PDA

View Full Version : Am I being silly?

merciantinkerbell
06-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi everyone! My older sister and her hubby came over for a visit last week and I showed her our WDW photos from our trip last Sept. The thing is I found myself getting all emotional, almost to the point of tears at the great memories. Thinking about it now, I shed a tear a two when we arrived last year at POFQ on our first visit that I waited 30+ years to take and when I first walked inside MK on our first morning. So, am I being silly and emotional or does anyone care to admit it happens to them?

AllDisney
06-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Same thing happened to us on our first trip. We were 34 when we took our 3 year old daughter to WDW for the very first time. As we arrived by boat to the MK and we saw the castle for the first time we had tears in my eyes.

Every visit since we still get teary eyed at being at our favorite vacation place. It's remembering the very first time and all the memories in between and all the memories still to come:cloud9:

Can't wait for our next trip this December:blush:

T-Belle
06-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Not silly at all! I cry on every visit. And nothing gets the tears flowing like watching the opening ceremony at the MK.

akaDisneyDreamer
06-30-2013, 10:36 AM
There are just no other memories that compare to our Disney vacations. The best times of my life were spent there. It's been way too long since our last trip. But, yes, I cry when looking at our pictures too. I get all teary when watching Disney movies (at the beginning when the castle appears!), and also when watching the planning DVD's ... it's normal! people who don't understand, just haven't fully felt the magic and are perhaps in need of a Disney vacation themselves.

Basket Mommy
06-30-2013, 10:41 AM
We go once a year and I always cry when I enter the MK. You are definitely *not* alone.

Zippy 1
06-30-2013, 02:23 PM
My DH and I get teary every time we walk into MK for the first time on our trip. I also get teary when we walk out for the last time on our trip. You are not alone at getting emotional:mickey:

Terra
06-30-2013, 09:00 PM
No way, you are not silly at all!

Myself and my 2 sons adore Disney! And I go a couple of times a month! And it's new each time to me. I'm a total 'WDW rose colored glasses sell out!' :blush:
Even after going like this for 13 years, I still get teary eyed when I watch shows like Illuminations or Fantasmic!

And I look through our photos all the time!

#1donaldfan
07-01-2013, 12:20 PM
It's a great place full of memory making !! It's natural to occasinally tear up a bit !! :mickey:

merciantinkerbell
07-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks everyone. Don't feel silly now knowing there are others like me who get the tissues out when entering the magic:grouphug:

DisMom
07-08-2013, 04:47 PM
I get tears even just thinking of our up and coming trip. Nothing compares to disney and for someone who thought they would never be able to go ....knowing im planning trip #4 for me and #3 for my son is an amazing feeling g :-)