PDA

View Full Version : Cochlear miracle baby

cather74
06-19-2013, 08:42 PM
So in a nutshell my beautiful baby boy was born profoundly deaf. He's 7 months old and the light of my life. His two year old brother is an amazing older brother and is completely verbal which will help little John in the long run when he can develop speech. John will be getting his first cochlear implant in November and I can't wait for him to hear his mommy say "I love you!" I am a music teacher so this has been an incredibly tough year for me.my heart broke when they told me he couldn't hear but since then we are making great strides with John. I love music so much and I am hoping to someday share my greatest love with him. So what better way to celebrate our triumphs then a family trip to Disney. My question is does anyone have any ad vice on how to make it a better experience for John?He will probably be a year and a half when we go but as we all know .....planning for Disney is a lot of fun and its never too soon. Thoughts?:mickey:

snuggs30
06-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Awww what a terrrific story! Good luck to him! Planning a disney vacation is so much fun! Have a great trip and most of all, so glad he will be able to hear you say I Love You!! :thumbsup:

snuggs30
06-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Don't miss the Electrical parade

Dulcee
06-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Aw you must all be so excited for his implant. We have very close family friends and their youngest of 9! children was born completely deaf as well. He received his implant at 2 and now as a 6 or 7 year old is a huge chatter box.

As far as Disney, with two little boys plan on being flexible. You can never guess what might grab a 2 year old's attention in WDW. For my older nephew we spent almost half a day riding the monorail. He was so obsessed with trains and a flying train...well that was just amazing.

DVC2004
06-20-2013, 02:50 PM
How exciting! Can't think of a better place to celebrate. I agree just be flexible and open. Don't try anc pack too much it. It's pretty stimulating for the little ones. Be prepared to take breaks. Just enjoy! There's no right or wrong way to do it. Congrats and wishing you and your family the best. :mickey:

Belle of the Ball 051411
06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
The previous posts mimic my advice, but I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you. Wonderful news!

Terra
06-23-2013, 08:57 PM
This is so amazing! A whole new world for him! :)
One of my students this past year in kindergarten had an implant and it was wonderful for her!

No real advice other than, take lots of pictures and just take time to enjoy each other in the midst of the magic! :)

cather74
06-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone! I've been goin to disney with my parents since I was little. I can't wait to share it with my boys! Thanks for all the kind words!:cloud9: