PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Cast members

ransam
06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
It seems we have had a few posts about rude cast members and i thought it be cool to start one w/ cast members that have gone beyond what we expect.

I'll start.

last year my son and gf pull into All Star Sports. We drove down from Kansas City. It was a long drive and to be honest, none of us were in a very good mood. My gf stayed in the car as i went to check in. Our son is the most awesome little boy in the world, but he can be very hyper and is known to throw a temper tantrum. well t his was one of those times. He wanted to stretch his 3 year old legs, and it just wasn't time. by the time i got back to the car my gf had had enough and as i was getting our luggage out tempers were getting a little hot.....almost immediately a cast member came out w/ a luggage rack and helped me take everything to the room. Five minutes later he knocked on the door and gave my son a mickey plush from the gift store and a couple bottles of water for me and my gf. that gesture put us right back in the disney spirit and started the vacation right.
as he was leaving another guy walked by and asked him if he was done w/ his break cause he was ready for his, and the guy said, "yep, go ahead" (the guy that helped us was on break!, wow).

Dopey's Girl
06-20-2013, 10:56 AM
I had a great CM in January on the Jungle Cruise. He was really into it, and you could tell he was having fun with his job. (You can tell when they aren't...) He was just so fun, that I rode again, and waited to have him. I wrote Disney an email, and they responded that others had commented on this CM as well.

azcavalier
06-20-2013, 11:21 AM
We had a great server at Mama Melrose in April. We just got to know him a little bit and built a nice repoire with him because we are from Virginia, and found out that he had lived in D.C. for a time at the same place we had attended a conference. We were talking about the neighborhood and local restaurants, etc, etc. He was just very nice and at one point took a couple minutes to actually sit down and talk to us. I believe he gave us free dessert, too!

waymickey
06-20-2013, 11:51 AM
My family was treated to the best Bus driver ever last year on late night trip back from the DHS. He had colorful lights flashing on the bus and special music playing and he gave all the very tired kids on the bus small toys, plastic dimaond rings a for the girls and bouncy balls for the boys. The tired kids woke up quick and had smiles all the way back to the WL. We were lucky enogh to get the same driver the another night on the same trip and he this time had ballons for all the kids on board. He really enjoyed his job and he did not play the awful loop message instead speaking into the microphone and singing along.

ANG
06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
It wasn't to me personally but I was there to witness the entire thing. I stopped in the AK baby center with my DS1 so he could cool off. Moments after we walked in, a CM brought in a little boy (maybe 3 yrs old?) that he had found lost. One of the CM tried talking to the boy while the other was calling all over to report it. The boy was in tear and I felt so badly for his family who must have been worried sick. One of the CM said she was going to give him a lollipop to calm him down and the other stopped her and said what if he has allergies. That is great quick thinking!

The mom came in like 20 minutes later. The CM did an awesome job of distracting him.

Basket Mommy
06-20-2013, 12:55 PM
We encountered an exceptional CM on our trip in February. My girls and I had FPs to meet the princesses. After we had been through the line and were headed out, Timothy stopped us in the hallway and asked if we'd met Mickey yet. I said no, we were just meeting the princesses and heading back to meet my husband and our boys in Fantasyland. I said we had hoped to stop and meet Merida on the way, but we weren't sure we'd have time to.

Timothy told us to come with him. We went through a Cast Member Only door and he told us to wait right there. As we waited, Mickey came around the corner. I swear, I cried. I've met Mickey before, but this was just special. Mickey took us into his dressing room for our own personal meet & greet & pictures. After that, Timothy walked us all the way down Main Street to the castle and put us into the front of Merida's line. We thanked him profusely & went on to meet Merida & still have time to get back to the boys by the appointed time. I was so moved by Timothy going out of his way to make sure we met Mickey & Merida. My girls and I will never forget it.

ransam
06-20-2013, 01:28 PM
i love these stories.
a couple more, and i'm sure i'll add more later.

1. We were in line for Everest and a cast member walked by and looked at me and noticed I had a Happy Birthday Button on.
he said that no one should wait in line on his birthday and took us to the front of the line, waited while we rode, then took us to the Nemo show and took us right in.

2. last year my son was throwing a fit in line for the pirate show at HS. all of a sudden a cast member shows up, looks at me first for approval, and then hands him an ice cream bar and said it was a gift from Mickey.

CajunDisneyDad
06-20-2013, 01:40 PM
I would have to say this last trip. We were in epcot and it was Star Wars weekend, so my oldest DS (4) was wearing a star wars T-shirt. We went into the toy shop in England to get a picture with Pooh and Tigger. Well my youngest DS (1) was sleeping in his stroller so I waited outside in the shade while DW and DS went to stand in line. A few minutes later I heard a lot of lauging coming from there and then DW and DS came out. What had happened was Tigger noticed DS shirt. He and DS started having a lightsaber duel. Then Tigger started to "force choke" Pooh, well then DS "force pushed" Tigger and he flew backwards lol. Needless to say this was by far our favorite character meeting and one he will remember for ever. I wish I could post a pic of it, it was too cute :)

Zippy 1
06-20-2013, 04:11 PM
We have had 2 awesome interactions with CM's while at DW. On our first trip we had reservations for breakfast at Cape May Cafe. We had asked the Cm at our hotel the buses to take and some how he mixed it up. So we were standing looking a little lost when a bus driver asked where we needed to go. We told him and he immediately put his bus out of service and drove us there. He knew we were going to be late for our ADR so he made a call and was able to let the Cape May Cafe know. When we arrived at the hotel we were so excited and thankful for the help. We were taken in and seated right away and we were almost 45 minutes late. This driver saved the day. I only wish I had gotten his name so I could let Disney know.
On our second trip we were waiting in in after close of MK for our bus. My DD was not feeling well and started vomiting. The CM who was helping our line immediately helped us. With finding a trash can for my DD and then moving us to the front of the line so we could get her back to the hotel. Everyone who was in front of us was also gracious. We heard no comments about being moved to the front which I was afraid might happen.
It really helps your vacation when someone goes the extra mile for you. When we have been at Disney we have had nothing but excellent service from CMs. Which I know must be hard given the variety of people the must deal with.

EeyoresBestFriend
06-20-2013, 10:02 PM
There have been so many fantastic experiences with CMs over our trips that it is hard to pick just one.

The one that does come to mind was a lovely CM at Boma. My Dad is in his late 70s and loves the carrot ginger soup. The night that we were there for dinner, he asked if it was on the buffet and it was not. He was disappointed, but it's not like there isn't other amazing dishes to be had. When we were sitting enjoying some salads before moving onto the entrees, she came over to Dad with a big bowl of carrot soup and whispers to him "I had them make one just for you"! He was beyond thrilled and sooo grateful. It was the best bowl he ever had!
About a week later, we were able to sneak in one last dinner at Boma before we left. The same CM was serving the table next to us and she brought my Dad another bowl of the soup ( as again, it was a night it wasn't being served). It was amazing that she even remembered him let alone that he loved that soup, even when she wasn't our server.
It made my Dad's trip, and subsequently ours, because of her kindness.

Jeniflower
06-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Sometimes its just the little things that make your trip I think. Four years ago my sister and I were staying at the GF and we went to get a bus to AK. We were the only one's there and the cast member was really friendly and chatty and after 5 minutes phoned to find out were are bus was. This was so surprising as we had no problems waiting a while. its probably the one place were I have patience. But she made sure the bus came quickly and remembered us the next time we went to get the bus. needless to say we took her name and emailed Disney when we got back to say well done.

Aurora
06-21-2013, 10:10 AM
These posts are making me cry. Such wonderful stories.

My favorite experience was from long ago, but I'll share it anyway because my family will never forget it.

My father is legally blind and relies on family members to get around. He was never comfortable with a cane and doesn't use one; instead he holds the arm of his companion so he can tell where to go.

The ferry boat restaurant at Downtown Disney was Empress Lilly then, and was a little more upscale. Our family went to eat there and was seated by the maitre 'd, who proceeded to tell my dad where everything was located on the table. Later, when we were served, he came back and told Dad where all his food was.

Now, we had not said anything about my dad being blind, and most people can't tell by looking at him. After dinner was over the CM came over again to ask how everything was. My dad was stymied over how the man knew he was blind and asked him. The CM said that he was a survivor of the Holocaust, and when his life was spared, he vowed to notice people always and try to help any way he could. My dad still gets choked up when he tells that story, even all these years later.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-21-2013, 10:42 AM
I love this thread:mickey:

emerzmom
06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
These stories are pure Mickey Magic and Pixie Dust! I love it!
:tink:
Julie

ransam
06-21-2013, 11:41 AM
The story about the bus reminded me of 2 bus driver strories.

One night my buddy and i went to ESPN to watch a monday night football game, after the game we hung out w/ a couple people we had met and soon it was very late and the busses were done for the night. Being in an EVC it is hard for us to catch a taxi. A worker at the Boardwalk noticed us and she made a call and 5 minutes later a bus showed up and took us to our resort. i thought that was so cool that a bus driver came and got us.

the other time we had gotten finished eating at Boma and were waiting for a bus to take us to Epcot so we could catch a bus to All Star sports. As a bus pulled up w/ Hollywood studios on it's label, the driver asked us where we were going and we told him we were going to Epcot to go to our resort. he got on the intercom and said he'd have a bus here in a minute. a couple minutes a bus came w/ no destination on the front, and they took us directly to our resort w/o transfer.

like someone mentioned it's always the small, maybe easiest gestures that are so appreciated.

Terra
06-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Love all of these!! There are farm more awesome CMs than anything :)

Really my experience is all the time when we go! My oldest is Autistic and all of the CMs are always nice, even extra nice and go out of their way to make him comfortable and really come down to his level to talk about his day and favorite rides.

It really warms my heart!!!

Brer Fox
06-21-2013, 05:08 PM
The best castmember I've ever had was on my last trip, he was a server in the garden grill. You could tell he really loved his job, he was always making jokes and was always fast on getting us our food. He was easily the best.

jillluvsdisney
06-21-2013, 06:45 PM
What a great thread!!!

I love every post and wish INTERCOT had a "like" button like facebook. LOL

DisneyDawgette
06-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Everytime I call the Disney Dining line, it really gets me in the Disney mood! The cast members are incredibly helpful, and I often find myself in conversations about other things while they look up reservations! The last time I called, I couldn't believe that I had been on the phone for 25 minutes. For someone who hates talking on the phone, I never hesitate to call to book my dining reservations. :)

Sylvia
06-21-2013, 11:12 PM
I love this thread - It's so nice to not be bombarded with negativity. Magic and Pixie Dust are alive and well on Intercot. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a short story to add.

The last few trips my Mother to WDW, she finally gave in and used a wheelchair to get around. She would always be embarrassed when it was time to board the bus. She always apologized to the driver for the inconvenience that she caused. Every driver, no matter what time of day, what day of the week, etc., always replied in the way "Don't worry, we want you to enjoy yourself. We'll have you strapped in and we'll be on our way in just a short time." Not once, did any driver ever make her feel like an inconvenience. As he/she strapped the chair securely, they joked with her and put her at ease. They all helped her to enjoy herself. Pure Magic!!

thejens
06-23-2013, 05:16 PM
I have had many nice interactions with cast members, but probably my favorite was with Alice at the Park Fare breakfast. My youngest son became shy when she came to the table and instead of speaking or posing for a picture, he slid under the table. To my surprise, Alice popped under the table with him and chatted as if it were the most normal thing in the world. "Oh, I love to sit under tables, don't you?" I even managed to get a photo of them! I still laugh to remember her staying in character so perfectly and his amazed expression.

LauraF
06-24-2013, 09:38 AM
This one was from our honeymoon in DLR . . .

We honeymooned in both Florida and California parks. We had gotten the WDW "Just Married' buttons and wore them everywhere. Unbeknownst to us, these had been discontinued by Disney. They were very hard to find as a result, and quite a few people on our trip asked us where we had gotten them.

When we were at the gift shop in the Grand Californian, we were chatting with a CM who asked us about our buttons. We joked about our honeymoon around the World. He put on a mock offended expression since we had DisneyWORLD "Just Married" buttons on. "How could we", he said ' in DisneyLAND?"

Good point.

So he fixed that.
He jumped into the back room and came out with two "Just Married" pins for DLR. He told us they were his last two, so he better not see us walking around with those "Florida things" on again. :mickey:

Main Street Jim
06-24-2013, 05:22 PM
^^^ Nice :)

Can't tell ya how many *great* guest interactions I've had over my career working at the park. I might have only gotten two or three "Great Guest Service Letters", but those few letter *far* outweigh all of the negative situations I've been placed in.

Common sense - and courtesy - go a long ways. A "Please" and a "Thank you" will get much more accomplished than "yelling at guests". I trained my Cast so that if/when they ever got in to a situation that got heated, to get a coordinator or a manager, rather than trying to "solve it themselves". Even in the worst-crowded times, it pays to be courteous and respectful of the guests. :thumbsup:

EeyoresBestFriend
06-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Common sense - and courtesy - go a long ways. A "Please" and a "Thank you" will get much more accomplished than "yelling at guests". Even in the worst-crowded times, it pays to be courteous and respectful of the guests. :thumbsup:

And to the CMs, too! Courtesy and respect is a two way street.

ransam
10-03-2013, 04:56 PM
one thing I've noticed is that even the guests are more polite to one another and I believe that is led by example by the cast members. I especially noticed that this last visit a couple weeks ago.
That is why I go to Disney and will continue going, it's cause of the great customer service and how you're treated by everyone and we always return the good will to our fellow guests.

k10
10-03-2013, 05:25 PM
I have had many nice interactions with cast members, but probably my favorite was with Alice at the Park Fare breakfast. My youngest son became shy when she came to the table and instead of speaking or posing for a picture, he slid under the table. To my surprise, Alice popped under the table with him and chatted as if it were the most normal thing in the world. "Oh, I love to sit under tables, don't you?" I even managed to get a photo of them! I still laugh to remember her staying in character so perfectly and his amazed expression.

i can't stand it! i love this story so much! it seems "so alice". we saw another alice, just last week, at Epcot, posing for pictures. she was so witty and never skipped a beat. we didn't get in pictures, but just sort of watched her be "on" while we ate fish n chips on the sidewalk. everyone loved her.

BayLaker25
10-03-2013, 07:35 PM
One trip my wife and I went to WDW with family memebers. Late in the week we were in MK and decided to split up from our family members and have some time to ourselves. While walking around we stopped to look at the wait time for Snow White, a CM approached us and asked if we were going on and I told her we were thinking about it. The CM told us to follow her and she walked us around had another CM stop the line and put us right onto the ride instead of waiting 30 min. I wanted to come out get the CM's name but she was gone by the time we got off the ride. This was a great suprise and it was also the last time we got to ride Snow White before it closed for good. Everytime I walk by I always think about that last ride and how the CM helped make it memorable. :mickey:

twinboyz
10-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Great post! There are some great CM's out there!!

We ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe a few times. Both times the waitresses and waiters went out of their way to make it extra enjoyable for us!! I can't say enough about how fun and special the meal was and the food was really good too. We always take a picture with our CM's if they are extra special awesome.. Helps to keep the fun and positive stuff in our memories!:D

We had a lot of trouble transferring our non expiring park passes to our room keys this past visit. By the next day I went back to the front desk to explain what had happened and the manager came over and handled it WAY better than the manager the night before. All smiles, lots of great conversation, and a nice room credit to boot! I was happy with him taking the time to actually fix it for us so we didn't have to have two card keys. The room credit was not expected, but wow was it awesome!:thumbsup:

Customer Service in any industry is tough. I think the CM's are held to a higher standard because they are at Disney. I think our experiences with the great CM's completely outweigh the bad!!

DonaldDuckUSA
10-04-2013, 11:34 AM
The CM said that he was a survivor of the Holocaust, and when his life was spared, he vowed to notice people always and try to help any way he could. My dad still gets choked up when he tells that story, even all these years later.

Thank you for sharing this amazing story! It brought me to tears. I'll probably be telling this story to several people. It's a story worth spreading.

I know we've had some pretty great experiences. My dad and his coworkers took an office trip to Disney and their family members tagged along. We had a HUGE dinner at Ohana (back when you could reserve Ohana a day before). The server was hilarious. She had one of those wonderful infections personalities. We just love her. She targeted my dad as the troublemaker of the group and they had a lot of funny exchanges. I think about that every time I am in the Poly. Makes me smile.

azcavalier
10-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Customer Service in any industry is tough. I think the CM's are held to a higher standard because they are at Disney. I think our experiences with the great CM's completely outweigh the bad!!

I am currently reading "Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney" by Lee Cockerell. He talks about the training and corporate culture that Disney has created over the last few decades. The point of the book is that you can apply these to other industries and companies, and then relates stories about the successful implementation in other companies. It's fascinating to read, and really shows you some behind the scenes stuff about how Disney does what they do.

masonlovesdisney
10-04-2013, 05:03 PM
When I was about 12 I was very big into the Disney pin trading, looking all over for specific cast member pins I wanted. We stopped in what I believe was the jewelry store on Main Street. While looking for the certain pin I was looking for (It was a Jafar head pin that would complete my set) we started to talk to a cast member named Gail(I believe, its been so long), and before we left she took down our home address and promised that if she came across the pin she would send it to us! While we thought it would never happen it actually did! A few months later I received the pin in the mail along with a handwritten note from Gail. It was very awesome and really made me happy!:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

AgentC
10-04-2013, 07:03 PM
We had a great experience on our trip a few weeks ago. We were at MNSSHP and my 5 year daughter and I had just exited Princess Fairytale Hall into the store. My husband and son were waiting outside to ride the Haunted Mansion. My daughter was nervous I was telling her not to worry "It is just Disney magic."

A cast member heard us and came over. She told my daughter that it was just magic but she could give her some "pixie dust" for protection. She brought a wand of "pixie dust" and sprinkled it over my daughter's head. It was a very sweet moment and my daughter went on the Haunted Mansion happy. :mickey:

Maggie T
10-05-2013, 05:37 AM
2 years ago we did the HDD. We got off the bus and did not understand where they dropped us off we were suppose to get on another bus to take us us to the show. Well we walked and walked until a CM asked us where we were going. We were lost in the middle of the camp grounds. Well she was on her bike, rode back to her camper, got her van and delivered us to the show. That was her first day off in 2 weeks and was visiting her family and took time to rescue us. She would not tell us her name but she is a hero to us. The show was great.

Cinderelley
10-08-2013, 10:34 AM
These posts are making me cry. Such wonderful stories.

When I started reading your post, I thought "at least I'm not the only one getting a little teary eyed." Then I got all the way to the end of yours and it made me cry the hardest.

MrPeetrie
10-08-2013, 02:43 PM
I love these posts!

In 2012, we had such an amazing vacation with such terrific interaction with CMs that I posted my first Trip Report on this web site. (I felt "compelled to" after how amazing some of them were.) I'll tell one story that stands out and it was from our first full day on property, so the whole trip was set in the proper fashion!!!!!!!

My DD (then 9) is a huge Merida fan. She is bright, beautiful, sensitive, precious -- everything a parent could want in a daughter, but she is an extremely anxious person. Her own anxieties can get in her way. Anyone who is a parent with such a child knows what I'm talking about.

On our first full day on property, we spent it at the Magic Kingdom. She had on a Merida shirt, Merida lanyard complete with five Merida pins, and was holding a Merida doll. Obsessed? Just a bit.

Upon entering the Magic Kingdom she told us it was not important to make a point to meet her today. She didn't want to ruin our day, looking for her. We said we'd come upon her and we'd stop.

At lunch, my wife took my DS2 to the Baby Care Center while DD9 and I went to Cosmic Ray's. Suddenly she became very quiet. Too quiet. I asked what was wrong and she pointed outside. The Merida Meet and Greet was there. Her anxieties were getting the best of her. My wife joined up with us and I said I'd take her to see Merida while DW and DS shopped. While in line, again she said we didn't have to wait.

"It's fine. The line's too long."

We waited. The line moved quickly. Merida was kind and gracious to all the guests. But when she saw my daughter, she pulled her to her rock and they began to chat like old friends. My daughter's eyes lit up.

After talking for a bit and posing for pictures, she asked, "Are you going to take the archer's lesson?"
"Hmm, I'm not su..."
"Yes! Nick, this is my good friend, Sophia. Please give her your best lesson. Go, Sophia. Change your Fate. Be Brave!"

My daughter, who had been practicing, shot a perfect bullseye, bringing a slight applause from those watching, high-fived Nick, and we started to leave."

Merida turned from her stage and shouted, "Goodbye Sophia! Have a Magical Day, exploring the Kingdom!"

My daughter turned to me and said, "It's pretty neat when you meet a celebrity and they like you back!"

Her trip was made, and consequently so was ours. She refused to meet another Merida at any other Meet and Greet because it might tarnish the special relationship they had.

At the day's end, I stopped at City Hall and wrote a personal letter, thanking the young Cast Member and asked that her supervisor be made aware of her actions.

She was one of many who were great on that trip. Just wanted to share.

My2Sons
10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
This IS a great thread!

We have had so many, but I will just share a few.

I have a peanut allergic son. Disney is GREAT with handling food allergies. We had dinner at 'Ohana one night, and as is the norm, we mentioned the allergy and the chef came out to tell us what was and was not safe. Back then (and perhaps still) at the end of the meal there is one big family dessert. It was not safe for peanut allergic people. Now my son is used to not being able to eat many foods, but, seeing as how that was the only dessert, his little face fell. The chef said to him, "I will make you a special dessert - just for you. Do you like ice cream?" My son was thankful and looking forward to his ice cream. WELL - when the chef brought the dessert out - it was amazing! It was on a skewer - layer upon layer of brownie, and ice cream, and so on and so on, and some pineapple, too! It was amazing! My son's eyes popped out of his little head. I don't think he has ever enjoyed a dessert so much. He is so used to being left out of eating the "goodies" - it was so great for him to have a special treat just for him! And the chef was awesome - funny, friendly, and he didn't act the least bit bothered - he seemed happy to do it.

My oldest son is an avid pin trader. At the end of one of our trips when he was just getting into pin trading, we were in the gift shop. We were leaving the next day, and he had run out of trader pins. He spotted a pin he had been searching for on the CMs lanyard. He asked her if he could see her pins. She obliged, and he stood there struggling with his decision. He would have to trade one of his special pins if he wanted to get the pin on her lanyard. He didn't say much, but I think she could read his face. He decided to make the trade. He took his pin off, she took hers off. She handed him the new pin and he handed her his pin in trade. She waited a few seconds, smiled at him, and handed him back his original pin - so he could keep both pins. He was SO happy! He thanked her about 10 times. She really made his entire trip!

We always have great interactions with Disney CMs. They are just so fantastic. Keep up the good work!

MrPeetrie
10-10-2013, 08:40 PM
My2Sons, both are great stories. I really liked the dessert story. That's special.

tjstrike
10-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Last October the girl at guest relations in DHS upgraded our annual passes to the $399 premium passes and gave me the extra money back that I had paid on regular passes. For 5 passes I got back about $150 !! She was A #1 in my book !!

Zawadi
10-12-2013, 03:20 PM
To continue the positive vibe...

Last year we were in Soarin' in the last 30 minute of an evening EMH. The CM at the gate was giving the role everything. In perfect sync with Patrick's safety message she was doing all the actions of a cabin demonstration. It was the first time that I had noticed everybody take notice of the safety briefing.

At that time of night, there was no line and we rode Soarin' twice more, before being on the last flight of the night, and specifically asked to go to her gate.

We sent an email to guest relations and got a reply that the positive feedback would be forwarded to her manager.

FenwayGirl
10-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Make sure to write Disney about these outstanding CM. I have 4 that stood out for me on my last trip...I wrote down the date, time and park so that I could let Disney know. Once home, I wrote a short note commending these people. I am sure that it is good for these folks to get praise when deserved :number1:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-12-2013, 10:12 PM
My sister & I had gone when her two sons were 4 years old and the other was seven weeks old. (Yep, seven weeks).She was nursing him at the time. We went to go on the Great Movie Ride and the line was fairly long. She was tired because with a newborn, she wasn't getting a whole lot of sleep. (Her now ex-husband hadn't come with us). I asked the CM if there was someplace out of the sun that she could wait and then her and the baby could cut into line and join me and her 4 year old son. He took us in through a "special" entrance and took us right up to the front, where you watch the movie, so that we were right there when they opened the door to go into the ride. Unfortunately I didn't get his name but what a sweet thing to do.

Giggy
10-13-2013, 08:52 AM
We got to see an attraction before it was officially open.

In 2004 on our last day we were finishing off at Magic Kingdom before going to the airport. They were doing the unofficial opening of Stitch's Great Escape but it wasn't open to the general public. A cast member heard that we were going to have to leave soon and asked if we would like to go in. It was the final attraction of the vacation and a nice touch to finish on. :stitch:

Terra
10-13-2013, 10:38 AM
My sister & I had gone when her two sons were 4 years old and the other was seven weeks old. (Yep, seven weeks).She was nursing him at the time. We went to go on the Great Movie Ride and the line was fairly long. She was tired because with a newborn, she wasn't getting a whole lot of sleep. (Her now ex-husband hadn't come with us). I asked the CM if there was someplace out of the sun that she could wait and then her and the baby could cut into line and join me and her 4 year old son. He took us in through a "special" entrance and took us right up to the front, where you watch the movie, so that we were right there when they opened the door to go into the ride. Unfortunately I didn't get his name but what a sweet thing to do.

7 weeks...Psshhhhewww. My oldest was 3.5 weeks ;) And I understand the tired and nursing part!
That was awesome of that cast member!!

TheVBs
10-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Love this thread! These are such great stories. :mickey: We've had some outstanding CM interactions too!

kerry827
10-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Back in 2008, I took my then boyfriend now husband to Disney for the first time. I was already a seasoned Disney traveler so it is really neat to see the park from a newbie's eyes.

My husband was wide eyed the entire time but the one thing that he STILL talks about to this day was the CM on Big Thunder Railroad. My sweet husband was wearing his new lanyard with his new pins all day and as we were walking away from BTM he heard a pin drop and an older CM came over to pick it up. My husband was bummed to see that he had lost the black rubber backing to the pin and was looking around the ground for it. (Most likely it fell off on the ride) when all of a sudden the CM announced "hey, i found it" , winked at me,put something in his pocket, and handed my husband the backing.

My husband graciously thanked him and off we went... after we took a few steps & my husband thought about what just happened, he realized that the CM couldn't have found the backing & that he had really just given him one of his own backings from his own lanyard of pins. Of course when we turned back to thank him again the CM had disappeared.

It was a sweet Disney moment that my husband tells everyone about to this day.