PDA

View Full Version : On July 4th-where to watch MK Fireworks-if not in park?

acts
07-02-2013, 02:40 PM
We were thinking of going by the MK to see fireworks on the 4th of July? Where can you view them for free (ie not going into the park). From the transportation center? The grand floridian? other resorts? Please advise.

Also, are the fireworks on the 4th of July any better than the normal ones they put on every night? I am curious.... thanks for your input.

SBETigg
07-02-2013, 03:45 PM
At the Grand Floridian, you can watch from the marina. There are tables and some seating outside Gasparilla Grill, their counter service. At the Polynesian, you can watch from the beach if you can find space. I think the Contemporary has some viewing areas for resort guests.

Keep in mind, this is one of the busiest times of the year, so finding space might not be easy. If space is limited due to number of guests, resort guests have priority. But at either the GF or Polynesian, you might find a place. The fireworks are different on July 4th than at other times of year, but I think also during the whole week around the fourth. So maybe beat the crowds and try for the evening of the third or fifth? Though crowds will still be high all week.

Also, "free" might not be entirely possible. Expect to maybe pay some parking fees. Resorts won't allow parking over three hours, and even then I think you might have to give a reason for being there, like an Advanced Dining Reservation. Best bet is probably to pay to park at the MK lot and walk to Polynesian from the TTC or use Disney transportation from there.

MickeysBestPal
07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Best bet is probably to pay to park at the MK lot and walk to Polynesian from the TTC or use Disney transportation from there.

The MK parking lot can close due to overflow on July 4.

SBETigg
07-02-2013, 07:10 PM
The MK parking lot can close due to overflow on July 4.

True, good point.

MickeysBestPal
07-02-2013, 08:06 PM
True, good point.

An alternative is to park at Epcot and take the monorail to TTC.

SharkBait
07-02-2013, 10:23 PM
We watch them from the beach at Poly. Love the view!!