PDA

View Full Version : Taxis to Theme Parks?

newcarsmell
06-09-2013, 12:39 PM
We're planning a trip in October with my Mom, who's 70 and is very averse to buses - don't get me started...anyway, I've determined that taxis are our best bet if she poops out mid-day or wants to get a later start than the rest of us. My question is - at Epcot, are there taxis available at the entrance or will we need to call for one to take her to AKL? And at MK, will they take her all the way to park entrance or just to the TTC? Are there any issues with taxis at WDW that I should know about? Thanks!

MNNHFLTX
06-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Yes, at Epcot just walk to the bus loading area and just behind that in the parking lot are the taxis--there is a walkway to cross over.

As far as Magic Kingdom, the taxi would have to drop her off at the TTC or at the Contemporary and then she could walk over. Or the Polynesian/Grand Floridian and she can take the monorail.

Pirate Granny
06-09-2013, 04:15 PM
They probably will not let her taxi to the resort if she isn't staying or eating there...she'll have to go to the TTC. EPCOT...that walk to the taxi stand by the bus can be a hike..if by the World showcase I would consider exiting at the international gate and going to beach club and catch the cab from there. I believe the closest taxis from the park are the studio taxi, next animal kingdom...we try to taxi when going to resort to resort to eat.

disneyluva
06-09-2013, 06:42 PM
OFTEN use taxis as I hate the busses when I'm tired and there's a really long line! Anyway, when going to MK from a non-monorail hotel, you can take a taxi to the Grand Floridian and then jump on the monorail. On the way out of MK, taxis are right near all the resort busses. When we are at EPCOT, we generally take the taxi from the Beach Club to our resort on the way out - just walk out international gateway if at the back of the park. If you're at the front, taxis right there. Enjoy!

SBETigg
06-10-2013, 09:26 AM
If you're at Epcot, it's often more convenient (depending on where you are) to walk through the International Gateway and catch a taxi at the Beach Club (oh as previous poster suggested, just saw that).

They probably will not let her taxi to the resort if she isn't staying or eating there...she'll have to go to the TTC.

You can taxi to any resort at any time, no matter what your purpose is. You don't have to be staying, eating, or shopping at the resort. The taxis come and go and no one grills you as to intent when your taxi pulls up.

mom2morgan
06-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Can't add much advice, just wanted to say that we have used taxis and been very happy with how easy they are to get! at any of the resorts, you just ask at the concierge desk and can get one right away. We even use them to go to other parks, like Universal and Seaworld. I honestly don't know WHY anyone would bother with Mears and shuttle buses, since for a family of 4 the cost is almost identical and it is SO much more convenient!

DisneyGiant
06-13-2013, 12:59 PM
You can taxi to any resort at any time, no matter what your purpose is. You don't have to be staying, eating, or shopping at the resort. The taxis come and go and no one grills you as to intent when your taxi pulls up.

That is what I thought as well.

We sometimes will take a taxi to a resort when we're having dinner there - much easier than bus hopping.

As for MK - your best bet for miminal walking is the taxi to GF - then the monorail.

I took a taxi from Wide World of Sports to DHS once - the drop off area is even beyond the bus stops. I found it a very long walk (especially with a blister) - probably would have been better to go to Swan\Dolphin then take the boat over. Oh well, live and learn. :)