PDA

View Full Version : Help! When will Fastpass+ be the only FP option?

WeLoveStitch
06-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the boards but have visited INTERCOT many times and tell anyone I know planning a Disney trip to visit this site for help in planning.

Now I could really use some help.

I've been to WDW many times, so I'm not a newbie, but this FastPass+ thing is freaking me out.

Our next trip is September 7, 2013. Will FP+ be up and fully functioning by then? We have friends (a couple) that just decided to join us for the first 4 days of our trip and I want to make sure they enjoy their first Disney trip and all of this pre-planning (ADR now possibly FP) is turning into a nightmare.

Will the fast passes be available for people not staying on resort (I have another friend going at a later time that month and staying off property for a quick 2 day trip)?

We are avid park Hopper's and I am not very happy about FP+, given everything I've read so far.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, in advance!

Anne

Ms. Mode
06-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Hey! Welcome to Intercot!

I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question yet, I know that they have started testing with guests from a few resorts. The Contemporary is one of those, but I haven't he :blush:ard anything about a actual rollout date for the compete system.

We have a trip planned for December and I'm planning to make my ADRs the old fashion way, as far as FP+ goes, I'm in a holding pattern.

Sorry, I know I'm not much help. :blush:

Tekneek
06-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately, there is no sure way of knowing when FP+ will be the only way (short of an announcement from Disney). It could, in theory, happen anytime. We'll know when the FP stations in the parks are gone, because surely somebody will notice and the boards here (plus twitter) will explode.

MickeysBestPal
06-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Will the fast passes be available for people not staying on resort...

Disney's cryptic announcements have been somewhat clear about one point...
They state that FP+ will not be tied to a WDW resort stay.

Anyone with a ticket will be eligible.

DisneyDawgette
06-08-2013, 12:37 PM
A friend of mine who has a connection at Disney said that they are looking into offering the original FP as well as FP+... I can't vouch for the validity, but I know that he and his wife work there and they have been accurate on other accounts in the past! :)

Here's to hoping! :)

Mgcamp
06-08-2013, 12:49 PM
We are avid park Hopper's and I am not very happy about FP+, given everything I've read so far.

Nothing is set yet, so I would recommend ignoring all the fear mongering that is going on related to this topic until there actually is something to worry about. Likely part of the reason it is taking time to be official is that Disney is trying to get it right.

Personally I'm going to wait and see what happens before I say if it is good or bad. Also no matter what it ends up looking like it will still be better than being at work!

Maleficent's Dad
06-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Will the fast passes be available for people not staying on resort (I have another friend going at a later time that month and staying off property for a quick 2 day trip)?
Hi, Anne. :hi: Welcome.
The short answer is that no one knows for sure when Disney will implement FP+ in its entirety. Many speculate on what is going to happen. The truth is, no one knows for sure...

It could, in theory, happen anytime. We'll know when the FP stations in the parks are gone, because surely somebody will notice and the boards here (plus twitter) will explode.
This is very true. The internet will be abuzz with praise, criticism, and/or strong feelings once the system goes live system-wide. So keep checking online for more information. Disney discussion boards (unofficial boards, mind you) provide far greater detail in a more timely manner than Disney ever does.

Disney's cryptic announcements have been somewhat clear about one point...
They state that FP+ will not be tied to a WDW resort stay.

Anyone with a ticket will be eligible.
While I do believe this is true, and I'm not looking to disagree, I take everything they say about FP+ with a grain of salt. Disney has released information about FP+ and then reneged on previously released information. Sometimes I wonder how well they thought this through...
(WDW's history is filled with "ideas" that didn't quite pan out the way they thought things would go - due to improper initial planning.)

MargaretMessler
06-08-2013, 03:43 PM
A friend of mine who has a connection at Disney said that they are looking into offering the original FP as well as FP+... I can't vouch for the validity, but I know that he and his wife work there and they have been accurate on other accounts in the past! :)

Here's to hoping! :)

I also hope your friends are accurate, because I have no interest in either 1)planning ahead to the moment of every day, or 2)doing stand by on EVERY attraction.

BrerGnat
06-08-2013, 04:41 PM
FP+ will be the ONLY option in about 2-3 years from now.

If FP+ works as expected, Disney plans to eliminate the current FP system.

By September of this year, I wouldn't even expect FP+ to be fully functional yet. It is June and they are only doing a VERY short week of guest testing limited to two resorts only. It will take several months for this system to go live 100%.

Tekneek
06-09-2013, 02:35 PM
People do keep suggesting that FP may stay along with FP+, but the only definitive information available suggests it won't be. The Terms of Service for My Disney Experience says that changing to paperless tickets means you will not be able to participate in the current FastPass system. It would be an odd thing to put there if they intended for both to be used together.

Tekneek
06-09-2013, 02:37 PM
By September of this year, I wouldn't even expect FP+ to be fully functional yet. It is June and they are only doing a VERY short week of guest testing limited to two resorts only. It will take several months for this system to go live 100%.

If they haven't had the chance to go live resort-wide for a while before the holidays come, I hope they punt to next year. Suddenly overturning things during Halloween/Christmas celebrations could cause a backlash (not to mention potential impact to my own family, more importantly :thumbsup:).