PDA

View Full Version : When to make reservations?

Susan A
06-25-2013, 10:51 PM
I need some help with dining reservations. Help me figure this out. How do I make ressies when I don't know where we will be each day? I like to plan an itinerary according to predicted crowd levels on each day of the week. However, I'm anxious to make res. for sit down meals before all of the great times fill up. We are a family of 4 with two young kids.
How do the rest of you handle this? :confused:
Thank you.

Pirate Granny
06-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Unfortunately, I get the reservations and then fill in our schedule...around the fireworks at EPCOT, fantasmic package when I can get it at Mama Melrose, and BOG in MK is the first one. And I work backwards after that...wait until we have to do Fast Pass+, not looking forward to that!

dkmwong
06-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Yep. We also do the same thing. I call or make ressies online 180 days before arrival. But what I do is check on line to see what the park hours are on the days we are there.

#1donaldfan
06-26-2013, 01:59 PM
It's not an exacting science, however for us we figure out where we want to eat, then try to factor in late nights, then finally plan our days and parks around our dinner reservations !!:mickey:

Susan A
06-26-2013, 09:19 PM
It seems like making the ressies first is the way to go, especially for some princess meals (don't worry, we're not even going to try the castle!).
Maybe I have read the Unofficial Guide one too many times. I have always looked at least crowded days and then made plans.
I have to read up on the new fast pass and how it's going to effect the parks.... I don't know much about it.
:mickey:

DANAM
06-26-2013, 10:52 PM
I always book ADR's first! You would be surprised at what you cant get 180 days out. And im not just talking the Castle. I didn't get Coral Reef and almost fell out my chair. Come to find out some group bought out most of the restaurant. Of course it was the last one I booked so I had to start all over again.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-27-2013, 07:49 AM
This is one of the reasons I have a parkhopper. That way mornings are whatever and only dinner needs to be planned. Except of course breakfast at CP. :mickey: