Rd" ??? . Is it CS, or TS? When will it open?

AgentC
07-05-2013, 05:22 AM
Yes. it will be called Spice Table Road and it is table service. They have not announced a opening date yet beyond "by the end of 2013".

GAN
07-05-2013, 06:34 AM
This could be good news, as I had a horrible experience at Marrakesh -and we ordered pretty simple dishes. I'd say the food is actually better prepared at Tangerine Cafe(which we love) than Marrakesh. I've heard the new restaurant will be built over the lagoon somewhat similar to La Hacienda.

faline
07-05-2013, 08:22 AM
I've heard the new restaurant will be built over the lagoon somewhat similar to La Hacienda.

This is true and will open another dining opportunity for those who wish to watch Illuminations while dining.

JerseyDad
07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
This is true and will open another dining opportunity for those who wish to watch Illuminations while dining.

....as much as the "watch fireworks while dining" experience may be what some people yearn for ....the prospects of adding another building "over the lagoon" has its downside. This will also inhibit those that watch Illuminations from the walkway that surrounds the lagoon from doing so by putting another building right in the line of sight. I know that there are many "other viewing spots" around the lagoon .....but when you cancel out another viewing area by adding a building ...it just makes those other areas that much more crowded.

....just my $0.02

faline
07-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I know that there are many "other viewing spots" around the lagoon .....but when you cancel out another viewing area by adding a building ...it just makes those other areas that much more crowded.

....just my $0.02

This is very true and a legitimate concern. When the restaurant was rebuilt in Mexico, there was an existing restaurant but is was also one of the few areas around the lagoon where one could grab what was essentially a free seat to view the show. As buildings on the lagoon edge crowd out spectators, the "free" show is no longer "free" as it requires one to purchase something in order to watch it.

JerseyDad
07-06-2013, 12:09 PM
This is very true and a legitimate concern. When the restaurant was rebuilt in Mexico, there was an existing restaurant but is was also one of the few areas around the lagoon where one could grab what was essentially a free seat to view the show. As buildings on the lagoon edge crowd out spectators, the "free" show is no longer "free" as it requires one to purchase something in order to watch it.

....I really didn't think of that angle ...but you are correct. And, when "Prime Viewing" is available as part of a dinner seating (or so it would seem) ...then those restaurants will be even more difficult when trying to book ADR's. BECAUSE ...besides the 'demand' .... you also KNOW that people will take their sweet time while dining in order to view "the show" ...and that will slow the 'turnover' of available tables.

....I know that it would take some architectural creativity (if that's even possible ;) ) ....but ...a better option for dining "with a view" would have been to make the various dining venues have a second floor of dining (like France) ....and give a unblocked vantage-point view of the lagoon.

Scar
07-06-2013, 02:57 PM
To the best of my recolection, Morocco isn't a very good place to view Illuminations anyway. There are islands in the way.

Polynesian Dweller
07-06-2013, 06:20 PM
To the best of my recolection, Morocco isn't a very good place to view Illuminations anyway. There are islands in the way.

I agree, it's not one of the best at all.

TheDuckRocks
07-07-2013, 03:58 PM
It is being built right at the edge of the water in front of the Morrocan pavilion between the walk way and the water. It is also to include foods other than Morrocan and I think I read someplace a Counter Service venue.

Sunshine1010
07-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Thanks guys.

I wonder if it will be open by November...