PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room

DisneyDawgette
06-21-2013, 06:55 PM
I have been helping my family plan a surprise trip for my baby sister's fourteenth birthday (yuck, what an age ;)) at the end of July and they are considering a Royal Room.

Does anyone who has stayed in a Royal Room have any input? Pros and Cons to consider would be great. I think my little sister will enjoy all of the little touches like the fireworks in the headboard, but my family is typically pretty die-hard French Quarter! My little sister has also mentioned the Pirate Rooms at CBR... Any thoughts comparatively?

debbymc4
06-21-2013, 07:08 PM
I have stayed in both a Royal room and a Pirate room and much prefer the Royal room. In addition to the room being fun, the resort is really beautiful. The rooms are very close to the main building with a quick walk over a bridge. In contrast, the Pirate rooms are extremely far from the main building and a good drive once you enter the resort.

catasaid
06-22-2013, 04:03 AM
We stayed in the Royal Rooms last fall and really enjoy it...loved all the special features in the room. It would be the perfect choice for your 14 year old sister...every girl enjoys being treated like a princess. The resort is beautiful and since it is just a short walk to the French Quarter, everyone gets what they want - Royal Rooms & the French Quarter!

AgentC
06-22-2013, 08:46 AM
I've stayed in both rooms and prefer the Royal Rooms.

The Royal Rooms have queen size beds which is a huge plus for us. The theming is fantastic especially the fireworks headboard. The rooms are quite close to the main areas and you're still close to the French Quarter. I also think that POR has the best food court of all the moderates. It also have a really cute store and Yehaa Bob at the Lounge.

The pirate rooms at CBR are terribly cute. The boat beds are adorable but they are full size. They are in the buildings furthest away from everything so you do need to be prepared to walk or take the internal bus to the food court and the pool. The pool is great. The only one I know of with two slides at the main pool.

I think your party will really enjoy the Royal rooms especially since they are POFQ fans.