PDA

View Full Version : Super cast members

GA girl
06-19-2013, 04:41 PM
We just returned Saturday from a week in Orlando. We stayed off site at my sisters time share and did not have any set plans on what we were going to do while there (except some shopping).
After reading about all of the rude cast members at Disney recently we almost decided to go to Sea World and Aquatica, but instead we chose to do a water park only trip.
On our first day in Orlando, we went to Downtown Disney and had dinner at the Rainforest. Our host was so nice and our waiter was great. No rude people at all in any of the shops either. Every cast member we talked to were great.
On Tuesday we went to Typhoon Lagoon. My mom, who has some trouble walking went with us that day. Well, she got overheated on our way out of the park, we were right by Typhoon Tillys. There were a couple of Cast Members near us and they were so helpful. One guy went and got her a bottle of water and asked if I needed a wheel chair to get her to the car. Within minutes we were surrounded by 4 first aid/lifeguards with a wheel chair and ice packs and a cold towel. They were all great at making sure that she was ok and that I was able to get her to the car.
The next day (we left mom at home :blush:) and went to Blizzard Beach. While sitting by the Melt Away Bay there was an older lady in a wheel chair and a cast member was helping her. He was so nice. They made sure that she got a water wheel chair so that she would be able to access the pool better. Her face just lit up, she was so happy that she could enjoy the rides easier.
The next day we went back to Typhoon Lagoon and I was sitting in the Surf Pool and there was a little girl about 4 years old that had gotten separated from her Mom. A lady pointed her out to the life guard and he went and got her and helped her find her Mom. He just calmed her down while they walked thru the water. The Mom picked her up and she just started crying. I can imagine how scared they both were.
But everyone we came in contact with were just so nice. Even the cashier at the Disney Store in the outlet mall.
I am going to write an email to Disney thanking the CM's that helped me with my Mom. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
We had a great week!

faline
06-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Sometimes people only observe the bad interactions and miss all the lovely, caring interactions. I'm glad you had such a lovely experience and think it is wonderful you will take the time to let Disney know of your positive experiences!

VWL Mom
06-19-2013, 08:02 PM
It's good to hear the nice stories too. I'm sure Disney will be grateful to hear from you.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-19-2013, 08:51 PM
So glad to hear examples of the WONderful cast members that are the usual experience at WDW! I hate that you were almost influenced to go elsewhere because of the negative stories. Sure, there are definitely exceptions to the rule, and it is disappointing because we expect everything to be up to the standards of Disney's reputation. We are so grateful for the many, many sweet, professional CM's that we've been fortunate to encounter throughout our trips. Thanks to all of you who make it MAGICAL for us!!!!
:cloud9:

merciantinkerbell
06-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Our first trip last year was fantastic in many ways. We didn't meet any bad cast members. We wrote to Disney about some especially good ones when we got back, any one know if comments get passed on? We hope so. The young girl ( showing my age there:blush:) who checked us in at POFQ never failed to say Hi and ask how we were/ what sort of day we had whenever she saw us. Made us feel really special. Hope cast member interaction is as good next year when we go

Ms. Mode
06-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Everyone has a bad day now and then so sometimes when you read the not so magical reports you have to take it with a grain of salt. Most of the CMs we have come across have been very friendly and helpful!

ransam
06-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Awesome to hear.
I'm sorry i didn't see your post, as i just posted a new thread for stories about great cast members.
I think sometimes the great service is over shadowed and maybe even taken for granted.

so thank you for sharing.

have a magical day.