PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast Suggestions

Donald Duck
06-10-2013, 12:56 PM
We're going to WDW right after Christmas when Disney jacks up the prices on the character meals.

Last time we went to the Crystal Palace for dinner (Dec 2010) and remember paying over $40 per person and it wasn't worth it.

My kids are older but we'd still like to do 1 or 2 character meals. I think I'm going to skip the dinners because it's not worth the money and do 2 character breakfasts instead.

We've done breakfast at 'Ohanas and Cape May Café before so we don't want to go there again this time.

I was thinking of 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's.

I'm making an ADR at Bomas for breakfast too.

We've eaten dinner at 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's before but not breakfast.

Which would you choose ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck

:mickey:

cuteduck223
06-10-2013, 01:34 PM
We really like crystal palace, especially if you get a before park opening ADR.

Never been overly impressed with Chef Mickeys but my daughter LOVES it.

Donald Duck
06-10-2013, 01:39 PM
We really like crystal palace, especially if you get a before park opening ADR.

Never been overly impressed with Chef Mickeys but my daughter LOVES it.

Thanks.
Does Crystal Palace have pancakes ?
I've noticed most buffets have french toast or waffles but not pancakes.

Madame Leona
06-10-2013, 03:30 PM
We usually eat at Chef Mickey's and Tusker House for breakfast. I've always really liked both. Is the food the best I've ever eaten? No but it's consistent and very good.

Donald Duck
06-10-2013, 05:02 PM
We usually eat at Chef Mickey's and Tusker House for breakfast. I've always really liked both. Is the food the best I've ever eaten? No but it's consistent and very good.

Thanks.
We're only going to AK 1 day and we like to get there early as possible to go on the Safari, so we usually eat a quick breakfast in the room or grab something quick at AK.

thads
06-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks.
We're only going to AK 1 day and we like to get there early as possible to go on the Safari, so we usually eat a quick breakfast in the room or grab something quick at AK.

You can get an ADR for Donald's Safari breakfast before the park opens. We usually shoot for 8:00 or 8:15. It is a great breakfast, and you can finish eating before the park opens. Also, it is right next to the Safari ride, so you exit the restaurant, and get on the ride, before anyone else gets there.

It is a great option in my opinion.

Niecyboo
06-10-2013, 07:16 PM
1900 Park Fare is my favorite breakfast. I have never done the dinner but do the breakfast a lot. It has the strawberry soup just like dinner and also has an omelet station, which is nice. I don't remember if they have pancakes, but that is because there are so many other great things (and sweet things) that I love that I don't normally get anything like the waffles or pancakes. Another favorite they have often is a lobster eggs Benedict.

MargaretMessler
06-10-2013, 07:33 PM
You can get an ADR for Donald's Safari breakfast before the park opens. We usually shoot for 8:00 or 8:15. It is a great breakfast, and you can finish eating before the park opens. Also, it is right next to the Safari ride, so you exit the restaurant, and get on the ride, before anyone else gets there.

It is a great option in my opinion.

This one gets my vote as well. We went when it was in the previous location, but it was a great breakfast, we got in, ate, took some character photos, and we were still done eating before they dropped the rope. (I think they had opened SOME of the park at that point.)

MargaretMessler
06-10-2013, 07:34 PM
1900 Park Fare is my favorite breakfast. I have never done the dinner but do the breakfast a lot. It has the strawberry soup just like dinner and also has an omelet station, which is nice. I don't remember if they have pancakes, but that is because there are so many other great things (and sweet things) that I love that I don't normally get anything like the waffles or pancakes. Another favorite they have often is a lobster eggs Benedict.

I know you were focusing on breakfasts, but in regards to 1900 Park Fare, we did the dinner just a few weeks ago and the food was fab, characters were also great.

andypooh
06-10-2013, 08:46 PM
have always loved crystal palace. i found chef mickey to be a little hectic and cramped. definitely prefer crystal palace and love getting into the park early when it is quiet and serene

Pally
06-10-2013, 08:56 PM
We ate at 1900 Park Fair in October and liked it very much. The characters for breakfast were fun.:mickey:

Pirate Granny
06-10-2013, 09:45 PM
We loved 1900 for breakfast and the different characters...Mary Popkins, Alice, Mad Hatter and tigger...

Donald Duck
06-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Definately going to go to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and maybe Crystal Palace too,if they have pancakes :)

We did Donald's Breakfasarus once before when the kids were younger. It was very good but we're not going to be able to get to the parks before they open. Especially since we will be staying at the parks late at night (midnight or later).

The menu for Crystal palce doesn't give too much detail:

Seasonal Fresh Fruit
Freshly-baked Pastries
Assorted Breakfast Cereals
Scrambled Egg and Omelette Station
Variety of Potatoes and Comfort Foods

dixielandings
06-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Another :down: for Chef Mickey's. I love the Mouse but it's too far and I just don't get the appeal.

My hands-down favorite breakfast anywhere at WDW is 'Ohana, FWIW.

I was JUST talking to some friends yesterday who had high praises for 1900 Park Fare, which is the very first place I ever had a Character Meal experience (back in 1994). I think I'll be trying that out this fall.