PDA

View Full Version : Captain Jack Sparrow Attraction

barbiegirl314
06-14-2013, 12:33 PM
When I was at HS a couple of weeks ago I noticed a new attraction that I believe was called "the Jack Sparrow Experience". We never got to check it out, does anyone know what this is? Is a show or ride?

Strmchsr
06-14-2013, 01:26 PM
It's a show. Not worth waiting a really long time for, but it's pretty neat. My boys enjoyed all the special effects.

BrowncatP
06-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Go to Discussion/Theme Parks bottom of page 10 for the information on The Legend of Jack Sparrow.

MickeysBestPal
06-14-2013, 03:59 PM
It barely rates the name, "attraction."

disneymom15
06-14-2013, 04:25 PM
My opinion, not worth my time. Once was more than enough.

T-Belle
06-14-2013, 06:21 PM
My opinion, not worth my time. Once was more than enough.

Ditto. The special effects are cool but not really worth the wait. I would see it again if there was little to no line.

Pirate Granny
06-15-2013, 12:23 PM
We were there one night in May...only a 15 minute wait....DGS loved it...will do again if little wait...lots to see and take in.

Melanie
06-15-2013, 01:06 PM
I liked it a lot. Would definitely do again.

My2Sons
06-15-2013, 11:33 PM
We all liked it. It was neat, and just a little scary. My boys enjoyed it and we might have waited five minutes, tops? (We usually go off peak, so we almost never wait in line for anything - except for Toy Story Mania - for whatever reason there is ALWAYS a line for TSM.) :o) We do wait in lines, but they are five, maybe ten minutes long.

tinkman
06-17-2013, 12:14 PM
I think Disney should use this "attraction" and it's popularity as a sign of what they should be working on. When we were there in May, it was always busy and crowded. Effects were cool, but obviously low budget.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-17-2013, 01:45 PM
While I enjoyed it, as said often by others, I certainly wouldn't wait any longer than 5 minutes for this "attraction". I was underwhelmed by the Narnia attractions that it replaced but thought this was ok. Only downside is that, since you are standing in an open area, some areas are severley limited to what they can see. Not sure why you'd build a standing room only attraction where sight lines are obstructed.

I look at this as simply an added plus/throw-in by Disney. I don't think they are marketing it in anyway as a big "must see" so expectation levels can be set a little lower.