PDA

View Full Version : Best things about Epcot

Aurora
06-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I thought it would be fun to make threads dedicated to each Disney Florida theme park so fans can tell others what they uniquely love about them.

This one is for Epcot.

Please tell us what you think are the best things about Epcot, and this is the hard part, that you can't find in the other parks.

I'll start:

I love the sprawl of the place -- the sheer size. Its openness and actual park-like atmosphere keep me coming back.

What else?

faline
06-22-2013, 03:18 PM
The feel of traveling from country to country with a certain feeling of authenticity.
The Flower & Garden show
The Candlelight Processional

Mickey'sGirl
06-22-2013, 03:47 PM
I love strolling into Epcot via the International Gateway and feeling like I am thousands of miles away! I really really love the World Showcase.

sorcerer fan
06-22-2013, 06:56 PM
at Christmas time, going from country to country to listen to their Santas.

epceddie
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
After saying hi to Ellen, we love stopping by Club Cool on the way to Figment and the Land, where we always look forward to Soarin' and the Living with the Land boat ride.
Then, we hit Nemo and Spaceship Earth on the way out and return later for Illuminations.
We like the fact that crowds seem to spread out better than the MK, DHS, and AK. Epcot never feels too crowded and we're usually able to ride everything we want with minimal waits.
We always have to get a fastpass for Soarin and wait until later in the day, but we love to hang out at Sunshine Seasons and linger over lunch. Then, if we don't feel like waiting for Soarin', we give out fastpasses to another couple walking in while we're walking out.

ANG
06-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Sitting tucked in behind the UK gardens and listening to the cover band

DisneyDawgette
06-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Off-Kilter
And the nerd in me LOVES the educational aspect of EPCOT. :)

stephicakes
06-23-2013, 06:12 AM
THE MUSIC! I love hearing the music playing just before park opening whether I'm at the entrance of the park, or at International Gateway - so much to look forward to for the day! :cloud9:

And evenings in WS. I always find something there that I haven't noticed before. I feel completely submersed in the atmosphere there and so relaxed. Love it! :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2013, 08:49 AM
World Showcase:thumbsup: World Showcase is my single most favorite part of any park....it has the culture, it has the food, it has the shopping I just love the atmosphere

WDWgoofy
06-23-2013, 09:22 AM
I love strolling into Epcot via the International Gateway and feeling like I am thousands of miles away! I really really love the World Showcase.

My feelings exactly:mickey:

WDWgoofy
06-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Spaceship Earth - the world's most unique attraction that will never be duplicated

Altair
06-23-2013, 10:24 AM
The evening stroll though World Showcase. :mickey:

2MuchWDFun
06-23-2013, 11:16 AM
As I was reading through all the posts I kept saying, "Yes, I love that, too!" Love dining, Spaceship Earth, the great music, and walking through the rose garden.

I love all of the above, plus...the sparkling lights in the sidewalk when leaving EPCOT at night; margaritas at La Cava in the Mexico pavilion; the fresh, gooey, caramel candies in Germany; finding a quiet area at The Seas and watching the fish and turtles swimming around in the aquarium.

caryrae
06-23-2013, 11:36 AM
I love walking around World Showcase and going through the shops and trying the food. The Food and Wine Festival is a really neat way to try food from around the world.

EeyoresBestFriend
06-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Everything about the Showcase.

The food (OMG), the street entertainers, and just the ability to get a little immersion in another country's culture. So many great things to see if you take the time to snoop at all the details! :cloud9:

Melanie
06-23-2013, 02:45 PM
International :beer: !

DisneyorBust
06-23-2013, 03:33 PM
In no particular order:
-Spaceship Earth
-World Showcase! I love everything about it. Like others have said, it takes you away and places you in another country.
-Food & Wine festival, DW and I truly enjoy this experience and best of all we are returning this fall!
-Illuminations!
-Jammitors
-UK Players
-Germany Pavillion = :beer: :D

azcavalier
06-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I love how it is a multi-day theme park that is not just rides/shows. The World Showcase is unique.

Love the food.

Spaceship Earth.

Quasi-educational rides.

Favorite background music of all the parks.

LauraF
06-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Off-Kilter
And the nerd in me LOVES the educational aspect of EPCOT. :)

Absolutely!
This is my favorite thing about the park. Some of the rides, like TestTrack (and Misson Space a little) do a great job of layering the educational into the entertainment experience. Don't dumb things down - people notice.

Also, I adore the World Showcase. Between myself and my husband, we speak enough languages to chat up the cast members in most of the pavilions. (Alas, none of us have learned Norweigan yet!) That is one of the things that always makes my day - saying hello, thank you, or asking someone where they are from in their own language.

yjgirl32
06-24-2013, 09:27 AM
The seagulls saying "Mine, Mine, Mine". I know it probably annoys most people but it gave my then ds3 the biggest belly laugh and still does.

MOJoe
06-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Walking through The International Gateway!

bruin1344
06-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Food
World Showcase at night
Spaceship Earth

Katzateer
06-26-2013, 09:54 AM
World showcase and the food. Entertainment. Shopping in Japan.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-26-2013, 09:57 AM
All the shows and things I haven't done there yet. So much to look forward to. :mickey:

roma1625
06-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Watching people try Beverly for the first time

darthmacho
06-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Soarin' and the Mexico Pavilion are the best things about Epcot!

EJS-Houston
06-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Soarin'...Mission Space...Spaceship Earth...and The World Showcase (especially at night).

AllDisney
06-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Holding hands with my husband while walking around World Showcase and feeling like I really am in a different, peaceful world:cloud9:

jillluvsdisney
06-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Best things bout EPCOT

Soarin
Fountain of Nations
Margarita's in Mexico
All the pavilions that have movies,especially Impression de France
Germany's candy store
Teppan Edo
The entire French pavilion with a shout out to the reopened bakery
Grey Goose Slushies
Strongbow Cider in England
Off Kilter
Holidays around the World
The Food and Wine Festival
The Flower and Garden Show

Ms. Mode
06-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Spaceship Earth and the little courtyard behind the England pavilion; it's a wonderful place to sit, rest and people watch.

FantasmicJ
07-02-2013, 12:28 PM
The smell of Rome burning in Spaceship Earth.

Also, Soarin', my all time favorite ride at WDW, the music gives me goosebumps from head to toe.

masonlovesdisney
07-23-2013, 02:29 AM
The relaxing atmosphere! The symphony music playing in the front and near the fountain...The leisurely walk around the Countries and Gardens.

The rides are also rather joyful and relaxing...such as my favorite ride in all of Disney, Spaceship Earth (AND im a 19 year old male!).

EPCOT is and always will be my favorite Disney park. I always feel like im so relaxed and not rushed to be anywhere. Whereas in some of the parks you feel like you cant even relax and be on vacation because of trying to get in lines before the line is too long etc.

masonlovesdisney
07-23-2013, 02:31 AM
Watching people try Beverly for the first time

This is truly pure evil! :thedolls: hahaha.
My favorite is the peach flavored soda...not sure the name. :mickey:

Cheshire_Girl
07-23-2013, 08:51 AM
I read through thispost and I just kept shaking my head thinkiong yes Yes YES!! I love all of it
Epcot is my favorite park- I will say-I hate it when the flower bed at the main entrance is just a flower bed! They should always have something fabulous there :)

Side Note-Well, not exactly everything-The Monoliths have a certain creep factor for me!

Bay Lake
07-23-2013, 09:17 AM
World Showcase at night and for some reason the music of Impressions De France

TiggerFan13
07-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Epcot is my favorite park. I love evrything about it but I especially love Spaceship Earth and the Mexico Pavilion.

ransam
07-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Soarin' is my favorite ride. I was so bummed I didn't ride it last time.

scooterca42
07-25-2013, 05:12 PM
EMH in Epcot ROCKS:magic: Mind you, it's a bit spooky trucking through the darkened pathways, but it just adds to the pleasure!:eek:

We love Spaceship Earth, and Mexico. Grey Goose slushies. The waterfall in Canada.

It's our favourite park!

joonyer
07-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Watching the big fountain between the Innoventions buildings, especially the un-suspecting passers-by on windy days! :D

RAIDER
07-28-2013, 10:49 AM
at Christmas time, going from country to country to listen to their Santas.

I couldnt agree more:thumbsup:
Also the christmas decorations throughout the whole park are excellent

DonLefNY
07-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Rose & Crown Pub. :beer:

texas211
07-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Beer.

Rides where I can take a nap (France, Mexico, UofE).

sportsguy2315
07-29-2013, 07:13 PM
I worked as a CM in Epcot, so I had a constant list going of things I love about Epcot. Among them:

Food and Wine. I learned to love Food and Wine when I was on the College Program. So much good food and drinks, so little time (6 weeks).
How the indiviual countries (Except Canada for some reason) had some level of input on their country's pavilion from companies sponsoring to the king of Morroco basically commissioning the pavilion and sending workmen over to supervise.
How, three decades later, Epcot is still changing like Walt wished. Is it always good? No, but it's change and it constantly has you coming back to the park.
The Land pavilion as a whole. Yes, we all know and love Soarin', but if you haven't done the combination of Living with the Land and Behind the Seeds, I highly recommend you do so. I even met a guest from Alaska who uses hydroponics in her indoor garden.

JerseyDad
07-30-2013, 09:30 AM
...it's nice to be able to immerse yourself in the culture / food / drink, etc., of so many different countries in so short of a time span.

...that aspect gets a bit more amplified during the Food & Wine Festival ....and it's wonderful.

Giggy
07-30-2013, 01:42 PM
When I was younger it was all about Future World for me, I have always been into the sciences. Now I still love Future World just as much as before but have also learned to appreciate World Showcase as well. :mickey:

GoBlueLacheta
07-31-2013, 12:28 PM
For all the hustle and bustle of the other parks of trying to "accomplish" everything possible..Epcot has the feel of being able to enjoy your surroundings. While there can definitely be bottlenecks and crowds, you do seem to have more walking space.

You can explore a lot of Future World at your own pace and take your time whether it's at the Seas, Innoventions, Spaceship Earth etc. After doing the super-headliners, you really can take your time throughout the park.

Not to mention all of the nuances of the World Showcase. The model train, the street performers, food, shopping, views, people watching etc.

mac badger
07-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Food and Wine Festival!!!!! I look forward to this all year
Green Tea Plum Wine Slushy in China
All the quiet places to sit, some are really tucked away, more so than at the other parks
Soarin'

WDWFRK
08-01-2013, 03:56 PM
One of my absolute favorite things in all of Disney World is walking around World Showcase at night when all of the torches are lit around the lagoon and listening to the pre-Illuminations music. This is on my top ten list of things that make me happy--in life :cloud9:.

I also love when the opening narrator of Illuminations "blows" out the torches. It is little details like that--something that takes place in a matter of seconds--that I appreciate and still make me believe in the magic of Disney.

Lindsey
08-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Flower & Garden Festival, and the Food & Wine Festival, (especially since they added a vegan booth! :eat:).

TikiLounger
08-01-2013, 05:40 PM
The Food and Wine Festival! We'll be there in October!

Also...Spaceship Earth (I actually get "homesick" for this ride), Soarin', Mission Space (Orange Team! Yeah!), and The Mexico Pavilion. :marg:

EpcotFan182
08-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Illuminations! :mickey:

Opus X
08-05-2013, 12:53 PM
I love SSE and The Land ride. VERY Disney if you know what I mean.
To me, Epcot is very special. It is great park.
We spend a lot of time in W.S. also.

Opus X
08-05-2013, 12:54 PM
One of my absolute favorite things in all of Disney World is walking around World Showcase at night when all of the torches are lit around the lagoon and listening to the pre-Illuminations music. This is on my top ten list of things that make me happy--in life :cloud9:.

I also love when the opening narrator of Illuminations "blows" out the torches. It is little details like that--something that takes place in a matter of seconds--that I appreciate and still make me believe in the magic of Disney.
That's a good point..

Gauis2001
08-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Programming your own roller coaster ride and then riding in the simulator in the Communicore!

kurt
08-09-2013, 11:18 AM
world showcase its my favorite part. a beer in Germany:beer:, a frozen margarita in Mexico:marg:. illuminations is always a must do. living with the land boat ride. club cool. off kilter:thumbsup: the museums in norway & morocco