PDA

View Full Version : Second Thoughts onDinner Reservation

AllDisney
06-25-2013, 07:43 PM
We are spending a week at WDW. Made ADR's already. On MK days we are going to Narcoossee's for dinner one night and I made reservations at Kona too! Looking at the menu at Kona I am having second thoughts.

Any suggestions that would not take us far from MK as we intend on going back after dinner? I was thinking about a restaurant that we could get there by monorail. What restaurant would you pick?

P.S. Tried BOG but no luck yet. I will keep trying but not counting on getting the reservation that I want:(:(

Thanks everyone for your input!

SBETigg
06-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Kona has a lot of fans here, but I am not one of them. I prefer the Grand Floridian Cafe. Though, you are already eating at Narcoossee's, so not sure you want two nights at the GF. The Wave at the Contemporary is another option, but I haven't tried that one.

Travis1717
06-25-2013, 10:01 PM
We are definitely Kona fans and so would encourage you to give it a try! :thumbsup:

But, you might also try The Wave or, if you're up for another signature option, California Grill (if it's reopened then) or even Artist Point, both being close by.

SurferStitch
06-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Kona actually is very good. We've always enjoyed dinner there.

Narcoossee's is our favorite!! We also love Cali Grill.

One thing to keep in mind at the signature restaurants at the resorts... there is a dress code (although sadly, it isn't adhered to very well). Resort casual is requested. You said you plan on going back to the parks afterward. You won't get turned away for flip-flops, Mickey tees and Nike shorts (if that's your thing), but you may feel out of place. DH and I always dress up for these restaurants (dresses for me, khaki pants/dress shirt for DH). Nice khaki shorts and a polo shirt for men is fine, and nice dress shorts or crops for ladies is good, too. But that should be a minimum.

Also, Narcoossee's and Cali Grill definitely are meant to be enjoyed, and not rushed through. When we book a dinner there, unless MK is open really late for EMH, we don't get out in time to change and go to the park, or even just head straight to the park. Dinner ADR's start at 5pm, so if you go early enough, you'll be able to catch a little time back at the park depending on closing times.

AllDisney
06-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the responses. We are going to the Wave for the first time. :secret:

#1donaldfan
06-27-2013, 03:46 PM
I know for certain the Wave has a great breakfast .... I'm sure the dinner would be as good !! :mickey: