PDA

View Full Version : Best things about the Magic Kingdom

Aurora
06-22-2013, 02:14 PM
I thought it would be fun to make threads dedicated to each Disney Florida theme park so fans can tell others what they uniquely love about them.

This one is for the Magic Kingdom.

Please tell us what you think are the best things about the Magic Kingdom, and this is the hard part, that you can't find in the other parks.

I'll start:

The MK is where you find the "old" Disney -- classic animated and live-action stories come to life: pirates, ghosts, fairies, an old-time fort, castles, princesses, aliens and prospectors. It's nostalgia and childlike fantasy.

What else?

faline
06-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Although Disneyland is the original, I can still get the sense of the place that I grew up watching on TV and always wanted to visit.
The classic rides.
The sense of fantasy and magic in a rather intimate setting.

Mickey'sGirl
06-22-2013, 03:45 PM
I love taking the train around the loop. I remember doing it when I was a child.

epceddie
06-22-2013, 08:34 PM
We like to make a 8 a.m. breakfast reservation at the Crystal Palace for an experience that's unique to the MK - walking up Main Street when it's pretty much deserted. I have some great photos of Main Street without a soul around and that makes us feel like we're the only ones in the park.
After breakfast, we head to the hub and watch as the crowds roll up Main Street when the park opens. It's like watching a tsunami of humanity.

ANG
06-22-2013, 08:55 PM
The Haunted Mansion.

I am such a wimp around Halloween and with scary movies. But I am in love with the HM! I am smiling like an idiots thru most of it. I love how slow it is so you can appreciate all the little details. And no matter how many times you ride you notice different things. No other ride at Disney makes me feel so great :mickey:

2MuchWDFun
06-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Carousel of Progress and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I remember when I was a kid (I'm now 53) and being in complete awe of the animatronics! Grew up near Disneyland so was able to see Mr. Lincoln & COP--when at WDW I enjoy the Hall of Presidents.
The animatronics are still magical to me and a must see every trip!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Magic Kingdom will forever be my favorite park...there is no other feeling like walking in and seeing the castle, this is classic Disney, Haunted Mansion my favorite ride ever, Pirates of the Carribean, Jungle Cruise, it just doesn't get any better, all my cares are gone when I'm here and I feel like a kid again

Mrs Bus Driver
06-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Areosmith "you know how we feel about our fans":mickey:

WDWgoofy
06-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Wishes, Dole Whips and the Magic

Altair
06-23-2013, 10:27 AM
The Laughing Place. :mickey:

hoop de do
06-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Walking down Main Street:)

EeyoresBestFriend
06-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Our favourite is the Adventureland bridge crossover. It's where you first here the adventure music and it is a tradition that we dance to the music while crossing the bridge.

Since the first park & ride of (almost) every trip starts with MK and Pirates, this bridge is like start to our vacation! :cloud9:

Gregandmel
06-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Absolutely EVERYTHING. But mostly....just entering the park and walking down Main Street - you know that you have 'arrived' at the happiest place on earth!! :mickey:

Maggie T
06-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Love to see the excitement in my family eyes and all the kids around us enjoying all the magic. I feel like I'm at a home that I never had when growing up.

azcavalier
06-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Details.

The way the architecture on Main Street (and Liberty Square to Frontierland) changes as you walk down.

How they covered every flickering lightbulb in the Haunted Mansion with a gas mantle.

How the lightposts on Main Street change from gas to electric.

How the background music blends in, but it changes from land to land.

That kind of stuff.

yjgirl32
06-24-2013, 09:31 AM
The castle. It amazes me everytime.

MOJoe
06-24-2013, 10:29 AM
The fact that there are so very many attractions. There is just so much to do at MK, it's hard to get it all in. Guess that's what keeps me coming back!

Bay Lake
06-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Walking through the tunnel out to Main Street and seeing the castle for the first time still bring goose bumps even tho I have seen it before, that first time each trip is special.
The way each turn on the path brings a new back round music selection.

waymickey
06-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Magic Kingdom will forever be my favorite park...there is no other feeling like walking in and seeing the castle, this is classic Disney, Haunted Mansion my favorite ride ever, Pirates of the Carribean, Jungle Cruise, it just doesn't get any better, all my cares are gone when I'm here and I feel like a kid again

Ditto :cloud9:

joonyer
06-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Fireworks over the castle!. Brings back the memories of watching Wonderful World of Disney on TV and dreaming of going to Disneyland one day. It's truly a magical experience for me.

bruin1344
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Details.

The way the architecture on Main Street (and Liberty Square to Frontierland) changes as you walk down.

How they covered every flickering lightbulb in the Haunted Mansion with a gas mantle.

How the lightposts on Main Street change from gas to electric.

How the background music blends in, but it changes from land to land.

That kind of stuff.

same here plus Splash Mountain and Pirates

Katzateer
06-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Walking down main street reminds me of memories of Disneyland when I was a kid and feeling like Walt might walk out at any minute. And the memories of past trips with our girls and other family members. It feels magical, especially early morning or late at night. Dole whips.

roma1625
06-26-2013, 10:03 AM
zippity doo dah

darthmacho
06-26-2013, 10:06 AM
There's just too many great things to choose, but I think Magic Kingdom is all about the theming. Each land is so wonderfully themed, and the variety of rides and attractions make MK so magical.

Ms. Mode
06-27-2013, 09:27 AM
My family teases me because I love the People Mover aka TTA, but I DO! There are so many great things about MK, but this ride is where I go to relax and just enjoy! :blush:

Scrappy2
06-30-2013, 09:06 AM
The smell!! Love walking through the tunnel. Seeing the castle for the first time that trip. Walking down Main Street You smell the popcorn, the bakery, the ice cream parlor, the candy shop! Love Disney!

FantasmicJ
07-02-2013, 12:30 PM
The street musicians. One favorite memory of our most recent trip was rushing out of the candy store as we heard the saxophone quartet playing the theme to Monsters Inc.... They were incredible...