PDA

View Full Version : Osborn Lights

Mitzie
06-26-2013, 10:48 AM
During the beginning of December do these run nighlty? Does anyone know what time they start? Do you just go to that area of HS and find a spot? We really want to see those(missed them our first Christmas trip when DS got sick).

buzznwoodysmom
06-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Yes, they are nightly. I think the begin around dusk, maybe between 5-6 if I recall correctly. You basically just walk up, find a spot, then once they come on most people walk up and down the road to see them all. It gets super packed, but we've always enjoyed them. Try not to miss it this time, it's definitely worth seeing.

TheHD
06-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Absolutely the best decorations Disney has IMO. Not to be missed and once you see them and experience it, you'll be back again.

Mitzie
06-27-2013, 08:50 AM
They are definately on our list of to-do's. We have a 7:15 ressie at Mama Mia's. Will that work? Is there a start/stop time for these? How long do they last? I have looked on WDW website at the park hours and schedule and nothing is there about the Osborn lights..

Ms. Mode
06-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Once they turn them on, they stay on for the evening. There's really no set time you need to work to get there. We've been 3 or 4 times and you just walk down there and walk up and down the street. They have added new sections, so make sure you go all the way down the street so you see the whole experience. They are really GREAT! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
06-27-2013, 11:19 AM
They are definately on our list of to-do's. We have a 7:15 ressie at Mama Mia's. Will that work? Is there a start/stop time for these? How long do they last? I have looked on WDW website at the park hours and schedule and nothing is there about the Osborn lights..

You should be able to see them flip the switch on, enjoy the lights, and still have time to make it to MM by 7:15. We like to see them when they first come on. There is nothing like hearing the gasp from the audience when they first come on. I would check the time when you get to the park, but I'm pretty sure it was between 5-6 when we've been.

droopy d.
06-27-2013, 08:42 PM
I missed the lights myself when I went with my ex wife and kids. So I'm taking my girlfriend this time with the plans of enjoying Christmas at Disney this time. This will be her first trip to Disney since she was 10 and I'm so excited to be able to show her around my favorite place in the world!:mickey:

Altair
06-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Be sure to look for the purple cat. It was part of the Osborn's Halloween display, that was taken by mistake. Now it's hidden in the Christmas display by the crews during set-up. You have to find it by yourself, CM's won't help you. They can hide it very well. :mickey:

Click here (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8222/8345371805_875d781760_c.jpg) to see the cat.

LauraleeH
07-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I heard a rumor on a Disney website that they aren't going to do the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights anymore. Is this true? I sure hope not, that's the only time I visit DHS.

MickeysBestPal
07-08-2013, 08:09 PM
I heard a rumor on a Disney website that they aren't going to do the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights anymore. Is this true?

Incorrect info.

The O-Lights will be merrily twinkling away during the 2013 Christmas season.

Melanie
07-08-2013, 08:19 PM
There is speculation they might go away with the DHS 'redo', but it's only rumor now. They will definitely be around for this year.

biggun35
07-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Anyone know what date the lights start? Do they start the same time period as MVMCP?

MickeysBestPal
07-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Anyone know what date the lights start?

Do they start the same time period as MVMCP?

The answer in recent years to this question has been yes.

They began the same date as first MVMCP (which in 2013 will be Nov. 8.)

It's a safe assumption the O-Lights will coincide at this point... until Disney makes a definite announcement.

DizneyFreak2002
07-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Enjoy them this year, you may not be able to next year... Unless they find a place to put them in 2014 while DHS gets its Extreme Home Makeover: Theme Park Edition - The Park Formerly Known as Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Hollywood Studios...

Streets of America is going bye bye...