PDA

View Full Version : First-timer to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas

Laughin' place
06-20-2013, 01:45 PM
I am a long-time WDW vet, but this will be my first time attending MVMCP. My girlfriend (who I will propose to on our first night there, so should be fiancee by then ...) and I are going on 11/14. We are having an early dinner at Tokyo Dining (she loves sushi) at about 430pm and then headed to MK.
I welcome any tips, tricks, or advice. How does the plan sound so far ? When to arrive, what to do, what to emphasize/prioritize ? Please help make this the most magical of trips for a very special girl. :cloud9:

Strmchsr
06-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Usually the later parade is less crowded, but it's still better to get a place early if it seems to start filling up. The rides really aren't that big of a deal. You can ride those any time, so make sure you get your money's worth by seeing the special shows, meeting exclusive characters, seeing the fireworks, and definitely the parade. And don't forget to enjoy a stroll down Main St with your cookie and hot chocolate with the soap bubble snow falling around you.

Dopey's Girl
06-20-2013, 02:56 PM
I agree with Chris. Be sure to see the party specific shows and everything before worrying about getting on rides. While the lure of shorter lines is fun, there is so much to do that won't be around the next morning, while the rides will be.

Be sure to find a good place on Main Street to watch the fireworks. Closer to the hub the better. That is always my favorite parts of the parties....the fireworks are amazing!

Since you will have so much to be celebrating, I would get as many photopass pictures as possible. You will both want to be in the pictures to have great momentos of your extra special trip!

lawgirl
06-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Definitely the later parade / show. 2 years ago, my hubby and I went alone, and it was amazing. There was such a small crowd, at one point we were actually stolling down Main Street, basically alone. It was incredible! Enjoy it!

lawgirl
06-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Oh and this past time, we watched the fireworks from the 2d story of the train station, and it was awesome! They had delayed 45 minutes b/c of weather, so we hung out in the train station, then moved out when they announced they were starting. It was a great view!

MickeysBestPal
06-21-2013, 05:53 AM
We are having an early dinner at Tokyo Dining (she loves sushi) at about 430pm and then headed to MK.

The best time to arrive at MK for a party is about 4:30-5:30.

The worst (busiest, most difficult to maneuver) time to arrive at MK for a party is about 6:00-7:00.