PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary dinner

Tink33333
06-21-2013, 11:29 AM
My DH and I will be celebrating our 18th anniversary at WDW in August...I need some suggestions on where to eat. We will probably be alone that evening (not very common) and I'd like to have a good meal-along with some adult Disney time.

PlutoPlanet
06-21-2013, 12:17 PM
I think Disney is the best place for a fancy adult and kid dinner. In the Grand Floridian I recommend both Citrico's and Narcossees. One is Mediterranean and the other is Fish. Take a look at the menu for Jiko's in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. They have steak and some other themed menu items. We went there with a 5 year old and she had a grilled cheese sandwich with goldfish. We tried Yachtsman, but found it over priced for a fancy steak house. Also, even though we haven't been there, there are a couple of good restaurants in the Swan Dolphin complex. Other posters have said Shula's is the best steak house.

PlutoPlanet
06-21-2013, 12:18 PM
P. S., let the restaurant know it is your anniversary. We got special menus (and maybe a glass of Champagne at Narcossees.)

Fangorn
06-21-2013, 12:33 PM
There are lots of options and it will really come down to personal preferences for food and atmosphere. That said, here are a couple of my suggestions.

If you're truly looking for a nice meal in a adult setting but still with some Disney magic, I'd suggesst Narcoossee's. The food and service are excellent, and if you can get a table by the windows (I suggest making an ADR for just as they open and then get there before they open and let the host know it's your anniversary) you'll get to eat that meal while you look out over the lagoon, watch the boats and the monorail zip around and generally enjoy being "at Disney" along with your meal.

For a more exotic meal, try Jiko at the the Animal Kingdom lodge. Excellent wines, and excellent food - although not your typical American fare. The atmosphere is great.

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge is another highly rated anniversary location. Again, excellent food and service. Artist Point has a Pacific Northwest theme, and although I've enjoyed it everytime we've been there, it's not a big draw for us since we live in the PNW and there are any number of similar (and better) places within a 10 mile radius of home.

Hope this helps some.

Steve

mickeys_princess_mom
06-21-2013, 01:01 PM
I second (third?) the motion for Narcoossee's! Atmosphere is special, food and service great, and you could ask to be seated at the window to watch the fireworks in the MK. They pipe the music in, and it's a lovely treat!
Happy Anniversary! :wave: :wave:

Maleficent's Dad
06-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Good meal and adult time? Best place for that would be Victoria & Albert's. Great place for an anniversary dinner. It's quiet, romantic, and intimate. The food and service are second to none. :wine:

Dopey's Girl
06-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Artist Point is hands down the best meal I have ever had on Disney property. You could have dinner, and then sneak over to MK to watch wishes.

Keneva
06-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Me and my wife left the kids at Neverland club at the Poly and went for a rare adult dinner at the California Grill in the Contemporary. It would have made a great anniversary dinner if it was that time. We also ate (sans kids again) at Narcossee's and got a table by the window. Cali Grill was first class, Narc wasn't far behind and was less expensive but the Cali Grill was worth it!

ThanxForNoticin
06-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Me and my wife left the kids at Neverland club at the Poly and went for a rare adult dinner at the California Grill in the Contemporary. It would have made a great anniversary dinner if it was that time. We also ate (sans kids again) at Narcossee's and got a table by the window. Cali Grill was first class, Narc wasn't far behind and was less expensive but the Cali Grill was worth it!

Narcossee's and Calif Grill are 2 of our favorite romantic dinner spots, too - but be aware. I'm pretty sure Calif Grill is still closed for refurbishing, and is likely not going to be open when you are there in August. Have a wonderful evening.