PDA

View Full Version : DTD: Once Upon a Toy & The new chicken restaurant...??

Terra
06-24-2013, 05:49 PM
It's been a couple of years since I've been in this store. Can anyone remind me what kind of toys they have there?

If I remember right they did have the Big Mr. Potato Head 'bar'.
And they sold other toys [not souvenir type].

Do they sell Power Ranger items? At one time it seemed Disney had their hand in that show. My son loves them and really wants something Power Ranger oriented for his birthday Sunday. However our local stores don't carry much at all of it anymore.

I'm going Friday evening to let my oldest son pick out a gift for his brother.

Also has anyone eaten at the new chicken place there? I can not remember the name to save my life. Is it good? We've eaten at all the other spots [T Rex, Earl, etc.] This is the only place we haven' and thought of giving it a whirl. What are your thoughts on it?

Strmchsr
06-24-2013, 07:11 PM
OUAT carries all kinds of Disney-related toys. I know they did carry Power Rangers stuff for a long time, but I honestly don't remember if they had any when we were down in May. My boys don't really care about Power Rangers, so we didn't look. You should also check World of Disney.

Pollo Campero is the chicken place, and it's very good. They have a great selection and we really like the bakery that's in there, too.

AgentC
06-24-2013, 07:18 PM
We were went to Once Upon A Toy about two weeks ago. I didn't check every section but I didn't notice any Power Ranger Toys while I was there.
They do still have the Mr. Potato Head bar. They also had an area to make light sabers.

I've been to Pollo a couple of times. The food is decent. They have fried chicken, salads, wraps and sides like black beans and rice and plantains.

Terra
06-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Thank you! :) I'm sure even if it's not Power Rangers, at least something fun from Disney will make his day!

Can't wait to try Pollo!

Melanie
06-24-2013, 10:49 PM
I thought Pollo Campero was closing? For what it's worth, it's a chain. We have one about 10 miles from our house.

Terra
06-25-2013, 01:58 AM
I thought Pollo Campero was closing? For what it's worth, it's a chain. We have one about 10 miles from our house.

Really? I didn't know that! Well if all else fails, T-Rex cafe it is!

AgentC
06-25-2013, 05:07 AM

I have heard they are closing too but I'm not sure when. They were open when we were there in May.

Strmchsr
06-25-2013, 07:40 AM
I have heard they are closing too but I'm not sure when. They were open when we were there in May.

That rumor was going around back in Feb when Disney was releasing plans for the overhaul of DTD but I haven't heard any more since those rumors about it one way or the other.

Terra
06-25-2013, 11:05 AM
I'll see what I can find out Friday evening when I go. Hopefully they are still open so I can say I've eaten there at least once! :mickey: