PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship Earth in Aug

mgmnut
06-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Can anyone confirm the rumor I heard that Spaceship Earth is closing for a week in Aug?

From what I hear it is closed Aug 18 through Aug 25. We are going Aug 16 - 23. It is not a trip without riding on SE and we didn't plan on going to EPCOT until Mon 8/19.

Strmchsr
06-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Yes, that is correct. SE will down Aug 18-25. Muppetvision will also be closed while you're there and the Jungle Cruise will be going down beginning Aug 19.

Melanie
06-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Correct. All the closings and refurbishments can be found here in Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp).

Ms. Mode
06-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I know it will mean changing your plans around some, but I hope you get a ride in before they take it down for the week. Spaceship Earth is my favorite ride at Epcot too (for some reason I'm not really sure of)! :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Teaches me not to check Info Central more often. :blush:

DD will flip ... she LOVES Spaceship Earth. But, we're there long enough we'll be able to "catch-up" on rides after it re-opens.

I'd forgotten about the Muppets though, we'll miss that too!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Teaches me not to check Info Central more often. :blush:

DD will flip ... she LOVES Spaceship Earth. But, we're there long enough we'll be able to "catch-up" on rides after it re-opens.

I'd forgotten about the Muppets though, we'll miss that too!

Glad I saw this before we go! I'll make it to ride Spaceship Earth just fine, but will miss the Carousel and Muppets! :( Could be worse, and I know they have to close them all at some point.

#1donaldfan
06-17-2013, 01:50 PM
I love spaceship earth, but at the same time I will miss that cold nap time .... haha ... :mickey:

Melanie
06-17-2013, 02:25 PM
I love spaceship earth, but at the same time I will miss that cold nap time .... haha ... :mickey:

Go to Universe of Energy. ;)

EJS-Houston
06-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know why they're taking Spaceship Earth down? They just refurbished it a few years ago!

Strmchsr
06-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know why they're taking Spaceship Earth down? They just refurbished it a few years ago!

Just minor, normal routine maintenance. Almost every ride goes down annually for repairs and cleaning. It's only a week so nothing out of the ordinary.

EJS-Houston
06-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Ah, Gotcha! Thanks Strmchsr!

Polynesian Dweller
06-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Some reports indicate that they may be doing some minor track work as well to smooth it and take some of the bone jarring jolts out.

mgmnut
06-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Yes, that is correct. SE will down Aug 18-25. Muppetvision will also be closed while you're there and the Jungle Cruise will be going down beginning Aug 19.

Booooo!! I had just said to DW that we need to ride JC at night while we are there. It is going to be a dash to get to ride SE and JC before they close when we arrive on 8/16. Wouldn't be an issue if they kept the Friday evening EMH they pulled at MK for 8/16 :mad:

Thanks for the info!