PDA

View Full Version : Ticket changes after ticket price increase

cfoshe
06-29-2013, 07:52 PM
My dw and I are going down in Sept. and purchased the tickets before they went up. Now we are now thinking about adding an extra day and hopper passes. If we upgrade when we check in at POP will we have to pay the difference between the price we paid and the new ticket price?

MNNHFLTX
06-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Unfortunately, yes. Of course, the park hopper option is just a couple of dollars more than the previous price, but the extra day may be more significant, depending on how many days you already have on your base ticket.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Actually, if you take the tickets you have already purchased, use them AT LEAST one time for park entry, then return to Guest Services after their first use, they will upgrade the tickets using today's pricing for BOTH old and new ticket entitlements.

Another words, after the ticket if first used, Disney gives you credit for your old ticket at the new prices. At least that is how it has worked in the past, assuming none of the Next-Gen_MyMagic+_ MouseArrest "upgrades" has changed anything.

DizneyRox
06-30-2013, 04:41 PM
As stated, use the ticket, then upgrade. You will pay the going rate for the park hopping, but but the extra day will only be the difference between today's prices.

Imagine, if you don't use the ticket first, you'll probably be dinged for $91 dollars PER TICKET. If you use the ticket first it should only be $55. Had you purchased the "right" number of days in 2012, it would have been $45 more.

The above is an example of a 5 to 6 day ticket, not sure what ticket you actually bought...

Imalismom
07-04-2013, 11:16 AM
If you belong to AAA - you might try there also - as of last week, a member of my family was able to purchase tickets that they had at the OLD ticket price. Might be an office by office thing, but worth checking out.

Kairi_7378
07-04-2013, 01:28 PM
I added a day to our tickets last year (through Magical Journeys, realized that we'd made a mistake on the tickets before we left.) It cost $24 total for the 3 of us. We didn't have to add hoppers though.