PDA

View Full Version : Matching Shirts

JellyMango
06-30-2013, 09:55 PM
This may be way too cheesy, but I just got matching shirts for all five days I'm at Disney with my mother and niece and nephew. We will sure look good in photos. Has anyone else done this? What was the response in the park?

WDWdriver
06-30-2013, 10:09 PM
You will probably see other families in the parks with matching shirts. It's fairly common. And some of them are unique - home made or custom printed with Disney characters and words like "Smith Family Disney Vacation 2013". The get a lot of looks and smiles. And the CMs are sure to comment.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-30-2013, 10:39 PM
We do a set of matching shirts for each trip (although, for our upcoming trip, we may just "re-use" our ones from last year).

There are lot of other people who do this, so enjoy!

In fact, we got our idea for our current shirts from talking with another family who was wearing similar ones a few trips ago!

thejens
06-30-2013, 11:47 PM
I got shirts with one each of all of the 7 dwarves (and snow white) for each of my family. I tried to match their personality with the dwarfs a bit. :) We didn't get much reaction in the park that I recall, but the family pic is one that I treasure. My mom is sadly no longer with us and I love love love the picture of her trying to look like "her" dwarf: sneezy. She was always such a good sport and willing to go along with silly stuff like matching t shirts.

Hope you have as much fun with it as we did!

yjgirl32
07-01-2013, 07:42 AM
We do this for our trips. We started it because two family members that go have trouble seeing and got lost. The shirts help a lot and look really nice in the pictures. We make our own mostly.

MrPeetrie
07-01-2013, 08:55 AM
I have tried repeatedly, for years, to have just one day with matching shirts. I keep getting vetoed! Who knows? Maybe on next trip.

caryrae
07-01-2013, 10:36 AM
There is a thread here http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=198966 that may help answer your questions.

indytraveler
07-01-2013, 12:55 PM
I posted in the other thread as well. I forgot to mention we did this mainly to keep an eye out for the kids in case they got separated from us bc they were moving too fast. That's why we picked colors that were bright but colors not other people would be wearing.

Also, a little unknown secret :secret:, if your group wears matching colors you get to line jump the rest of your party even if only one runs way ahead and gets in line. :D

John
07-01-2013, 02:56 PM
You should get matching INTERCOT shirts! :)

buzznwoodysmom
07-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Also, a little unknown secret :secret:, if your group wears matching colors you get to line jump the rest of your party even if only one runs way ahead and gets in line. :D

Never heard of this! I don't think wearing matching shirts gives anyone permission to "line jump". LOL.

Main Street Jim
07-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Also, a little unknown secret :secret:, if your group wears matching colors you get to line jump the rest of your party even if only one runs way ahead and gets in line. :DUhhhh...*no*.

As for matching shirts, man, every trip we made in the '70s and '80s (three or four times a year, we lived an hour and a half away), my grandma *always* made us matching shirts - me and my two brothers, and my three cousins. Mom, Dad, Grandma, and my aunt and my uncle never had to wear them...LOL

AndrewJackson
07-01-2013, 08:10 PM
A long, long, time ago, my parents got matching shirts for the whole family - 7 members.

My older sister refused to wear her's because it was too embarrassing. The ironic part was that she was the one who stood out because she was different than the rest. Good stuff. :D

Scar
07-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Here's my feeling on this:

Personally, I think it's a little "silly."

But....

1.) "Silly" is usually a good thing.

2.) Who cares what I think.

Do it.

indytraveler
07-02-2013, 10:19 AM

This comment was in jest. Apparently I didn't find the right smilie to go with my thought. Also, a lot of you haven't gone in the summer when the large groups of Brazilian kids are roaming the parks. Because they wear matching shirts and they are in groups of 20 or more. 1 or 2 will race ahead and get in line, while the rest will lag behind. A few will enter the queue at each turn, until finally the last possible moment the rest will join.

CaptSmee
07-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Not a fan of matching shirts, however we did all wear Incredible shirts one time to the Halloween party :D

thejens
07-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Now that I have a teenager, I am realizing that the best possible time to wear all matching t shirts is when you have teenagers!!! They love stuff like that!! And then you will have great family pics to post on facebook.

:)

DANAM
07-02-2013, 11:14 PM
We dont necessarily wear matching shirts but we coordinate. Either way I feel like Disney is the only place you can get away with it. :mickey:
Personally I try to keep up with my washing. So every 3 days I do 2 loads of clothes. Nothing worse than coming home from vacation with 8 plus days of laundry.

grumpyguy
07-03-2013, 07:32 AM
We do matching Mickey shirts on arrival day only..I love wearing them in the airports,great conversation starters.Love bragging that I'm going to WDW and their not !!:thumbsup:

mgmnut
07-03-2013, 08:29 AM
We have never done exact matching shirts, but we have done the same themed shirts.

We were doing some last minute shopping for a trip and target had t-shirts with soda brand logos on them pretty cheap so I bought them. I wore Mr. Pibb, My son wore Fanta Orange, my daughter Fanta Grape, and DW Sprite. We got a few funny comments. Alot of CM's were refering to me as Mr. Pibb as I boarded rides etc. Especially funny getting on POC when they were calling me Mr, Pibb in a pirate voice, the kids got a real kick out of it.

I like the idea of matching shirts, especially in a group with small kids. It keeps everyone together and easy to spot wandering little ones.

Although if 1 person does something wrong and gets out of line (not litterally) your whole group looks guilty, like you are part of an unruley tour group.. lol jk ;)

Just don't chant loudly as you move through the parks and you will be ok