PDA

View Full Version : Guest Services came through

1goofyfamily
06-18-2013, 02:10 PM
after spending 20 minutes on the phone with someone trying to get my daughter moved from 1 of our rooms to our 2nd one so we would be split 4 and 4 which would allow us to use my sisters pin code offer on 1 of our rooms since we are all checking in at the same time at POR (but alligator bayou not being available for the offer) and then just hope free dining gets offered to the public later I was about to give up. the guy was trying to talk me out of it (I'm guessing because it was close to quitting time for him) just telling me to do it when we checked in. Even though I had explained to him several times why we had to do this. I had even identified my self and verified everything with him 3 different times in my conversation he kept asking me to do so. Then he went on that it's not their policy to allow me to add this code to which I let him know I had talked to someone at Disney on the phone last week who advised me to use the 3rd room and then hope for the best which was what I was asking to do now. I explained I would have done it right then but I had to leave for a soccer game which would have saved me from the run around I was getting now. Finally I just asked to be put through to the survey so I could just call back and talk to someone who will listen. Well then he decided to be helpful but he was having trouble for 15 minutes even accessing 1 of our reservations. Finally he put me on hold and got with guest services and 30 minutes later....well after their closing he came back on and said they had problems too because they could only add her to 1 room and not remove her from the other but that they would work on it over night and for the grief he put me through and for the hour long phone call to just swap rooms for my child guest services decided to give us free dining for both rooms when I was only trying to get it for the one. So what started off with extremely poor customer service ended up reassuring and renewing my faith in Disney customer care. :mickey:

disneymom15
06-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Nice:thumbsup:good for you!

Dopey's Girl
06-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Glad you got what you needed (and a bonus to boot, nice! :thumbsup:) but that story is a perfect example of why I don't book myself any more. I let Wendy at Magical Journeys deal with all the nonsense. She always gets me what I need and I don't have to spend my entire day trying to deal with Disney and their horrible reservations system!

faline
06-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Glad it all worked out!! :thumbsup:

Zippy 1
06-18-2013, 08:37 PM
That is why I also use Magical Journeys. I only need to give them the info and then they do the rest. No headaches for me:mickey: Glad you got a bonus for all your troubles