PDA

View Full Version : Privacy Signs

ASweetLov
06-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Now that they have changed the way the room keys look and work, do the resort rooms still have privacy signs that you can put outside on your door so that housekeeping don't go in?

faline
06-25-2013, 06:48 PM
You know, we stayed in one of the rooms with new keys last fall and now I can't remember about the privacy sign - I'm sure there was one but don't remember how it worked.

Polynesian Dweller
06-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Same as always, hang it on the door handle.

PopPhan
06-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Same as always, hang it on the door handle.

LOL That was what I was going to say. The locks may have changed, but you still need a handle/knob to get in and out!!

BUT, what the OP was getting at was that the old Privacy tags were the type that slipped into the card slot on the lock.

I guess they will have gone back to the 'hang on knob' type of Do Not Disturb signs.

Figment104
06-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Ours were the hang on handle type and our room had the touch pad to unlock the door.

BrerGnat
06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
I've never had a privacy card that you stick in the key slot before at WDW. I've had it at other, non Disney hotels.

At Disney, we've always had the ones that hang on the doors.

Last October, I was in WL in a room that had the touch to enter key installed. Had a door hangy Do Not Disturb Sign, like always.

#1donaldfan
06-26-2013, 01:43 PM
I've been going to Disney a long time and it's always been the red, stick in the card slot type.....??!!! :cool:

big blue and hairy
06-26-2013, 07:09 PM
I've been going to Disney a long time and it's always been the red, stick in the card slot type.....??!!! :cool:

Yup, me too. They have changed to the door hangers now, though.

:sulley:

baldburke
06-26-2013, 07:18 PM
We had a magnet for our stay at CBC in 95. It made for a nice souvenir which is why they probably switched to the hangers.

#1donaldfan
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM

Well, I guess I will get to use the new doors in August !! I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Polynesian Dweller
06-27-2013, 04:20 PM

At the Poly in October it was a door hangar type and at least in CL that's always been the way.