PDA

View Full Version : Okw

Yungbuck73
06-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey all, we are new to DVC and just booked a 1 bedroom villa from 1/8/14 - 1/12/14 for #runicot. We are waitlisted for a 1 bedroom villa near hospitality center. Is that worth it or are we ok with the regular 1 bedroom?
Also, is there any part of the resort to request?
We have never stayed at OKW either with DVC or paying, so i have no idea what to except.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

VWL Mom
06-08-2013, 01:02 PM
If you're not waitlisting anything else I would keep the HH WL. The rooms are exactly the same layout but the location is better. You're closer to the check-in, feature pool, community hall, arcade, Olivia's, quick serve counter, mug refill station, gift shop, etc.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to let your know the preferred locations outside of HH but when I was considering staying there a friend recommended the Turtle Pond area.

Yungbuck73
06-08-2013, 01:07 PM
If you're not waitlisting anything else I would keep the HH WL. The rooms are exactly the same layout but the location is better. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to let your know the preferred locations outside of HH.

sorry I am a little confused lol What is HH WL?

we do have a waitlist for Boardwalk villas

VWL Mom
06-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Sorry, Hospitality House Waitlist :blush: I guess I should have been clearer, if you're not looking to use the waitlist anywhere else then I would keep the Hospitality House one.

You have a waitlist at Beach Club, was there any place else you were considering? If so, then you might consider canceling the HH one and using it elsewhere.

tomatoe pie
06-14-2013, 06:19 PM
the best area at okw is close to the hospitality house. but everyone may not agree.

i also love the 1br or 2br. lots of space to relax in. the buses seem to come on time and the boat to dtd is enjoyable. :mickey:

mgmnut
06-17-2013, 08:28 PM
We stayed in Building 27 last year, going to request that area again for this years trip. I loved that location. You are the First bus stop for pickup so you always get your choice of seats. You are also the first dropped off at the end of a long day.

You are right over the bridge from the Hospitality House, Main pool, and boat to DTD.

I will be happy if I can get placed somewhere in buildings 23 through 27

VWL Mom
06-18-2013, 06:43 AM
I will be happy if I can get placed somewhere in buildings 23 through 27

Just an fyi, buildings 23-26 are considered HH category buildings, 27 is regular.

Becca3557
06-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Hospitality House units are very convenient. We're long-time members and we book it pretty consistently now. Running to the store for something you need "desperately" ;) or heading over to Good's for a burger is very easy.

But there are other very nice locations - if you'd like a water view then buildings 45-46 are terrific. We were in building 47 a few trips ago and were right on the golf course.

All of the "neighborhoods" have their own pool. The one at Turtle Pond is a bit larger (it appears that way anyway! :blush: ) and has a snack bar which is open during busier seasons.

Yungbuck73
06-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks for all the great info but we just got a confirmation email that our waitlist for the Boardwalk 1 bedroom villa just came thru. Now we will be right there for Jellyrolls!!!!!!
Thanks again, once again showing how great the INTERCOT community is!!!!

VWL Mom
06-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Glad it worked for you. If BWV is your first choice don't forget to cancel any other waitlist you may have had.