PDA

View Full Version : Best things about Animal Kingdom

Aurora
06-22-2013, 02:23 PM
I thought it would be fun to make threads dedicated to each Disney Florida theme park so fans can tell others what they uniquely love about them.

This one is for Animal Kingdom.

Please tell us what you think are the best things about Animal Kingdom, and this is the hard part, that you can't find in the other parks.

I'll start:

Its lushness gives the feeling of another place and you feel more connected to the earth. There are parts of the park that make an American feel like a foreigner -- like you're not even in a theme park.

What else?

faline
06-22-2013, 03:14 PM
The gorillas.
The unique, and out of the way, walking trails.
The Safari.

Mickey'sGirl
06-22-2013, 03:52 PM
I love the cloths tied on the wires in Asia. It seems so authentic to me.

DisneyDawgette
06-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Authentic street acts! They're super interactive and I adore all the music!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2013, 08:45 AM
It's theme is unique of course and where else can you go on an African safari. The food is a bit different and the shows are more like Broadway shows than any other park. I know a lot of people don't like this park but I love it. The emphasis of this park is on the wildlife and celebrating nature.

WDWgoofy
06-23-2013, 09:24 AM
FOTLK , the Tree of Life "carvings" and Flametree BBQ ribs

2MuchWDFun
06-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Our family LOVES the NEMO show, Dinosaur Ride, fantastic theming in Asia and Africa, and how close we can get to the animals (especially the tigers)!

caryrae
06-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I like all the landscaping too, it is a beautiful Park. That's why I don't understand some of the dislike of AK sometimes, it really is a nice Park to take time and walk with all the different trails that sometimes you may not even see.

EeyoresBestFriend
06-23-2013, 12:27 PM
AK at night ~ hands down, is the most breathtaking park place at night. And you don't get many opportunities to be able to experience it like that.

azcavalier
06-24-2013, 08:42 AM
The fact that it is alive....and i'm not talking animals. They had to GROW the park. It's amazing.

LauraF
06-24-2013, 09:19 AM
I like that it isn't the same as all the other parks in layout. There are little nooks where you can get out of the crowd and view animals, with a bit of shade or plantings. That's not to say it's not crowded, but since we usually stay at AKL, it's super easy for us to go over an hour or two before it closes and enjoy it when the crowds are leaving!

Also, due to the animals, the experience is never the same twice.

It's my favorite, right behind Epcot.

yjgirl32
06-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Devine.

MOJoe
06-24-2013, 10:20 AM
It's hard to explain, but AK has a completely different vibe. It feels less like a theme park than any other place in WDW. It's easy for me, while at the Dawa Bar, to imagine that i really am in Africa.

Lindsey
06-24-2013, 02:06 PM
The fact that it is alive....and i'm not talking animals. They had to GROW the park. It's amazing.

This. :thumbsup:

Also, you can get a picture next to a large beautiful Buddha statue. :heart:

DonaldDuckUSA
06-24-2013, 04:11 PM
It's hard to explain, but AK has a completely different vibe. It feels less like a theme park than any other place in WDW. It's easy for me, while at the Dawa Bar, to imagine that i really am in Africa.

We REALLY enjoy the Dawa Bar. Love the people watching, love watching the drum show, love the cocktails, really enjoy the place.

I really enjoy the safari and its the closest I've ever come to those sort of animals. I love the lion!

I also REALLY enjoy the food at AK. They have great table service (Yak and Yeti, another great bar), CS (Flame Tree) and good snacks. Of course, we plan our meals around EPCOT, but AK is second for diverse food options!

bruin1344
06-25-2013, 12:57 PM

I agree

Dulcee
06-25-2013, 01:07 PM
The conservation station. Anything that educates while simultaneously letting kids have fun...awesome.

Katzateer
06-26-2013, 09:46 AM
The details-carvings, theme, beautiful colors and a surprise at every turn. The food and shows.

roma1625
06-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Watching people as that big sheet of water comes over their heads and soaks them through and through. If it happens to me, that's fun, too.

darthmacho
06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
The live animals! My favorite are the walking trails. So underrated!

Melanie
06-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Flame Tree BBQ! Seriously, my hands down favorite counter service location in the entire resort. The food, the location and scenery while eating, everything. Love it! :thumbsup:

EJS-Houston
06-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I can only echo other posters here: the strong feeling that you're in a different country when you visit each of the different continental sections...the amazing walkways and the brilliant habitats for the animals (good for the visitor and the animal)...Dinosaur, Expedition Everest (and the Yeti Museum you go through in the queue)...Flame Tree BBQ. It truly doesn't feel like a theme park. LOVE it!

Terra
06-26-2013, 12:43 PM
I have really come to love AK after having children. And I realize just how much there is to do there!

I love so many things, but lately I am really loving the trail. So much to see, learn, and do!

I used to think AK was a 1/2 day park. Now, It really is at very least, a full day if not 2 days to do every single thing, see it all, discover, etc.

Ms. Mode
06-27-2013, 09:21 AM
AK has the feel of a market place to me; I love Everest, Dinosaur and eating at Flametree BBQ with the birds. We also have "adopted" a few of the gorilla's...baby Lily is one we keep an eye on. :)

ThanxForNoticin
06-28-2013, 01:13 PM
AK has the feel of a market place to me; I love Everest, Dinosaur and eating at Flametree BBQ with the birds. We also have "adopted" a few of the gorilla's...baby Lily is one we keep an eye on. :)

I just hope you are willing to share baby Lily with the rest of us!! We love spending time with the gorillas and the tigers. AK is a very relaxing and slower-paced park for us. It's become our favorite.

thejens
06-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Whenever I am supposed to be running for fastpasses at Mt Everest/Yeti attraction I become transfixed by the "monkeys" (can't remember proper name.) I just stand there in the morning, watching them swing and play and hear the wonderful music in the back ground and am transfixed.

I LOVE the exotic, natural, beautiful feel.

LOVE AK and AKL.

snowflakegirl
06-29-2013, 09:16 AM
I can't really do more than echo things that have already been said, but I *love* Animal Kingdom and easily spend a full day, if not more, here each trip. I love that because of the animals the experience is always slightly different. I love the attention to detail that is everywhere you look. I love the sights and sounds and the way the park smells so green and earthy in places. I love all the different plants.

FantasmicJ
07-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Being poked in the back and butt as the "bugs" leave the theater first in ITTBAB.

Arielfan98
07-02-2013, 03:56 PM
The diversity is certainly enlightening. I love the rush of going on Expedition Everest but then going to KS and being so close to animals since I never go to the zoo. I also do appreciate the fresh fruit at the stand outside KS :)

LVT
07-03-2013, 12:18 PM
When it is hot, the tigers may be in the pool. I love it, that large cats just laying in the water, chilling.

kbean
07-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Avatar hasn't been built yet. best thing!!!

ransam
07-06-2013, 01:10 PM
lion king show.
but the look on my son's face as he watched Devine, and the animals. Loved it

PlutoPlanet
07-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Our family LOVES the NEMO show, Dinosaur Ride, fantastic theming in Asia and Africa, and how close we can get to the animals (especially the tigers)!

Not to be a downer, but we remember how much we liked the Tarzan show better than the Nemo show.

PlutoPlanet
07-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Flame Tree BBQ! Seriously, my hands down favorite counter service location in the entire resort. The food, the location and scenery while eating, everything. Love it! :thumbsup:

Makes sense to me. We got a Disney recipe book that has the recipe for the Flame Tree BBQ sauce. The recipe works at home!

brownie
07-08-2013, 04:12 PM
I like the immersion in the different areas. You can't see the other areas like you can in Epcot.

Despite the Yeti being down, I like Expedition: Everest. I enjoy all the shows, too.

TikiLounger
07-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Everything about Asia. I think someone already mentioned the prayer flags tied to the trees. I love them, too. This section of the park sends my thoughts to places exotic. I could spend a very long time on the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

steamboat willy
07-10-2013, 11:03 AM
FOTLK , the Tree of Life "carvings" and Flametree BBQ ribs

I was thinking ALL the above posted by WDWgoofy:thumbsup:
I'll also ADD Yak & Yati Express and Mango Pie!:tasty:

snowflakegirl
07-10-2013, 11:05 AM
I'll also ADD Yak & Yati Express and Mango Pie!:tasty:

I have to second the Mango Pie! I love it!

texas211
07-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Nemo Show. Hands down the best show. So good, I can't watch the movie anymore as it just isn't that good compared to the musical.

masonlovesdisney
07-22-2013, 10:15 PM
How different it is than every other park. The atmosphere of AK is downright outstanding. While you also get that feel at MK, DHS, and Epcot, there is just something about AK. I love the different food choices and everything. Especially Yak and Yeti. Very Delicious.

joonyer
07-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Lions, Tigers, Birds, oh my!
Actually, all the animals.
And I love Flights of Wonder. It's a great little under-appreciated and funny show.

cer
07-25-2013, 01:44 PM
I love all the plants and vegetation. Everything is so green! I also like the natural feel of the pathways - the natural feel of whole park, really.