PDA

View Full Version : Snacking around the world

ANG
06-23-2013, 11:43 AM
This upcoming trip DH and I hope to spend 2 days snacking around the World Showcase.

Can you tell me what you would eat in each country?

I know I want something with caramel in Germany. And DH wants sushi in Japan.

EeyoresBestFriend
06-23-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't know about every country, but here are a few of our favourites:

Norway - School bread - toasted coconut on a custard filled bun.
Japanese - Shaved Ice cone
China - iced peach oolong tea
Morocco - Shwarma (OMG - I'm drooling now)
France - Toss up between strawberry crepe or the crème brulee from the patisserie

I really wish I was there now after talking about this . . . :(

Scar
06-23-2013, 01:04 PM
American Adventure - Jalepeno cheese stuffed pretzel

BrerSchultzy
06-23-2013, 01:44 PM
I don't know about every country, but here are a few of our favourites:

Norway - School bread - toasted coconut on a custard filled bun.
Japanese - Shaved Ice cone
China - iced peach oolong tea
Morocco - Shwarma (OMG - I'm drooling now)
France - Toss up between strawberry crepe or the crème brulee from the patisserie

I really wish I was there now after talking about this . . . :(

I absolutely second (and third and fourth) the Shwarma platter in Morocco. My wife and I got it with one meal credit, thinking it would be a fun snack to split before heading to France...we were so full (and it was so very delicious) that we didn't even bother eating anything in France, England or Canada.

As for the others, the caramel churros in Mexico are great... In Norway, we tend to get a chocolate chip cookie with the Viking medallion on it....Germany requires a pretzel purchase. In Italy it's Gelato.

Notice I left no mention of China. That's where we get our soda. Until they change things up there, it has never really been all that special to us.

ASweetLov
06-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Churros in Mexico! yum yum in the tum :cloud9:

retiredfigment
06-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Caramel churros?????? Where have I been!! Next trip for sure.

DisneyEpcotDad
06-23-2013, 08:11 PM
The pastry shop in the France Pavilion! You will not have room for anything else!:mickey:

Pop Centurion
06-24-2013, 09:12 PM
You said "eat" so I'll exclude adult beverages ;)

Mexico - Cantaloupe Paletas from La Cantina. Great on a hot day! Also the Nachos with chicken instead of beef.
Norway - School Bread, Cloudberry Horn, Rice Cream, or Verdens Beste. Actually everything is good but those are my go-to faves.
China - Strawberry Oolong Tea Slush
Germany - Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt or the Caramel Apple Cookie.
Italy - Gelato Cookie Sandwich or Cannoli
Japan - Melon or Cherry Kaki Gori
France - Apple Turnover or the Duo Au Chocolate
UK - Fish & Chips

WDWCrazyKaren
06-25-2013, 11:46 AM
I can't miss the School Bread this year! Every year, I'm too full by the time I get there. Not this time...

DicksonGR
06-25-2013, 12:38 PM
The school bread is the one thing I can't miss ... along with my Grand Marnier slushie fix! :marg:

barbiegirl314
06-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Hmm.. what is shwarma?

Every time I go down I tell myself to try the school bread and I never do, always to full by the time I get to Norway

Sylvia
06-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Must haves on every trip:

Norway - Sweet Pretel w/Almond Slivers
ham, cheese, apple sandwich

UK - Fish and Chips

France - Anything chocolate
creme brulee

DisneyDawgette
06-30-2013, 09:00 AM
All you need is school bread! :thumbsup:

2MuchWDFun
06-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Hmm.. what is shwarma?

Every time I go down I tell myself to try the school bread and I never do, always to full by the time I get to Norway
We stop at the Tangierine Cafe at least once every time we vacation at WDW.
Schawarma can be chicken or lamb (at WDW) and is usually a sandwich wrapped in pita bread with a variety of things to add to the sandwich. The schawarma sandwich is similar to a Gyro.
The platter at Tangierine Cafe (our family's choice) comes with your choice of meat, hummus, fresh moroccan bread, tabouleh, and a couscous salad.

Scar
07-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Every time I go down I tell myself to try the school bread and I never do, always to full by the time I get to NorwaySo go around The World Showcase clockwise next time. ;)

AvonleaCF
07-02-2013, 08:39 AM
- Crepe stand in France
- Chocolate mousse in France
- Funnel cake stand at American Adventure
- Egg roll in China
- Pretzel in Germany

2MuchWDFun
07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
So go around The World Showcase clockwise next time. ;)

This made me laugh!
My husband and I always have a discussion about this when we are at EPCOT--which country do we start in? We both love La Cava so our first stop is in Mexico for our favorite margaritas (jalpeno for him and avocado for me).:marg:
Then the next time we are at the world showcase in EPCOT during that trip we begin in Canada and go the other way around!:mickey:

Christine
07-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Germany - milk chocolate covered caramel

Mexico - margarita, lime no salt

That's my balanced diet at EPCOT. :D