PDA

View Full Version : Tree Houses

Mrs Bus Driver
06-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Tell me about the tree houses at SS. Would like to hear why you did/did not like them. If you were going with several people would you stay in them or go for a grand villa? Possibly 7 or 8 staying together.

VWL Mom
06-09-2013, 01:58 PM
We've not stayed there yet but have toyed with the possibility of the Treehouse or the GV. Some of my thoughts in the decision process.

GV is twice as big as TH
GV is twice the points as TH
TH has 2 bath GV has 3
Th bedrooms queen/queen/bunk beds
GV bedrooms king/2 queen/2 queen
Both have sleepers in the living space
Transportation from TH requires bus to SSR then bus to park

Another thing I looked at was OKW GV, point wise it falls in between the TH and SSR GV but still gives you the space.

If you're traveling with children, the bunks would be fine. All adults, not so much.

MyDisneyworld
06-10-2013, 06:26 AM
I have been there twice and loved both stays. One trip with 6 adults/ 2 children and another trip with 4 adults / 4 children. We were very comfortable on both trips and would stay there again for sure. We had a car on both trips and normally drove to the parks as the buses can take some time to get to where you need to go. If you have a noisy group and want to get away from everything when not in the parks then this is the place for you. We found it very relaxing and loved the private pool there. If you do not have a car then get a unit near the trail to SSR and you can catch the bus to the parks from there and avoid the connector bus to SSR.
Enjoy your trip.

mdhiggin
06-11-2013, 10:09 PM
We stayed there once. It was great inside the treehouse. My biggest complaint was that it was so far away from everything. You had to take a bus to SSR to catch another bus to the parks. Also, for a place that sleeps 9, it allowed only one parking spot. I don't know of many vehicles that hold 9, so that seemed silly to me. We had to park the other car at SSR. They said it was an environmental thing, but it was extremely inconvenient since we drive a lot to places around Disney.