PDA

View Full Version : Spectro is no more

Gator
07-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Just read from another site that the Spectro Magic floats were destroyed. This was due to them getting damaged in some rough Florida weather. I'm kinda bummed about this. I always liked the parade, and compared to MSEP, I loved it. The floats were very Disney as was the music. MSEP's music used to be cool to me.... when I was 10 and techno music was new and cool. But now it just seems outdated.

So long Spectro. Wish I could've seen you one last time.

Main Street Jim
07-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Yaaaaaaay! :P

DizneyFreak2002
07-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Yep, we discussed this last week here...

Altair
07-03-2013, 10:26 PM
I don't know what it was about it, but it was the only parade I really looked forward to seeing.:(

AgentC
07-04-2013, 08:55 AM
This was my favorite parade. I think it was our favorite more because it was the first once we ever took my son too. I have great memories of him seeing it for the first time and sad that my daughter never got to see it. :(

I am with Gator on the MSEP music. It really annoys me. I don't do the nighttime parade very often unless we are doing an event like MNSSHP.

magicofdisney
07-04-2013, 09:19 AM
I'll miss it for sure. I saw MSEP once. That was all I needed. I could watch Spectro forever. :(

Christine
07-04-2013, 10:00 AM
To me it was all about the music. I love the soundtrack to Spectro. I will miss it.

LudwigVonDrake
07-04-2013, 01:01 PM
I will miss the song...

PETE FROM NYC
07-05-2013, 05:50 PM
I'll miss it for sure. I saw MSEP once. That was all I needed. I could watch Spectro forever. :(

I totally agree on this point.

ransam
07-06-2013, 01:12 PM
I liked both parades. To me they were both cool.

DisneyorBust
07-06-2013, 06:36 PM
DW and I always enjoyed Spectro, it's a shame that it's gone.
The MSEP wasn't nearly as good in our opinion, I'm happy for those that enjoy it though.
We'll just take in some attractions (with shorter) lines while MSEP goes along Main Street. :D

DisneyDawgette
07-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Well, that just rained on my parade... ;)

K8screen
07-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Just read this thread and found the Spectro music on You tube, I am currently listening to it in tears as I always was when listening at the park. Last summer we saw the "other one" as we referred to it, and cannot believe how dull and repetitive it is compared to our beloved Spectro. So many other tunes are in Spectro, but each time the main theme comes in a different way, and swells up...., well here I go in tears again!

crltkcagle
07-08-2013, 07:20 PM
That is really horrible news! My family and I loved that parade! Glad I have it on video so I can still enjoy it.

2Epcot
07-09-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm disappointed that the floats were destroyed, not because I liked Spectro (I did not), but that it keeps the MSEP floats in Florida, and not back in CA where they belong.

tiggerbuddy
07-09-2013, 06:10 AM
Not gonna miss those creepy masks though...

TikiLounger
07-09-2013, 10:21 AM
I love this parade too, mostly for the soundtrack. True confession...the song is one of my ringtones. I've assigned it to my daughter. Every time she calls, I get to hear it. I guess it's fortunate that she rarely calls me. She prefers to text. I'd probably get sick of the song, if she called more often. :D

BuffaloJason
07-09-2013, 03:58 PM
I don't know which is the truth but for whatever its worth, after the rumor spread about the Spectro floats being destroyed I read on another source (that tends to be reliable) that it was a false rumor and the floats are still safely in storage. That source later even tweeted a picture of the floats in storage that they said was taken by a cast member last week. Maybe wishful thinking but I'm still holding out hope :mickey:

PS
I'm not trying to be mysterious about who the source is, just assuming its not OK to post links to other Disney fan websites here

Gator
07-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Well, that just rained on my parade... ;)

PeeYew! That was a real stinker :D

Polynesian Dweller
07-09-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't know which is the truth but for whatever its worth, after the rumor spread about the Spectro floats being destroyed I read on another source (that tends to be reliable) that it was a false rumor and the floats are still safely in storage. That source later even tweeted a picture of the floats in storage that they said was taken by a cast member last week. Maybe wishful thinking but I'm still holding out hope :mickey:

PS
I'm not trying to be mysterious about who the source is, just assuming its not OK to post links to other Disney fan websites here

Yeah, wishful thinking. Orlando Attractions Magazine on their weekly program last week announced that they were officially told by Disney that Spectro would not be returning. They used the word officially and they are very reliable.

dkmwong
07-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Such sad news. I know that I and my family will miss Spectro.:(

AmandaChan
07-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I read somewhere on here that it was officially not coming back :( :( I was so holding out hope that it would eventually come back. I know that a lot of people love the current parade but it just doesn't move me like SM did. I just kind of feel like it is just any other parade... I just hope when they come up with another one it has a more exciting soundtrack :( I still listen to SM on youtube a couple times a week.

DizneyFreak2002
07-14-2013, 01:14 AM
The final two floats, the Carousel and Chernabog, were destroyed the other day... Say goodbye to Spectro... No matter what another site said, the parade is gone...

hauntedmansiongirl
07-14-2013, 04:33 AM
That is so depressing! Maybe another, more awesome parade will take it's place! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
07-14-2013, 11:00 AM
That is so depressing! Maybe another, more awesome parade will take it's place! :mickey:

There is no parade to replace SpectroMagic... MSEP will run for the foreseeable future... Until the new Festival of Fantasy parade starts... The plan, as of right now, is to can MSEP once the new Festival of Fantasy parade begins, and run that parade in the afternoon and evening...

07-15-2013, 01:27 AM
There is no parade to replace SpectroMagic... MSEP will run for the foreseeable future... Until the new Festival of Fantasy parade starts... The plan, as of right now, is to can MSEP once the new Festival of Fantasy parade begins, and run that parade in the afternoon and evening...

Would sure like to know where that info came from as that is contrary to what we hear from parades entertainment cast at work.

AvonleaCF
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
What's the difference between Spectro and MSEP?

joanna71985
07-16-2013, 05:26 PM
What's the difference between Spectro and MSEP?

Different music, different characters, different floats. They may both be light parades, but they are totally different