PDA

View Full Version : Making Dining Reservations

BigB
06-10-2013, 12:20 AM
We officially hit our 180 day mark!! So excited!! Until, we used Disney's Dining website. Holy Mackerel was it awful!! It took us 90 minutes to make twelve reservations. Getting the times and dates was easy. Getting the website to work was not. I had to continually log into my account because suddenly, I was logged out. Then, I had to add my DG as a guest. I finally got it to automatically add her after I reentered her on my account. All the technology they have there and this is the best they can come up with :confused:!? Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Anyone else have these issues? And when did they switch to this "new" system? Last years trip was much easier to navigate and book.

Capt_redshirt
06-10-2013, 02:15 AM
on my 180 day mark the reservation site wasn't too bad...my problem was it remembering what day i was looking for ... this update was done beginning of the year and its been hit or miss

vamaggie
06-10-2013, 07:35 AM
At our 180 day mark we were unable to find any times for either dinner or breakfast at 3 different venues-and only 1.5 hours after it came live. :confused::confused::confused: Called and got it taken care of in about 3 minutes. Found the phone much quicker and easier and helpful. All reservations also showed up in My Disney Experience that day.

Butters
06-10-2013, 08:30 AM
At our 180+10 the site would not recognize me as an on site guest no matter what I did.... Ended up just calling the DVC line and let them deal with the system for me.... I now do that for anything I want to book...

JenniferS.
06-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Yesterday was my 180 +10 and the website would only let me book the first day. I called and ended up doing them that way.

buzznwoodysmom
06-10-2013, 11:23 AM
A few weeks ago both my sister in law and I had nothing but trouble trying to use the online system to book ADRs. I always make all our ADRs online without problems. We were both able to book Ohana's for our first night but that was it. After that we kept getting various messages. Error messages, system busy messages, and other "error" type messages. We ended up having to call as well.

SurferStitch
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
We made our ADR's last Friday online, and was surprised that it went relatively well.

I did get kicked out once, but after I logged in again, it remembered all of my info, including my credit card.

We have a very fast internet connection (50 Mbps), and even for us it seemed a little slow. I couldn't imagine how slow it would be for the average connection!

I went into it fully expecting the worse, but it went pretty well. Got everything we wanted. We just had to book BOG for the middle of our trip versus the beginning, which I totaly expected anyway. :thumbsup:

Donald Duck
06-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Last time I went, you could only make them 180 days out each day. So, I had to call each day of our trip +180 to make each reservation.

Now can I make all the reservations 180 days out from our 1st night ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck

:mickey:

PopPhan
06-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Last time I went, you could only make them 180 days out each day. So, I had to call each day of our trip +180 to make each reservation.

Now can I make all the reservations 180 days out from our 1st night ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck

:mickey:

As long as you are staying "on property" (i.e. at a Disney owned and operated resort) you can make your dining reservations at the 180 day mark prior to arrival and for the following (up to) 10 days of your visit.

This has been the case for a few years now.

If you are staying "off property" you can still only make your reservations for one day, 180 days in advance.

Donald Duck
06-12-2013, 10:40 AM
As long as you are staying "on property" (i.e. at a Disney owned and operated resort) you can make your dining reservations at the 180 day mark prior to arrival and for the following (up to) 10 days of your visit.

This has been the case for a few years now.

If you are staying "off property" you can still only make your reservations for one day, 180 days in advance.

Thanks. We're staying onsite and less than 10 days.

Which is better, calling or online ?

BigB
06-12-2013, 09:35 PM
If your online experience is as bad as mine, calling would be faster and much easier!

Boster24
06-14-2013, 10:38 AM
The new website is an absolute nightmare, I have complained numerous times and their response is its a work in progress. Pages take forever to load or don't load, you get sent to wrong areas, you would think a company that utilizes cutting edge technology could create a website that works. While it takes longer I will just use the phone, the website is useless:confused:

epceddie
06-14-2013, 08:28 PM
I love how every time I try to add a celebration (we'll be at WDW for our sixth wedding anniversary in October), I get sent to the page for booking a room. I already have a room reservation with a confirmation number in the system.
I've found the site to be very hard to navigate and find the information I'm looking for. Disney really should have a better handle on this. They're supposed to be cutting edge when it comes to technology like this.

SurferStitch
06-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I've been trying to add celebrations as well. I always could add them later so I didn't have to waste time while making the ADR's.

Am I missing something, or can't I add them after the fact? :confused: