PDA

View Full Version : Help in July

SelfmadeWade
06-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I have always loved this Intercot website, but unfortunately I don't have the time to read all of the great information here - so I am reaching out for someone to give me a brief overview of what I should expect this year.

For the first time in several years, I will be heading to Walt Disney World with my family the second week of July.

We will not be staying on property - and we will be driving a rental car to and from each park.

Here's my question:

From what I've read, there are MAJOR changes regarding how the parks now "work" - that is, Infrared wrist bands that act as everything from a fast pass to a Disney hotel key?

As an off-property guest in July - do I need to get some sort of wrist band upon entering the parks?

Can I not get a regular fast pass like I used to?

Am I supposed to pay extra for a wrist band?

Am I generally being "punished" regarding Fast Pass distribution because I am not a Disney resort guest?

Will this all be stuff I don't need to worry about yet because I will be there before it all takes effect?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

DisneyEpcotDad
06-14-2013, 04:29 PM
:mickey:I don't think the wristband function is fully in effect yet. I had read it will be used for annual passholders. Your theme park ticket should still be the avenue for you to get a FassPass at the FassPass distribution centers for each attraction that uses Fass Pass.

I last went to DW in December but have read about pending changes (again for Passholders) to move to wristbands for tickets.
:mickey:

VWL Mom
06-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Will this all be stuff I don't need to worry about yet because I will be there before it all takes effect?

Thanks so much!

That pretty much sums it up :mickey: