PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Good Pineapple ice cream!

Genie1953
06-24-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me out here. Does anyone know of a really good Pineapple ice cream? Obviously I am craving a Dole Whip and since I live over 1200 miles from Disneyworld and over 1300 miles from Disneyland I'm definitely not going to either place for a Dole Whip. Sooooo I am looking for something similar. Tough order I know! I have seen recipes to make Dole Whip but it wouldn't be the same and I prefer the real thing anyway. I would love to be able to just pick something at the local grocery to get my Pineapple ice cream fix. Any thoughts anyone?

:confused: :confused: :mickey: :confused: :confused:

Basket Mommy
06-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Try the new Edy's Outshine bars - pineapple flavor. Delish.

Melanie
06-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Do you have an Orange Leaf near you? Their Dole Pineapple froyo IS a Dole Whip. :papple:

Dopey's Girl
06-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Do you have an Orange Leaf near you? Their Dole Pineapple froyo IS a Dole Whip. :papple:

You just made my day Mel. They just opened one of these really close to me, and I have been hardcore craving a dole whip!

Melanie
06-25-2013, 08:24 AM
You just made my day Mel. They just opened one of these really close to me, and I have been hardcore craving a dole whip!

Yay Meg! I love Orange Leaf.

Dopey's Girl
06-25-2013, 08:49 AM
Yay Meg! I love Orange Leaf.

I'm going to have to head there tonight....I'm so very, very excited!!!! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
We have Dole Whip at Peachwave, no Orange Leaf in my area. Lots of different frozen yogurt places carry it, but some don't. It never hurts to check whichever frozen yogurt chain is close to you. They're popping up all over the place.

buzznwoodysmom
06-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Blue Belle has a really good pineapple ice cream. It's not dole whip, but it's pineapple and really, really good. I think it's called homemade vanilla and pineapple, and has chunks of pineapple in it. Delish!

BrerGnat
06-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Try the new Edy's Outshine bars - pineapple flavor. Delish.

I agree with the fact that these are DELICIOUS.

If you really are craving a dole whip, just take one of these bars, remove the wooden stick, and throw it in your blender. Add some vanilla ice cream and blend it with a bit of pineapple juice to get it going. It will be like a milkshake version of a dole whip.

I did this once before Orange Leaf opened up here and it was REALLY good!

SBETigg
06-26-2013, 02:47 PM
I agree with the fact that these are DELICIOUS.

If you really are craving a dole whip, just take one of these bars, remove the wooden stick, and throw it in your blender. Add some vanilla ice cream and blend it with a bit of pineapple juice to get it going. It will be like a milkshake version of a dole whip.

I did this once before Orange Leaf opened up here and it was REALLY good!

Sounds fabulous! Great idea, Natalie.