PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay more?

Mrs Bus Driver
06-17-2013, 10:51 AM
For an adult dinning plan. I don't mean the present forms of dinning plans. I would like one that let you choose between Appetizer and desert. One that would include a couple of adult beverages at dinner. Lets see:

Adult Dinning Plan
1) 1 counter service meal a day
2) 1 Table service meal to include your choice of appetizer or desert and 1 alcoholic beverage
3) 2 snacks per day

Would you be willing to pay $5 or $10 more for the Adult Dinning Plan? :mickey:

Scar
06-17-2013, 11:41 AM
No. For me, It would still be a bad deal. Cost aside, one of my big problems is being anchored to ADR's and having to have a TS every day.

Polynesian Dweller
06-17-2013, 02:07 PM
No. For me, It would still be a bad deal. Cost aside, one of my big problems is being anchored to ADR's and having to have a TS every day.

:ditto:
We only have three ADRs per week. Each TS means as much as 3 hours including the time to get to the restaurant, waiting or seating, having the meal, and then getting back to the rides.

And from a practical point of view (having restaurants in our group's hotels) the OPs proposal is a nightmare to manage. How many appetizers do you have to have and you can't keep appetizers over to the next day. That means more spoilage which cuts into profits. You can keep desserts over more than one day and probably sell them all. That's why dessert is the plan option.

Then alcoholic beverages are how restaurants really make profits. Restaurants tend to lose money on food and cover it through drink sales. Drink sales are counted on even by Disney to cover costs. You won't find alcoholic drinks put in any meal plan for that reason.

To make a plan pay with those options you'd likely have a plan cost the either was too high for most people or cut into the profit margin of the restaurant which they wouldn't do.

#1donaldfan
06-17-2013, 02:11 PM
No way !! It's too expensive now and that's for a desert that no one really wants. I'd like the option of having either or, an appetizer or desert ??!! The dinning plan has gotten totally out of hand and is not worth it !! :mickey:

1DisneyNut
06-17-2013, 03:35 PM

Ditto on this for me as well. I hate everything about the dining plan, especially being tied to ADR's and having to work my fun around dining reservations.

It is already too expensive partly due to the amount of food but as has been mentioned the desert everyone throws away is included. If anything I would think most people would like to see an option for $5 - $10 less without a desert included.