PDA

View Full Version : Eat To The Beat?

steamboat willy
06-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Never been to the Eat To The Beat events, but are looking to attend this October. What is included, what food choices and how do assure to see the band, performer you want? Since they have 3 shows an evening, can you attend more than one show a day? Thanks for your advise.

mdricks
06-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Been to a few. Some good some not so good. My wife calls them the "VH1 where are they now" shows.

They play short sets and sometimes repeat depending on the group. No special food offerings related to the shows and no ticket is required other than park admittance.

There is a calendar of appearances and you would need to look at that to see who will be playing the day you are at Epcot. It's fun to see some of the bands that were chart toppers when I was a kid. Howard jones in particular was a blast down memory lane.

The seats are usually filled and I have seen standing room only before. It is a great addition to F&W and I highly recommend seeing the show if its someone you like. You can expect the crowd to mirror the band i.e. smash mouth and sugar ray will be a younger crowd than the pointer sisters or survivor.

Go 10-15 minutes early grab a few sam Adams get a seat and enjoy the show...

"Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed...."

:number1:

NJGIRL
06-22-2013, 09:49 AM
I have seen many shows through the years and have never seen a bad one. We make sure we are in EPCOT on a day when a band we want to see is playing. We have seen 80's rock bands and they have been great. Night Ranger, Survivor, and 38 Special (more times than I can count). We show up 5 mins before the show and usually can find a seat, if not we stand. It's a great part of the Food & Wine.

Melanie
06-22-2013, 09:53 AM
The past few years we've seen Boyz II Men and Billy Ocean. Great time, and finding seating wasn't difficult. There are some acts where folks line up hours beforehand to get a good seat. To me, the entire amphitheater offers good views. You can go to as many shows as you want, included in your park ticket.

I'd love to see Wilson Phillips and the Go-Go's this year, but it's not meant to be.

VWL Mom
06-22-2013, 10:19 AM
There is a calendar of appearances and you would need to look at that to see who will be playing the day you are at Epcot. It's fun to see some of the bands that were chart toppers when I was a kid. Howard jones in particular was a blast down memory lane.

The appearance dates can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=199872)

steamboat willy
06-22-2013, 10:48 PM
So you don't really EAT there, it's just going on during F&W.

Scar
06-23-2013, 10:32 AM
So you don't really EAT there, it's just going on during F&W.Well...sort of. They don't serve dinner or anything, but you can certainly buy something from one of the kiosks and bring it in.