PDA

View Full Version : Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage/Wishes Desert Party

NurseMcStuffins
06-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I wanted get feedback on the Wishes Desert Party and the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage. I have a friend who went to the Wishes Desert Party - she liked, but said it is not a must do.

I have a 3 year old son who it think would love the pirate ship voyage. Is it worth the cost? We have 2 adults and 4 children - so it is going to expensive.

Thanks for the input!:mickey:

Pirate Granny
06-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I believe you pay per person...would it be cheaper to just go on your own cruise? Check it out.

Disneyfun
06-12-2013, 03:33 AM
I took my sister and her family to the Wishes Desert Party and it was well worth the money that we paid per person! The do hold the party regardless of whether or not they have wishes, but the deserts are to die for! The selection was wonderful and the quality was everything that Disney food is known for - top notch!
Seating is assigned, but when the fireworks start, you can go up to the rail. The view of the fireworks is spectacular. And because they limit the number of guests that can attend, you aren't smushed in with a horde of people.
I would recommend that if you can get a reservation for the party, definitely do so because you won't regret it!

Quadstriker
06-12-2013, 04:05 AM
We had a good time, but for the price you're going to have to pay for 6, I'd probably skip it.

epceddie
06-14-2013, 07:31 PM
My wife and I have done the Pirates and Pals a couple of times and we've always had a great time. There's a snack and drink party before the cruise leaves and you can have photos taken with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. Your cruise director is a pirate named Patch who makes everybody on the boat feel welcome and is a lot of fun with jokes and trivia questions. You pull up in front of the MK in Seven Seas Lagoon with a great view of the fireworks going off behind the castle and the music is piped in. Then, you head back and Peter Pan is waiting on the dock for more photos.
It costs about $50 a person and it's a great way to get out on the water and see the fireworks. We highly recommend it.

CaptSmee
06-21-2013, 11:33 AM
I agree with your friend. Being a fanatic we tried the dessert party & while there was lots of good stuff, it was hardly worth the price & there are better views around the park.