PDA

View Full Version : lights in early jan

readytogo2
06-14-2013, 09:29 AM
planning a trip for jan 52014 and wondering about castle lights and osbourne lights will they still be lighting them up?

snowflakegirl
06-14-2013, 09:32 AM
I was there the second week of January in 2004 and I don't believe they were, but I'm sure someone who has been more recently will be along soon to answer more definitively.

Strmchsr
06-14-2013, 11:33 AM
They've ended in the Jan 3-4 time frame the last couple of years. Some of the other Christmas stuff is still up, but the Dream Lights and Osborne Lights are cut off within a couple of days of New Year.

epceddie
06-14-2013, 07:25 PM
I've been at the MK for my birthday (Jan. 13) and the decorations have still been up. They were also still playing Christmas music.

MickeysBestPal
06-15-2013, 01:00 AM
I've been at the MK for my birthday (Jan. 13) and the decorations have still been up. They were also still playing Christmas music.

That was a fluke of the weather.

About 3-4 years ago, FL experienced a major cold snap in late Dec.
The weather was so cold that Disney, rather than trying to take down the decorations in such bitterly cold (for FL, anyway) weather, announced that they would just "continue the holidays" until mid-January.

Don't expect that to happen very often (if ever again.) Just a matter of freak weather conditions timed with Christmas events.

Melanie
06-15-2013, 10:44 AM
The Castle lights are on through Marathon weekend. They are always on when the runners go through the MK. Now whether they still light them up at night, I don't know.

gottaluvtink
06-17-2013, 04:31 PM
We were there the 5th though the 13th of January this year, and all the lights, trees and every other decoration was still up. The Osbourne lights actually ended on the 6th, but everything else, including Christmas music was still there. I loved the music the first couple of days, but then I was kind of tired of it. The castle lights were lit every night that we were at the Magic Kingdom. All the trees were still up in Animal Kingdom and all the other trees in other parks. Epcot was the only park that had very little Christmas decorations.

Bret92
06-24-2013, 02:13 PM
I was there January 7-12, 2013 and the Christmas lights were on in MK on the 8th when we were there but the next visit, on the 10th, most of the decorations were down. I missed out on Osbourne lights since they ended the 6th and didn't see much of anything at Epcot but there were a lot of trees up at AK.

WDWCrazyKaren
06-26-2013, 09:59 AM
We arrived Jan 6th last year. Osborne lights were not on, but most decorations were still up around the parks and resorts.

Ms. Mode
06-27-2013, 09:41 AM
That was a fluke of the weather.

About 3-4 years ago, FL experienced a major cold snap in late Dec.
The weather was so cold that Disney, rather than trying to take down the decorations in such bitterly cold (for FL, anyway) weather, announced that they would just "continue the holidays" until mid-January.

Don't expect that to happen very often (if ever again.) Just a matter of freak weather conditions timed with Christmas events.

Hey! I was there then....it was COLD!

CaptainSad
06-29-2013, 09:39 PM
I was there the second week of January in 2004 and I don't believe they were, but I'm sure someone who has been more recently will be along soon to answer more definitively.

2007 was the first year of the Castle Lights.