PDA

View Full Version : Episode 51 - Bring Back Old Cinderella

John
06-10-2013, 10:20 PM
The Cast: Christine Warner, Michael Montanez, Ian Mitchell, Gary O’Brien & John Yaglenski

- Crazy Eddie’s Chistmas in May

- Twitter rumours involving helecopters and Harrison Ford got out of control - of course not true.

- #RunICOT - Expedition Everest Challenge. *Christine said it didn’t live up to last years event.

- Disney Parks to Kick Off a ‘Monstrous Summer’ With 24 Hours of Magic on Both Coasts. New parade in 2014.

- More cool merchandise is on the way - Duffy the Disney Bear Sully.

- Vinylmation jumping the shark?

- Limited Time Magic vs. Year of a Million Dreams and a Castle Stay Mention

- John gets our new segment Take It or Leave It!

- Update of Disney Magic - cool new stuff on the way.

- MonsterRail

- Time is now to update Reflections of Earth

- INTERCOT’s Take It or Leave It - Limited Time Events. *John - Leave It, not a fan. Ian agrees with John - Leave It. *Michael is digging Limited Time Events and says Take It. Christine says Leave It - even locals don’t have enough notice to make plans. *Gary says it’s useless and Leaves It. *The tribe has spoken and it’s 4-1 Leave It.

- Ian’s Trip Re-Cap

>>Listen, Download, Share, Love, Savor the Flavor... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2013/episode-51.asp)

Quadstriker
06-11-2013, 04:04 AM
Wow! You guys went with Take it or Leave it? Sweet!

Can't wait to listen.

jennsky
06-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Hooray! Can't wait to listen! My commutes to work haven't been the same...since Ep. 50 anyway.... :number1:

Dopey's Girl
06-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Another great one...I love the tangents. They crack me up! And just when I had gotten my old work team used to my laughing out loud at you, I go and move jobs. Gotta train this group too I guess.

You all talked about moving closer to WDW. 6 years and I'm making the move. Not so much to be closer to Walt Disney World, but because the weather here is awful, and I'm tired of being cold 7 months a year!

I liked INTERCOT's Take It or Leave It...fun to have something new! As for "Limited Time Magic" that is a big fat Leave It. When even the locals like Christine can't get overly excited about some of the stuff, it's not going to get me to shell out the funds to fly down. I much prefered the Year(s) of a Million Dreams...sure you still got left out (unless you were Ian) but there was always a possibility you could win something!

I'm with Ian on AKL. Love the Lodge, it's an amazing place. But the hike out there is not worth it to me. I much prefer the Epcot resort area, or MK. At least both other areas, you can visit other resorts, or entertainment options without either spending hours on a bus, or getting in the car. Unless I got an amazing deal, I won't feel the need to stay there again.

Quadstriker
06-12-2013, 02:25 AM
To answer Gary's important question:

Do they have good beer on the Disney Cruises?

NO. At least not on the one cruise I was on. The only thing remotely decent was a Kona Longboard. Everything else was junk.

Glad INTERCOT'S (:cool:)Take it or Leave went well. I enjoyed being able to hear everyone's opinion on a subject without having to talk over each other.

Good to hear that there's been the start of some improvements in the merchandise front.

Vinalmations or whatever they're called never appealed to me in the slightest. I like to trade and collect me some pins because they're something you can wear around the park and they're great conversation starters with cast members and guests. More than once I've seen Dearest Wife brighten the day of a child by giving them a pin while we're standing in line talking with their parents.

GMRO
06-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Very much liked the podcast. New segment take it or leave it – VERY NICE!

Leave it - for the Limited Time stuff...it's just too short of a time as you all said.

We, wife/I, were just at WDW in May after Ian's trip. Sadly we don't like the whole fantasy land thingy. The "beer" thing at Gaston's - nasty! The details are OK in the whole land...typical of Disney – we all expect that. But the theme area is a waste of space. I agree – all that area and we don’t get a dark ride of the Beast’s Castle? REALLY??? Is the dwarf coaster going to be kiddy like the barnstormer ride or? AND geeze – expect Toy Story Mania issues for sure!!! Book your ride 8 months in advance and still get a 4PM ride time!

Far as Mermaid rife...I'm surprised Ian didn't pick up on this... SURE nice ride...but did you drop your eyes down below waist level? Big time FAIL! The whole image is lost at that point. I was very disappointed after I saw how you can see the WHOLE track and workings of the ride track and mechanisms and lower car/shell area. WOW, talking about cutting back/corners! I always marveled at how "secret-ive" the ride mechanical workings are in Disney rides. Hey why not just pull the floats with exposed tractors and a hitch if you’re gonna ½ effort it from this point on thru cut backs. It's like they lost funds or ran out of money below the waist and figured well nobody looks down there anyway. Its DIS-A-NEY folks, we don’t expect to see stuff like that. HELLO!!! Compare this ride to Haunted Mansion or any other ride where you are in a car/shell or else and moved thru the attraction. Mermaid is all new and new technology...and this is a big FAIL for me. It broke the illusion for sure. Once you notice it - you can't keep your eyes off it. Sorry, must just be me. That really bothered me the whole ride. They spent way too much on the que line area and lost it in the ride. Music and audiotronics were solid. But put this one on the list with the unfinished ceiling in the story with Belle thing.

We did love the RFID thingy too! WOW we couldn't wait to try it and it worked. We did have an issue with our QS dining plan and my KTTW card - we used my wife’s card for QS once WE figured out the issue. My card was corrupt and it kept charging our WDW Visa card - linked to our room - each time we tried to use my card to get food. Apparently my card was linked to a wristband that didn't exist and that caused a flaw with its use for food. They did credit out the Visa charges and then removed the appropriate QS credits. For park entry my card worked fine. So instead of having them cancel our reservation and rebook the trip to fix their glitch we just used my wife’s card for food since her card was fine. I'm sure this won't be the only thing Disney will deal with as they roll out the RFID wristbands. Tap and put your pin in seemed to work with wife's card fine. Hope they can work bugs out of the RFID, we thought it was a time saver getting parks etc for sure.

Keep up the great podcasts folks! Always enjoyable to hear you on tangents, sing and else!

Septbride2002
06-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Great Podcast!

I like the Take It/Leave it segment. And I have to agree with everyone that said "Leave it" to the limited magic dung heap. I mean seriously - the "hype" has been minimal at best. OOOhhhhha character will be out - big whoop. And I have to agree with John - the one time moments stupid event days stink. That Dragon should be flying often. PERIOD.

I'm also with Ian on Belle's storytime - I like the concept and I think for little kids - it is very cool. But it should have stayed in a nice little unobtrusive corner of Fantasyland - not given major real estate. I so wish for a Dark Ride of the Beast Castle - the fact that the resturant is so packed with people just wanting to SEE inside - shows that a dark ride would have been equally if not more so successful. Because once I try the food - I'm pretty much done with it unless it WOWs me. I haven't had a chance to try it yet - but we are on the go diners when we are at Disney.

Mermaid Ride is :thumbsup: for our family.

I love when Michael is on the podcast. :D

If I may be so bold to suggest another segment you guys could discuss, talk about what is a major thread on the boards. What is everyone else talking about. Or pick a random thread with a question and discuss.

GMRO
06-14-2013, 10:48 AM
if i may be so bold to suggest another segment you guys could discuss, talk about what is a major thread on the boards. What is everyone else talking about. Or pick a random thread with a question and discuss.

Great idea!!!

AND Michael...the "buzz" content comment had my wife and I ROFL!!! He is too much!!!

JMTStone
06-14-2013, 11:25 AM
That podcast was great.

I missed Michael.

It seems Gary's "hardened princess" sounded like Capt Tom, but was that just me? :secret:

Thanks guys!

DisneyBarb
06-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Love the podcast! I'm lucky to be able to listen while I work. Just booked our trip for November and although have tried other vacations it always come back to going to Disney (17 and 15 year old still love it).

Thanks for mentioning Boston, having been at the finish line for many years (but not this year) makes it surreal.

When you talk about any running races in Disney makes me almost want to start running, almost..

Christine
06-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Barb, come run with us! I'll run with you!

tinkwest
06-18-2013, 08:52 PM
I enjoyed the new segment, Take It or Leave It. In reference to Limited Time Magic, I would have been in the Leave It group (sorry Michael). I’ve found it less than inspired, just as the name itself is less than inspired.

The “magic” (this is a DLR perspective but I’m assuming WDW may be similar) seems to be a lot of things that would have happened anyway, with or without being categorized and announced as limited time, such as holiday (Valentine’s Day, Easter, etc.) themed decorations and food or exhibits and merchandise surrounding movie releases. Other things were just silly – Dapper Dans singing boy band hits and Worm & Dirt Tarts sold during Earth Week. Long Lost Friends or out-of-the-ordinary Fairies congregating for a Meet & Greet won’t have me rushing to the parks either. And don’t get me started on the Mickey’s Compass Quest at Disneyland. After hours of tracking down clues and filling out our map we were given our special reward of a sticker. A STICKER! I was not expecting a bronze trophy but at the very list a button similar to the birthday buttons. A sticker, sheesh!

There have been some worthwhile events, the Golden Horseshoe Revue, the Monstrous All-Nighter, and the upcoming week of special Independence Day Fireworks. Also, I think the Limited Time Magic exclusive to Annual Passholders has had more hits than misses. But all of these could have stood on their own merit without being a part of a yearlong lukewarm “event”.

Ok, that’s my hundred and twenty-seven cents worth on that topic.

The podcast was great overall. Always look forward to them and I always find myself laughing out loud several times. Hoping to hear Carol chime in next time. Keep up the great work.

DisneyBarb
06-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Barb, come run with us! I'll run with you!

I have been thinking about taking up running, if I do I will take you up on that offer! Thats very sweet!

Looking forward to next podcast!