PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

fanofdisney
06-09-2013, 10:33 AM
If you are at MK and stay for Wishes can you take the monorail to Epcot (when their hours are 9-9) to walk through to get to BW? Or do we have to wait for the bus? We love to stay for the fireworks but getting out of MK gets some in our group a bit stressed. Too bad you can't get a drink and wait for the crowds to thin...:beer: I am guessing the monorail to Epcot is not running at that time but thought I would ask just in case.

MickeysBestPal
06-09-2013, 11:09 AM
If you are at MK and stay for Wishes

1- can you take the monorail to Epcot (when their hours are 9-9) to walk through to get to BW?

2- Or do we have to wait for the bus? We love to stay for the fireworks but getting out of MK gets some in our group a bit stressed.

3- Too bad you can't get a drink and wait for the crowds to thin...:beer: I am guessing the monorail to Epcot is not running at that time but thought I would ask just in case.

1- You can. If Epcot is still open, you'll need a HOPPER ticket or AP to get into Epcot.

But, this method won't save you any time.
You'll still need to get to TTC from the MK gates
before you can board the Epcot monorail. That trip will be very busy on both the monorails and ferry boats.
PLUS, add on that 20+ minute walk through Epcot to get to the resorts.

2- Makes the most sense.

3- You can't get a beer at MK, but you CAN stay in MK just sit and wait for the buses to calm down.
Alternately, if you really want a beer, you can walk (8 minutes, or so) over to the Contemporary Resort, buy a beer and wait there for the buses to calm, then walk back and get on your resort bus at the MK bus area.

The resort buses will continue to be dispatched to MK until all guests have been taken to their
respective resorts.

SBETigg
06-09-2013, 12:32 PM
As the previous poster suggests, you can head to an area resort for a drink or wait it out a bit in the park. Things calm down after about a half hour or so. It is kind of a pain to get to the TTC and get on the Epcot monorail then walk through all of FW to WS to get to the International Gateway to get to your resort-- provided Epcot is still open. As much of a hassle as the bus is (not that much for me, but it depends), it's less hassle than all that.

Also, if you dread the bus that much, you could get to a resort (walk to Contemporary, boat or resort monorail to Polynesian or GF) and catch a cab back from there. The bell services staff hails cabs for you, and for the $20 or less, it's sometimes worth it for us. Bonus, you can explore another resort before catching your cab.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2013, 03:10 PM
The whole mess at the busses after Wishes isn't one of my favourite things either.

We just hang out in the park, watch everyone leave for the day, take some great pictures, enjoy the atmosphere. The crowds clear out pretty fast, and once they are generally gone, we head out to the bus.

I love the idea of walking over to the Contemporary for a drink or a bite though. :)

Tink1
06-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Or walk to the Contemporary, get a drink and a bite then take a cab back to your resort!

There are times that cabs can be very useful in WDW.

Nanc

MargaretMessler
06-09-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm not a fan of buses in general, and even less so at park closing, but I don't think I would do the dual monorail trip.

I would either drive (if I had a rental, which I normally do), or do as others have suggested, walk over to the CR and have a drink then back to the MK for a lesser crowded bus.

I'm thinking any of the water methods of transport would be even more crushing than the bus at park closing, IMO.

fanofdisney
06-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Thank you for all your help. We will wait around a bit then go wait for the bus. We have only had 1 bad experience with the buses and it was after Wishes. For some reason every resort bus was coming but ours, it was really strange. The line was so unbelievably long so I was trying to figure out a way to avoid that experience again. We may head to the CR for a drink to wait around a bit, we will see.
Or the other plan is to have dinner at Kona Cafe then head to the Poly beach to watch Wishes. :thumbsup: