PDA

View Full Version : Seating area for Fantasmic Dinner Package changed?

emmatink
06-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Read on another Disney blog that guests who purchase the Fantasmic Dinner package are now seated in a reserved section near the center of the theater instead of off to the right. Can anyone that has done this recently confirm where they were seated?

Eric87
06-15-2013, 09:09 AM
I really hope this rumor is true. I've avoided the package because we prefer to sit near the middle and don't want to be in line so early wasting time that could be spent on other attractions.

MickeysBestPal
06-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Read on another Disney blog that guests who purchase the Fantasmic Dinner package are now seated in a reserved section near the center of the theater instead of off to the right. Can anyone that has done this recently confirm where they were seated?

They have been "playing" with different entrance and seating positions for the past month, or so.

DP has been in the center sections (Mickey & Scar,) but that may or may not change.

You can take your chances and see, but even the CM's working F! have been taken by surprise with the jockeying of seating and entrance areas.

Pirate Granny
06-15-2013, 12:41 PM
We did in may, and we were front and center and they were being careful to check tickets and reserve the area...unlike before when sometimes it was a free for all...we had a package once, and there was NO SEATING available 30 minutes before the show!!! Very upset!

MickeysBestPal
06-15-2013, 01:09 PM
We did in may, and we were front and center and they were being careful to check tickets and reserve the area...unlike before when sometimes it was a free for all...we had a package once, and there was NO SEATING available 30 minutes before the show!!! Very upset!

Sorry, but that's the way they work the FDP reserved seating area.

On very busy nights, they will open the reserved area to anyone who is in the theater at about 30-35 min. before show time.

That's why FDP guests need to be in the theater by 30-45 min. before show time on busy nights

Nascfan
06-15-2013, 03:52 PM
It's not a rumor, it's 100% true. Seating for the dinner package as of May is/was in the center sections. If you don't have a dinner package and want to sit in the center, choose a night with two showings and go to the later show (usually 10:30).

Pirate Granny
06-15-2013, 04:25 PM
No way we were there at least 40 minutes before and this was when the seating was on the far right...CM let anyone sit there..didn't waste my money again until recently when I heard they were enforcing the saved seating again.

WDWPrincess
06-16-2013, 01:12 AM
QUESTION: Does this mean that the guests who are not part of the Dinner package are now excluded from the two center sections?

I understand that the Dinner package people are now seated in the two center sections- but does that mean both of those sections are ENTIRELY reserved for Dinner Package people?

Or just certain rows in those center sections?

Is there any place in the two center sections that the "common" guest can sit?

Nascfan
06-16-2013, 05:49 AM
QUESTION: Does this mean that the guests who are not part of the Dinner package are now excluded from the two center sections?
Yes.

I understand that the Dinner package people are now seated in the two center sections- but does that mean both of those sections are ENTIRELY reserved for Dinner Package people?
Yes.

Or just certain rows in those center sections?
All of the sections.

Is there any place in the two center sections that the "common" guest can sit?
No.

FYI, all of these answers were accurate as of last month. I recommend that if you don't have the dinner package to go to the second showing on a night when they have two shows. Very little wait is necessary and it is much less crowded with no dinner package seating.

MickeysBestPal
06-16-2013, 11:47 AM
1- I recommend that if you don't have the dinner package to go to the second showing on a night when they have two shows.

2- Very little wait is necessary and

3- it is much less crowded with no dinner package seating.

1- That's often a solution, but not always.
2- Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
3- See #2.

There are nights the the second showing will be backed-up with guests who tried to get into the first show but were turned back due to SRO crowds.

I attended a second-show in late January ("slow season") that was so busy it was full by 15 minutes before the posted start-time.
They just went ahead and started the show 10 minutes early, as there was no more room for additional guests, anyway.

Nascfan
06-16-2013, 08:18 PM
I attended a second-show in late January ("slow season") that was so busy it was full by 15 minutes before the posted start-time.
They just went ahead and started the show 10 minutes early, as there was no more room for additional guests, anyway.
Wow, that's a LOT of people! Point taken, but if you want any chance of center seating, about the only thing to do now is to attend a second show. When we were there in May the second show was barely 2/3 full, but, like anything you're taking your chances as you demonstrated.

phillydan
06-17-2013, 09:40 AM
i sure hope this is true. I never cared for the DP seating, since it is too far off to the end. The last DP show we did, we arrive 30 min prior and were the last people seated in the DP section, first row, first 5 seats. We were so close up that we could see backstage. Wasn't a great experience, so on our last trip, we just went with the masses and ended up with better seats closer to the middle.

emmatink
09-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Just thought I would ask again if anyone has gotten back recently that did the Fantasmic Dinner package, were you seated in the middle sections or off to the far right? Still trying to decide if we are going to keep our reservation. Thanks!

MargaretMessler
09-16-2013, 08:53 PM
We were just there last week, and although we did not have the dinner package, there were signs indicating that the dinner package seating was dead center, and they seemed to be enforcing it as the general crowd was being directed to the far side.