PDA

View Full Version : Entering parks

special ed teacher
06-12-2013, 08:11 PM
I love Disney!
I just do not like the procedures to entering each park each morning! I find it almost scary being pushed in so tight with strangers and hot temps with the morning sun blasting on us for over 30 minutes. This after a long bag check which isn't done well. Then a long wait at the ticket line! I am not sure how it could be improved but I do know that it was very stressful for us this trip!

Capt_redshirt
06-12-2013, 08:29 PM
I certainly understand where youre coming from I have difficulty being put into sardine like conditions.... sadly there is nothing that they will do to fix that the way i fix it is by going just 30 mins or more after rope drop and its not nearly as bad

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-12-2013, 09:58 PM
We have only been at the Parks once exactly for Rope Drop, and we weren't a fan ... just a crush of people.

We try to get there as they open, so the crush is moving and we don't wait as long. Plus, we barely ever take a bag, so we can skip that line and it helps A LOT!

gerald72
06-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Make friends with the people around you. Then they won't be strangers.

Main Street Jim
06-13-2013, 05:25 PM
...and that's really only at Magic Kingdom, I'd assume (with the opening show right in front of the train station, with only a small area between the turnstiles and the station/Mickey floral).

Just come into the park a little later :) Usually there's more than enough turnstiles open.

greengeen
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
This reminds me of the old Henny Youngman joke about the guy who goes to the doctor and says "Doc, it hurts when I do this", and the doctor says, "Don't do that!". If rope drop is a pain, DON'T DO IT! I never have in 42 years of visiting WDW, and I don't feel like I've missed anything!

Scar
06-13-2013, 06:12 PM
...and that's really only at Magic Kingdom, ...Hmmm...

To start, with the exception of "Jersey Kids," I've never been to WDW when Kids are out of school. That being said, I've been at park opening 5 times (1 MK, 1 EP-IG, 2 DHS, 1 AK.) I found no problem at MK or EP. The worst was AK, DHS somewhere in between. But here's my real question... only once, at DHS, did I ever see a rope. Is this only done during real busy times?

ANG
06-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Now we haven't gone in the summer yet, but it's never been crazy crowded taking me 30 minutes at rope drop. BUT at EPCOT is a different story. That is the one I get nervous. The bag check lines don't seem as organized.

TheHD
06-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I've made it to rope drop perhaps 98% of the time. Yes, it's very crowded (and I really dislike that crowded feeling), but I get over it knowing I'll be able to virtually walk on my favorites rides for the first hour or so. We usually show up 30 minutes before too.

DisneyDawgette
06-13-2013, 10:14 PM
I think it is also exacerbated because its the middle of the summer! We went in October at park opening and I didn't find it overwhelming at all! And I'm pretty claustrophobic. :blush:

indytraveler
06-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Rope Drop is a fun time. It's what you make of it. You need to play games like, where are those people from? She'll never last walking the park in those heels. Are they 1st timers? Which child will break down and cry 1st? and Which parent loses his/her cool before the park opens?

These games make the waiting that much more fun. Especially when you see them later in the day, bc you always see the same people later.

But yes you can get packed together pretty tight, but keep reminding yourself of...

WHERE YOU ARE AT!

DisneyEpcotDad
06-14-2013, 04:32 PM
I think I've only experienced "rope drop" twice. Both times was during an off peak season time, so the crowds were not bad then and the weather mild.:mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
06-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Another way to avoid the crush and get in early is to have an early breakfast reservation at Crystle Palace. Did this once really enjoyed it. After breakfast we went and waited near tomorrow land and when they let everyone in we were among the first to Space Mountain. :mickey:

Melanie
06-15-2013, 10:47 AM
A tip for Epcot and the bag check - go to the one to the far left, not the one you come to when you exit tram and monorail. It's almost always much less busy.

BrerGnat
06-15-2013, 01:31 PM
We never arrive right at opening because there is nothing magical about standing around for 30 minutes surrounded by people, for us.

I hate how far away the actual park entrances are from the bus stops, that's my peeve. Animal Kingdom is especially brutal in this regard.

TinyDancer
06-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Oooooorrrrrr............... Instead of getting there at or after rope drop, get there before! Then you're at the front of the crowd AND you can be first on the rides!!! True at MK we don't actually SEE the opening show but we can hear it and sing to it and count down haha.